Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from SMILES999 | blw.tf

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMILES999 | blw.tf

Scarcely Lethal
Personal Information

Name
SMILES

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:133878546

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
None

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play "Verses Saxton Hale"

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I would like to become an admin because rule breakers infuriate me. I hate when you repeatedly tell someone to stop, and even after you have used the !calladmin command, still won't stop.

I wan't to make all the Black Wonder servers fun for everyone (except repeated rule breakers)

Do you know any of our current staff members?
No

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
I am sorry but I know none.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I usually play after school, (about 4:30 - 7 GMT), have dinner, then play till about 9:00 GMT. I play all day on the weekends, with short breaks.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
For Hackers: I would need solid proof (video or multiple screenshots proving that they hack). Once I have solid evidence, I would ban them permanently.

For Spammers: The will be given a warning, then a temp mute. If they keep on spamming, they will be give a longer mute. The third time it will be permanent. (The mute lengths are the same as the ban length above).

For Map Exploiters: They will be warned not to exploit. I will first kick or slay them. If I have solid evidence (video or multiple screenshots) I will temp ban, then perm ban.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
Even though I may not have any knowledge of admin commands, I am a quick learner, and I know coding. I wan't to make the Black Wonder servers a fun, safe and profanity free play for everyone. I love tf2, and especially love playing "Versus Saxton Hale". I don't wan't to be an admin who abuses power and punishes for the sake of it. I won't to focus on my role as a member of the Black Wonder community. I would accept everyone's views, and believe in redemption.

Thank you for you're time in reading this review. Please comment on what you thought of it, and what I could do better.

SMILES999

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
For Hackers: I would need solid proof (video or multiple screenshots proving that they hack). Once I have solid evidence, I would ban them for a short time (1 day to a week). Second offence would be longer (2 weeks up to month). Third offence is permanent ban.
Sorry there is a no cheating policy here (not my words)

NO

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
This is going to be short:
  • Your application is rushed
  • You do not get into detail about your punishment
  • You are not very active on the forum
  • When you joined the forum you did a lot of unnecessary comments on different threads
  • You have a ban for !calladmin abuse.
For this application, I have to give you a -Support. The reasons are listed above.

With that all being said, I still do appreciate your dedication towards our community.

But if you really aim to become an admin in the future, you need to look out for those things:
  • You must know all the rules AND follow them accordingly.
  • You must good grasp of the English language (both spoken and written). Beware of grammar mistakes.
  • You must be able to act mature on both the forums and on the server. Nobody says anything against a little joking, but if you spam Lenny faces all over the chat, it will severely damage you chance of getting accepted.
  • You must be honest about the information you give in your application. If not, it damages you reliability and honesty.
  • You should be active on both the forum and on the server. It is not necessary to be active on the forum, but it certainly helps.
  • You should be familiar with one or more admins, so they can vouch for you. It is possible to get accepted without, but again, it certainly helps.
  • You should not immediately apply for admin when you filled the required amount of posts. Wait a few weeks longer before you make your move.
  • You should re- and re-reread you application. Don't take it lightly. Our admin team has a lot of responsibilities to bear. Try to think of this admin application like you would apply for a real world job. Little to no mistakes, a serious attitude and give us a good reason why you stand out of the rest.
  • You should have a strong backbone. Being an admin means you might get a lot of hate, especially on jailbreak. Don't say things that make you look weak. Show some backbone, show your strong point(s)!
  • You should be patient. Before you application get accepted, it usually takes a few weeks or more.
  • Take note that is much harder to apply for admin when you have a VAC-ban on your account.
  • Tip: Filling out reports on a regular base can quickly make you friends.
Next time, take those pointer I gave you into consideration. Maybe then you will actually stand a chance of being accepted and welcomed in our team.

Best of luck,

Malz

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
The fact you thought hacking was ever tolerated tells me you wrote this application ill prepared for what would come next. Malz also summarized pretty well. -Support

SMILES999 | blw.tf

Scarcely Lethal
This is going to be short:
  • Your application is rushed
  • You do not get into detail about your punishment
  • You are not very active on the forum
  • When you joined the forum you did a lot of unnecessary comments on different threads
  • You have a ban for !calladmin abuse.
For this application, I have to give you a -Support. The reasons are listed above.

With that all being said, I still do appreciate your dedication towards our community.

But if you really aim to become an admin in the future, you need to look out for those things:
  • You must know all the rules AND follow them accordingly.
  • You must good grasp of the English language (both spoken and written). Beware of grammar mistakes.
  • You must be able to act mature on both the forums and on the server. Nobody says anything against a little joking, but if you spam Lenny faces all over the chat, it will severely damage you chance of getting accepted.
  • You must be honest about the information you give in your application. If not, it damages you reliability and honesty.
  • You should be active on both the forum and on the server. It is not necessary to be active on the forum, but it certainly helps.
  • You should be familiar with one or more admins, so they can vouch for you. It is possible to get accepted without, but again, it certainly helps.
  • You should not immediately apply for admin when you filled the required amount of posts. Wait a few weeks longer before you make your move.
  • You should re- and re-reread you application. Don't take it lightly. Our admin team has a lot of responsibilities to bear. Try to think of this admin application like you would apply for a real world job. Little to no mistakes, a serious attitude and give us a good reason why you stand out of the rest.
  • You should have a strong backbone. Being an admin means you might get a lot of hate, especially on jailbreak. Don't say things that make you look weak. Show some backbone, show your strong point(s)!
  • You should be patient. Before you application get accepted, it usually takes a few weeks or more.
  • Take note that is much harder to apply for admin when you have a VAC-ban on your account.
  • Tip: Filling out reports on a regular base can quickly make you friends.
Next time, take those pointer I gave you into consideration. Maybe then you will actually stand a chance of being accepted and welcomed in our team.

Best of luck,

Malz
Thanks so much for the help. I will take this into consideration and try again in a while.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Do you want this application to be closed then and try another time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom