Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Oxi-moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Personal Information

Name
Hunter

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:178506929

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I play on most of the servers that interest me. Some examples would Include x20, x10 hale, x20 100% crit, x10, uberupgrades, stop that tank!.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
The bland and original answer was that I wanted to make the servers better than they were which is still a reason but now not my real reason. My real reason would be because I'm actively playing on tf2 and tend to have to deal with hackers and hate having to bother admins to complain about my problems when I could handle it myself. more lackluster reasons would include once the admins weren't responding for a day and most hackers were able to roam free and you could understand my frustration there if that were to happen again, another reason would be the hackers that are more aware and then turn off hacks when some one spectates them. and goes right back to hacking when they get away from admins (yes I've seen that happen) I also believe that even though I want to donate and love the donor perks it's not gonna be enough to help satisfy my need towards stopping the hackers.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Suicide and vaguely Wanka but I also plan to talk and grow with more admins.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I have the eastern standard time zone, I usually play at any time when I'm not using the bathroom, sleeping, taking small breaks, and sometimes eating. I'm available most of the week unless something comes up which is rare since I tend to shut myself from the outside world.
How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hackers are not tolerated in my book. I hate hackers for the fact I've played casual, I would insta-ban if I was the victim/witness of it in game but if I was summoned to deal with the "hacker" I would play and see if the hacker was truly a "hacker", Spammers would be either gagged/muted for 1 hour if I had to play with them, if I was summoned to deal with a "spammer" the result would be quite like dealing with a "hacker" which is innocent until proven guilty, simple rulebreakers would receive a warning in ADMIN: for a small rule break, the larger the rulebreak the harder the punishment.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
Like I stated in my last application (Which I deeply and sincerely apologize for again) I have sleep deprivation, I have a lot of family problems, I tend to over and under think things, I also am O.C.D and A.D.H.D, I also am planning to donate to the server when I get the money. I tend not to care what others think of me unless (like my old denied application displayed) I can care and blow outta proportion. I believe that my powerful trait is my ability to work as a team and my push to complete something nonstop with phenomenal success. I am a youtuber (34 subs at time of post), I take interest in trying to mess with hackers. If their is anything else you need to know ask and I will respond back A.S.A.P.
EDIT:6/27/17 Reason: make my application more descriptive

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Looks like something that could have been written in 5 minutes, I don't see any useful and interesting changes after your previous declined application, I also do not like your attitude and I think you don't really take criticism well.

-support

good luck

PD:
46fc6f6d84567d5ce9dc40ebaec648c5.png

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Looks like something that could have been written in 5 minutes, I don't see any useful and interesting changes after your previous declined application, I also do not like your attitude and I think you don't really take criticism well.

-support

good luck
That, and I don't believe Oxi can even handle objective facts at this point of time. I was hit with a dumb rating after not punishing a lowballer. His last app was like, 2.5 weeks ago and I would love to see him apply the received criticism instead of push out another app lightning fast. -soopert

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared

-support

good luck
I can't change your view on me but I ask for forgiveness for the first application was not who I truly am.
That, and I don't believe Oxi can even handle objective facts at this point of time. I was hit with a dumb rating after not punishing a lowballer. His last app was like, 2.5 weeks ago and I would love to see him apply the received criticism instead of push out another app lightning fast. -soopert
Again I also can't change your view and ask for forgiveness and sincerely apologize for my negative behavior personally towards you as it was not fair to treat you that way but I also want the worth of my apology to @Tomato Kat ☆ to mean no less as I would like to ask for a shot at redemption.
EDIT: @Tomato Kat ☆ What I'm saying is I want a shot to redeem myself to you and @Fish-Related Crimes so that I may make up for my terrible choice of words and behavior.

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I can't change your view on me but I ask for forgiveness for the first application was not who I truly am.

Again I also can't change your view and ask for forgiveness and sincerely apologize for my negative behavior personally towards you as it was not fair to treat you that way but I also want the worth of my apology to @Tomato Kat ☆ to mean no less as I would like to ask for a shot at redemption.

I don't want your apologies.
What I truly want is an improvement from your previous self and not applying again after two mere weeks.
This is just my opinion though, other admins might not agree with me.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
I don't want your apologies.
What I truly want is an improvement from your previous self and not applying again after two mere weeks.
This is just my opinion though, other admins might not agree with me.
ok if all does not go well I will take your advice to heart and see that it occurs if I do get denied, I agree that you are correct that it was very careless of me to try so early and will try harder to wait and as well as applying myself to be better.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
I can't change your view on me but I ask for forgiveness for the first application was not who I truly am
This isn't a church we're we ask a god for forgiveness. (Even tho Katze is kind of a god) This is a serious community we're you have to prove and show that you can take responsibility! Nonetheless I'm going
-Support for now

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
This isn't a church we're we ask a god for forgiveness. (Even tho Katze is kind of a god) This is a serious community we're you have to prove and show that you can take responsibility! Nonetheless I'm going
-Support for now
With all do respect I do own everyone an apology for my last application, that would also be me taking responsibility to the tragedy of what my old application was so I don't see how I'm not taking responsibility. Also I don't see why we had to bring religion into this.

EDIT: @Tomato Kat ☆ Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't most people rate his appeals dumb beside me?
http://i.imgur.com/PQ4xhu9.png
http://i.imgur.com/eROkWFl.png
So your point with displaying my dumb rating?

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Hello there Oxi, sorry about putting off replying to these applications, been busy playing Planetside over the weekend. Since I have some time I might as well do it now.

Right off the bat, I read your reason to become an admin, and once again, I was bored. You even said yourself it was bland. Why not make it sound so much nicer? I really don't want to read the same thing over and over again. This was even mentioned in your previous application, have we seen any improvements? No. You also haven't mentioned when you are actually available, we know your timezone and you take breaks to the bathroom. So what times are you actually available? Your answer is trying to be descriptive, but you have missed out the key piece of information.

With all in this mind though, I don't believe that you have actually improved that much from your previous application, and therefore I will be doing with -Support. Until I see a dramatic improvement, especially since you have a fairly recent ban, which was about 2 weeks ago. However, thank you for your application, and good luck!

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Hello there Oxi, sorry about putting off replying to these applications, been busy playing Planetside over the weekend. Since I have some time I might as well do it now.

Right off the bat, I read your reason to become an admin, and once again, I was bored. You even said yourself it was bland. Why not make it sound so much nicer? I really don't want to read the same thing over and over again. This was even mentioned in your previous application, have we seen any improvements? No. You also haven't mentioned when you are actually available, we know your timezone and you take breaks to the bathroom. So what times are you actually available? Your answer is trying to be descriptive, but you have missed out the key piece of information.

With all in this mind though, I don't believe that you have actually improved that much from your previous application, and therefore I will be doing with -Support. Until I see a dramatic improvement, especially since you have a fairly recent ban, which was about 2 weeks ago. However, thank you for your application, and good luck!
I will revise my application to be more descriptive as requested

EDIT: @Ben289 the changes have been made.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hey oxi, somehow i didn't know this admin app existed until i saw it by accident, and i thought that i must look at it...
Now, here are the things that i think are wrong with your admin app:

Let's start off with this:
I would insta-ban if I was the victim/witness of it in game but if I was summoned to deal with the "hacker" I would play and see if the hacker was truly a "hacker"

First of all, you did not use the correct format or steps in order to ban a hacker... you simply said that you will insta-ban him as soon as you see one...
Meanwhile, we all know that you first need to record a demo of the person CLEARLY hacking, THEN perma-ban him.
-----------------------------
Spammers would be either gagged/muted for 1 hour if I had to play with them, if I was summoned to deal with a "spammer" the result would be quite like dealing with a "hacker" which is innocent until proven guilty

Excuse me? """"
gaged/muted for 1 hour if i had to play with them """"
Wait, what does that mean?
All i can understand from this is that every single mic/text chat rule breaker will be gaged/muted for 1 hour, no matter how many times he has been muted or gaged before...
and... "if i had to play with them"?
What does that part even mean?
I could only assume that, if you were in the server at the time where someone mic/text chat spam or being racist or watever, you would punish him for only 1 hour...
so, does that mean he will be punished even more if you didn't ""
had to play with them ""?

This part, is VERY confusing...
I am a youtuber (34 subs at time of post)

34 subs is not being called a ""Youtuber""
Nor this is an ""
information you might think is useful for us to know ""
I also am planning to donate to the server when I get the money.
This too isn't some useful information to us in anyway whatsoever...
in fact this might be misunderstood in a way that it seems like you are bribing us, even tho this is not your intention, it simply looks or seems that way.
If you plan to donate, share it with others, no problem!,
BUT don't put it in your admin application ._.

The Neutrals:
1) Knows 3 admins.

In @my name alex 's admin application, you mentioned how knowing 3 admins is a "" neutral "" thing.
Obviously it isn't, it doesn't matter how many admins you know in order for your admin application to be accepted.
And i noticed that, you tried to avoid others saying how it's a ""bad"" or a ""neutral"" fact that you know 2 admins, by mentioning that you still want to know other admins and talk to them.

My point is, if i tried to judge you by your own logic, and how 3 admins is a "neutral" thing... well then...
In your admin app you stated that you know suicide, and VAGUELY know wanka...
Again, by your own logic, i would consider this as a "
Con" or a " -support " sort of thing, because you know LESS admins.

That concludes everything wrong i can think of in your admin application...
##################
Now, to the next part, your "" attitude ""
I also do not like your attitude

It is true that your attitude seems to be one of the biggest issue around here.
Here's why...
In the **
Your fight music ** thread you basically dumb rated the music/song that other people shared, that YOU didn't like, even tho you asked for it.
When i saw your last reply on that thread, i didn't even bother to reply to it, because i knew it was going to be a waste of my time...
However, now that you made your admin application, i think this should be brought up again.

You said:
I was as well joking, also even if I wasn't how was going on an argument better than me rating a meme song dumb? Overall it just seemed hypocritical but yet I'll "apologize". And even if I wasn't apologizing what gives me no right to what I feel is dumb and isn't? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...Right? Also I only rated your post dumb. The mobile site was really laggy, glitched, and would actually rate someone else's post instead of the one I wanted. Never the less I'm sorry for actually having my own opinion and having the right to rate freely, I'll try to rate with less freedom if that makes you happy.
EDIT: I was gonna remove the rating but it seems you already have...WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ARGUING WITH ME THEN?!?!!?? You could have easily just dmed me "Hey don't falsely award players with ratings."

There are a lots of wrong things in this reply that i think reflect your ""attitude""
Let's start with the first part...

I was as well joking, also even if I wasn't how was going on an argument better than me rating a meme song dumb?

I really don't get how calling someone "dumb" could be joking unless you are a best friend with him, or you put a sarcastic tone in your message, however because this is a ""Rating"" you can't use that excuse, because the rate is simply just called ""Dumb""

The second most important thing is that you DON'T ALWAYS HAVE to argue or comment or REACT to everything.
And how else were you gonna rate a meme song? oh idk man, seems like you rated suicide's totally not meme/joke song a funny rating...
I'm not simply upset that this happened to me, but you also did the same thing to several others...
e.g @Console you still have a dislike on his actual legit doom 3 song, yet you simply ""Dislike it""
You simply don't have the right to dislike it because you ASKED for it, this is common sense... (IN THIS SORT OF SCENARIO)
However you just went ahead, with your opinion, and didn't expect others to criticize it...
Your ratings don't make sense...
Overall it just seemed hypocritical but yet I'll "apologize".

And no, i don't want your ""Apologies"" i simply wanted to let you understand how your ""ratings"" don't make sense in anyway whatsoever.

And even if I wasn't apologizing what gives me no right to what I feel is dumb and isn't?

You have all the right to think whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that other people can't criticize your opinion as well, and then you have 3 options...
1- Agree with them.
2- Disagree with them.
3- Stay neutral with their criticism.
--
In this scenario, you disagreed with my criticism(which is fine), but then you made it even worse...
Never the less I'm sorry for actually having my own opinion and having the right to rate freely, I'll try to rate with less freedom if that makes you happy.

You made it seem like i'm forcing you to have a specific opinion, or not have an opinion at all, and that just feels like you are putting words in my mouth...
I was simply calling you out, trying to understand why the hell did you do such an illogical thing.

Last but not least...
EDIT: I was gonna remove the rating but it seems you already have...WHAT WAS THE POINT OF ARGUING WITH ME THEN?!?!!?? You could have easily just dmed me "Hey don't falsely award players with ratings."

The point is to make you understand that what you are doing is wrong, you can't just falsely rate people for something they don't deserve...
I could have dmed you, but i figured that this was not the first time that this happened, thus i thought that i had to make others notice it.
I understand that ratings that you receive usually don't mean jack shit about your reputation, but when some new player goes to your profile and sees that you have a lots of negative ratings, he's gonna have a bad idea about you, meanwhile he won't know if these negative ratings are legit or not.
You could have simply avoided all of that if you tried to enjoy or understand the joke, instead of having a closed mind and falsely rating me and others "Dumb" or "Dislike"

I personally think that ratings also reflect the person's personality, not the person who receives them, but like in your case the person who sent those ratings.
If you're going to falsely rate people on the forums, i wonder what will you do in-game?

##################
OVERALL, if you didn't notice already, it's a solid
-Support for me.
I personally don't think i want to see someone like you in the admin team...

Thanks for your time!
Edit: This is probably the biggest admin app reply i have written in my life, and the longest i had to use my time on... took me like 30 mins or something, to try and make my message clear.
i hope it was worth it...

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
You're a giant hypocrite. You shit post. You show little self control. Wolf pointed out a bunch of stuff. I might add in some giant long response as well later on if more material is needed. -Support

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Hey oxi, somehow i didn't know this admin app existed until i saw it by accident, and i thought that i must look at it...
Now, here are the things that i think are wrong with your admin app:

Let's start off with this:

First of all, you did not use the correct format or steps in order to ban a hacker... you simply said that you will insta-ban him as soon as you see one...
Meanwhile, we all know that you first need to record a demo of the person CLEARLY hacking, THEN perma-ban him.

Excuse me? """"
gaged/muted for 1 hour if i had to play with them """"
Wait, what does that mean?
All i can understand from this is that every single mic/text chat rule breaker will be gaged/muted for 1 hour, no matter how many times he has been muted or gaged before...
and... "if i had to play with them"?
What does that part even mean?
I could only assume that, if you were in the server at the time where someone mic/text chat spam or being racist or watever, you would punish him for only 1 hour...
so, does that mean he will be punished even more if you didn't ""
had to play with them ""?

This part, is VERY confusing...

34 subs is not being called a ""Youtuber""
Nor this is an ""
information you might think is useful for us to know ""

This too isn't some useful information to us in anyway whatsoever...
in fact this might be misunderstood in a way that it seems like you are bribing us, even tho this is not your intention, it simply looks or seems that way.
If you plan to donate, share it with others, no problem!,
BUT don't put it in your admin application ._.

In @my name alex 's admin application, you mentioned how knowing 3 admins is a "" neutral "" thing.
Obviously it isn't, it doesn't matter how many admins you know in order for your admin application to be accepted.
And i noticed that, you tried to avoid others saying how it's a ""bad"" or a ""neutral"" fact that you know 2 admins, by mentioning that you still want to know other admins and talk to them.

My point is, if i tried to judge you by your own logic, and how 3 admins is a "neutral" thing... well then...
In your admin app you stated that you know suicide, and VAGUELY know wanka...
Again, by your own logic, i would consider this as a "
Con" or a " -support " sort of thing, because you know LESS admins.

That concludes everything wrong i can think of in your admin application...
##################
Now, to the next part, your "" attitude ""

It is true that your attitude seems to be one of the biggest issue around here.
Here's why...
In the **
Your fight music ** thread you basically dumb rated the music/song that other people shared, that YOU didn't like, even tho you asked for it.
When i saw your last reply on that thread, i didn't even bother to reply to it, because i knew it was going to be a waste of my time...
However, now that you made your admin application, i think this should be brought up again.

You said:

There are a lots of wrong things in this reply that i think reflect your ""attitude""
Let's start with the first part...

I really don't get how calling someone "dumb" could be joking unless you are a best friend with him, or you put a sarcastic tone in your message, however because this is a ""Rating"" you can't use that excuse, because the rate is simply just called ""Dumb""

The second most important thing is that you DON'T ALWAYS HAVE to argue or comment or REACT to everything.
And how else were you gonna rate a meme song? oh idk man, seems like you rated suicide's totally not meme/joke song a funny rating...
I'm not simply upset that this happened to me, but you also did the same thing to several others...
e.g @Console you still have a dislike on his actual legit doom 3 song, yet you simply ""Dislike it""
You simply don't have the right to dislike it because you ASKED for it, this is common sense... (IN THIS SORT OF SCENARIO)
However you just went ahead, with your opinion, and didn't expect others to criticize it...
Your ratings don't make sense...

And no, i don't want your ""Apologies"" i simply wanted to let you understand how your ""ratings"" don't make sense in anyway whatsoever.

You have all the right to think whatever you want, but that doesn't mean that other people can't criticize your opinion as well, and then you have 3 options...
1- Agree with them.
2- Disagree with them.
3- Stay neutral with their criticism.
--
In this scenario, you disagreed with my criticism(which is fine), but then you made it even worse...

You made it seem like i'm forcing you to have a specific opinion, or not have an opinion at all, and that just feels like you are putting words in my mouth...
I was simply calling you out, trying to understand why the hell did you do such an illogical thing.

Last but not least...

The point is to make you understand that what you are doing is wrong, you can't just falsely rate people for something they don't deserve...
I could have dmed you, but i figured that this was not the first time that this happened, thus i thought that i had to make others notice it.
I understand that ratings that you receive usually don't mean jack shit about your reputation, but when some new player goes to your profile and sees that you have a lots of negative ratings, he's gonna have a bad idea about you, meanwhile he won't know if these negative ratings are legit or not.
You could have simply avoided all of that if you tried to enjoy or understand the joke, instead of having a closed mind and falsely rating me and others "Dumb" or "Dislike"

I personally think that ratings also reflect the person's personality, not the person who receives them, but like in your case the person who sent those ratings.
If you're going to falsely rate people on the forums, i wonder what will you do in-game?

##################
OVERALL, if you didn't notice already, it's a solid
-Support for me.
I personally don't think i want to see someone like you in the admin team...

Thanks for your time!
Edit: This is probably the biggest admin app reply i have written in my life, and the longest i had to use my time on... took me like 30 mins or something, to try and make my message clear.
i hope it was worth it...
Personally I agree with everything you said, I am a shitty person and my application does seem quite rushed. I agree that how I reacted was a terrible and shitty way to react and also agree that it makes me look the worst. However, I do think the rating system is quite broken in the case of it have effects on people and as well as be neutral/and or be good but then it gets down to where they are simple emotes that I don't even know what kinda of importance they could have in such an important system. For example the "poop" emoji, what's the point? The only point I see in it is using it on my garbage posts and regardless that's also a purpose that the dumb rating is for.

My attitude isn't the greatest and I do understand that. I take full credit and actually agree 100% here. But I must also say I'm working on it and am trying to become more of a nicer and more intelligent and more appropriate role for admin. that's mostly all I can say here.

I also admit I wasn't clear on my micspammer punishment and will fix that.
You're a giant hypocrite. You shit post. You show little self control. Wolf pointed out a bunch of stuff. I might add in some giant long response as well later on if more material is needed. -Support
http://i.imgur.com/RmUZreS.png
The only thing I could agree with you on which I'm also trying to fix is the little self control.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Personally I agree with everything you said, I am a shitty person and my application does seem quite rushed. I agree that how I reacted was a terrible and shitty way to react and also agree that it makes me look the worst. However, I do think the rating system is quite broken in the case of it have effects on people and as well as be neutral/and or be good but then it gets down to where they are simple emotes that I don't even know what kinda of importance they could have in such an important system. For example the "poop" emoji, what's the point? The only point I see in it is using it on my garbage posts and regardless that's also a purpose that the dumb rating is for.

My attitude isn't the greatest and I do understand that. I take full credit and actually agree 100% here. But I must also say I'm working on it and am trying to become more of a nicer and more intelligent and more appropriate role for admin. that's mostly all I can say here.

I also admit I wasn't clear on my micspammer punishment and will fix that.

http://i.imgur.com/RmUZreS.png
The only thing I could agree with you on which I'm also trying to fix is the little self control.
Why not fix your attitude before making an app? I don't understand lol. You've also embarrassed yourself trying to say that Jim shitposts, but those weren't even posts? Those were a member title and a signature respectively. I can see you still have much work to do.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
For example the "poop" emoji, what's the point? The only point I see in it is using it on my garbage posts and regardless that's also a purpose that the dumb rating is for.

Just to make things clear, the "Dumb" rating is a "
Negative" rating.
Meanwhile the "Poop" rating is a "
Neutral" rating

But then again, it's all about how will you properly use these ratings, because even tho a "Poop" is "
Neutral" it could be used as an insult or a disrespectful thing...

e.g... A really active, friendly, lovable admin or player that is known in the community just happens to say that he won't be active anymore for some real-life reasons in a properly made thread, for example in the off-topic section...

If you "Poop" rated him it would be disrespectful, even tho it;s a "Neutral" rating, the way you used it will make people hate you or dislike you, stay away from you as much as they can.

But then again, this is a simple example...
The main point is... It depends on how you properly use the ratings, maybe sometimes being silent is the best option...

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Not going to go in-depth about your issues as everyone else has done it for me and highlighted them, but the problems I have with you are:

- Your inability to improve your attitude. As you said, you believe yourself to be a shitty person with a not-so-great attitude. Should've improved on that before making the admin application.

- You're a hypocrite, as others have explained. Refer to other replies.

- Your last application was made less than a month ago. This suggests to me that you are impatient.

- We only vaguely know each other cause we bashed the shit out of one another on Discord because of a London Bridge joke. I would only count someone knowing of me if we were to regularly talk or interact on the servers. At this point in time, I'm not terribly interested in doing that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

- Again, the punishment section is disorganised, at least from my point of view. You should keep the description of them short, sweet and separated like this list I'm making. Otherwise, it just looks like a hastily clumped together pile of text that isn't pretty to look at.

Firm -support. Improve on these issues before making another application.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello Hunter, I hope you are having a wonderful day and that the flowers smell just splendid. The admin team has discussed you application at length, resulting in several concerns. Your responses here have been troubling (namely, the latest reply to @Jim ) and others including:

Personally I agree with everything you said, I am a shitty person and my application does seem quite rushed. I agree that how I reacted was a terrible and shitty way to react and also agree that it makes me look the worst.

While we appreciate your candor here, the fact that this is a reality by your own admission, makes it more difficult to consider you. Lastly, your apparent propensity to argue when presented with criticism (see above responses to other replies) confirms that you are not yet ready to be an admin.

We look forward to you working on these opportunities for improvement and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom