Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from SplashyKnave1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplashyKnave1

Unremarkable
Personal Information

Name
Daniel

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:185824298

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play on NY Jailbreak. I can join other servers if needed to.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I was never biased toward anyone and wanted to make the TF2 community better over time. Also I have been wanting to clean up servers and be rid of rulebreakers and make community servers a better and safer place for everyone in the team Fortress 2 community. I mainly play Team Fortress 2 then any other game on steam and am normally available for immediate response.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
No

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
I have met some staff members but never talked with them in order to get to know them.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I am always available on weekends when I have my laptop and available on weekdays after 3:30 p.m est

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
If they are repeat offenders the punishment is doubled.
  • Hackers I would watch in spectator to determine proof then if they are ban them.

• Chat spammers I request to stop spamming if not a 1 hour gag
  • Voice spammers would be told to stop if they didn't they get a 1 hour mute as well.

• When dealing with one free kill if I see it they get slayed if I don't I won't do anything.

• If the warden has no mic or not understandable mic I will team ban until they fix/get a mic.

• Mass freekill will be banned for 2 weeks.

• If they perform a banned minigame they will be team banned for an hour.

• AFK players will get slapped then kicked if they don't move.

• I will warn anyone attempting to deny LR and if they continue they will be slayed.

• I will gag anyone advertising hacks permanently.

• If someone ghosts I would mute them for an hour and 30 minutes.

• If someone talks over warden I will warn them. If continued they will be muted for 30 minutes.

• If someone was to talk over admin during mic check they will be muted for an hour.

• If someone impersonates warden I will mute them for 1 hour.

• If someone camps they will be slain.

• If someone griefs they will be team banned for 1 hour.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I believe that rules are to be followed not broken. I enjoy playing team Fortress 2 and if I could I would enjoy playing CSGO but my computer would not be able to run it.

I would also like to mention that some admins do not enforce the no kitchen/theatre with only the warden left on blue rule I am very patient and take orders from my superiors with respect.

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
OOOOH NOOOO, x50....

Jokes aside, let's get on with the actual application.
Can you add some structure to your application?
It all looks so cramped and very hard to read.
Also, your "Why do you want to become an admin" is one big sentence.
Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to become admin because I can stand people and like there to be order I used to inform people on TF2 servers who broke rules and was told I should apply for admin but never bothered and was recently told I should apply for admin on any game because I enjoyed following rules in most new servers I join I wait a week to learn the rules.
It would look better if it had some proper punctuation.
Furthermore, I am NEUTRAL on this applicant.

Keep in mind, this is my opinion and I am just giving feedback.
You are not obliged to do anything with this feedback

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

"I was never biased toward anyone and wanted to make the TF2 community better over time.

I put in an application for this server because I know blackwonder the most out of all the other servers I play on."
This is both a short and generic reason for admin. Why do you think you would be of use to our team? What can you bring to the table? Just because you know the servers isn't much help.

No administrative experience, and no known admins. This is sort of just a note, as this won't stop you from being accepted. You can learn admin commands quickly, and meet other admins just as fast. However, getting to know some admins will increase your chances of being accepted, as they can vouch for you if they believe you'd be fit for admin.

I don't agree with a lot of your punishments.

• Chat spammers I request to stop spamming if not a 1 hour gag
  • Voice spammers would be told to stop if they didn't they get a 1 hour ban as well.
How would you scale these? This also goes for other punishments, while you'll probably change it and get into a groove, it would be nice to know how you believe repeat offenders should be punished.
  • If the warden has no mic or not understandable mic I will mute till they fix/get a mic.
In this situation you would teamban, not mute.
  • Mass freekill will be be team banned for 2 hours.
I completely disagree with this. Mass freekillers ruin games, it's one of the worst offenses you can commit in JB. MFKers typically get 1 week server bans, a 2 hour teamban is incredibly light. Lots of MFKers would be glad to wait that out so they can kill again.
  • If they perform a banned minigame they will be muted for an hour.
This goes for a few more of your punishments, but most things blues do that are against the rules either result in a teamban or a flat ban. Muting isn't necessary and while it does teamban them it also prevents them from talking on red.
  • I will gag anyone advertising hacks for at least 3 hours.
This is far too light. We don't tolerate hackers here, anyone caught hacking is given a permanent ban. Therefore, advertising hacks is an offense that is worth a much more severe punishment. Typically a permanent gag or a permanent ban is necessary (unless they're trolling with the lunchbox meme, in that case you'd just tell them to stop).

-Support until most of this stuff can be fixed. If this app is declined, my personal recommendation would be to go through accepted apps in the past and see how they constructed their apps. This is overall a very loosely put together app. Furthermore, I don't know who you really are, I'm not sure if you use the discord (though this could be due to timezones). Getting to know admins is a big deal, so don't be afraid to approach and chat them up.

SplashyKnave1

Unremarkable
I did not mean to put ban I am running a new spell correct software that I will be deleting because it sucks I meant to put mute also it changed perm gag to at least 3 hours.

It's a new spell correct software that is entirely in Japanese so I pressed random buttons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom