Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
The Railbait comms tomato listed above should be considered by everyone invalid unless it's over a day so only that one block in April which is reasonless so GG Railbait. You're chill and seem trustworthy enough but that report against you is no bueno. It was two months ago which is about the time where things like that should start being put in the past but when applying for admin we can't have any of that. The whole smoking story doesn't help you either. Inhaling drugs isn't a reason for spamming. Punishments look fine other than why ammo glitching is in blue text I don't get. I can't support you but will not campaign against you. Good Luck!

Also, BEEP BEEP
don't try to "be a sheep"

Overkill

a byte
The Railbait comms tomato listed above should be considered by everyone invalid unless it's over a day so only that one block in April which is reasonless so GG Railbait. You're chill and seem trustworthy enough but that report against you is no bueno. It was two months ago which is about the time where things like that should start being put in the past but when applying for admin we can't have any of that. The whole smoking story doesn't help you either. Inhaling drugs isn't a reason for spamming. Punishments look fine other than why ammo glitching is in blue text I don't get. I can't support you but will not campaign against you. Good Luck!

Also, BEEP BEEP
Hey Jim, how's it going (don't answer that)? Anyways, I just wanted to reply to your unbiased comment. Everything you say is true and the report is "no bueno". As I've said before, everyone has a different opinion and I don't judge anyone for saying their mind. All I want people to know is that I have stopped since it seemed immature in the past and I hope you guys can overlook my errors. On another note, Ammo Glitching isn't as harsh as other punishments because most who do it aren't aware they are glitching it (In my experience, whenever I ammo glitched, which was probably like 2 times total, I either told the admin I had ammo glitched and they simply just kicked me and told me to rejoin or I just left to another BlackWonder server), which is why It is blue (a "soft" color"). If you need me to explain anything else, I gladly will.

Nonetheless, Thanks for replying to the app Jim and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Reactions: Jim

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
A lot of effort has clearly been put into both the application itself and the clarifying responses to others' concerns, which is a massive plus for me. Seems to know their way around good admin conduct, our current jailbreak rules, and the importance of recorded evidence and warnings.

Completely understands how receiving punishments jeopardizes an applicant's chances, yet the fact that they're there in the first place isn't great.

Advertising other servers has never been an offense here, which could very easily have been checked in any of the rule pages, and spamming unsolicited advertisements is only punishable because of the spam itself.

I think overkill could be a good member of the team if he proves he can drop the soundboard spam entirely and becomes slightly more acquainted with our jailbreak rules.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I'm changing my vote to Neutral after seeing his replies towards the admin team, however I think the applicant should try again in two months or so, after getting known within the community and fixing his punishments, etc.

Overkill

a byte
A lot of effort has clearly been put into both the application itself and the clarifying responses to others' concerns, which is a massive plus for me. Seems to know their way around good admin conduct, our current jailbreak rules, and the importance of recorded evidence and warnings.

Completely understands how receiving punishments jeopardizes an applicant's chances, yet the fact that they're there in the first place isn't great.

Advertising other servers has never been an offense here, which could very easily have been checked in any of the rule pages, and spamming unsolicited advertisements is only punishable because of the spam itself.

I think overkill could be a good member of the team if he proves he can drop the soundboard spam entirely and becomes slightly more acquainted with our jailbreak rules.

Hey Viking, thanks for commenting on my application. I deeply appreciate the kind words and I promise I will try to acquaint myself better with the rules. I'm not gonna lie, I still have trouble when deciding which punishments to give because there are usually many factors with every problem. I find myself coming back to the rules every now and then when something isn't clear to me (mainly warden problems). I know advertising other servers isn't an offense, I tried to incorporate it with spamming in general. But It would be annoying when someone comes on the server saying "JOIN INSERTSERVERNAMEHERE.TF AND PLAY ON OUR AWESOME JAILBREAK SERVERS!!!" (even sounds annoying when it's just an example) like 50 times throughout the round. I was just trying to be a bit specific.

Anyhow, thanks again for the reply Viking, and I'll be trying my hardest to prove to you and all the other admins that I can be a benefit to the team rather than a nuisance. As always, have a good night.

Overkill

a byte
I'm changing my vote to Neutral after seeing his replies towards the admin team, however I think the applicant should try again in two months or so, after getting known within the community and fixing his punishments, etc.

Thank you Tomato Kat for the change of heart. I do agree with you that I'm not as well known as others in the community, and I do agree with you that the application might have been a bit to soon. As I've said before, even if I don't get it now, I'll be trying to improve my activity and my understanding of the punishments better, everyday. I'm confident that I can be great help to the team.

Nonetheless, Thanks again for replying and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the night.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hey, I wish I could write a longer response but the beach is calling.
I hate a lot of things
From being a micspammer yourself to hating people who break rules is a steep change. This is something that I didn't like and hasn't really been pointed out so far. As an admin you don't have to hate rule breakers, that just makes you biased in every situation you have to judge people who have been accused of breaking the rules. You should never make punishing a personal matter.
I strive everyday to become better than before.
I appreciate that you clarify things like "I don't want to become an admin for fame or power". This shows that you're down to Earth but on the other hand some of the things you say are just too dreamy. "I strive to do X and Y and I improve myself everyday" speeches sound fake to me because of all the fake people who say them.

Don't worry about your punishments, they're fine, it doesn't matter too much that you're not spot-on. You tried to do your research and that's what matters, that you put time and effort into learning the basics just by reading and watching. If you get accepted we'll tell you everything, you can ask us about anything and if you mess up then we'll talk your mistake over and fix it together. This goes for anything admin related.
When I'm "out of it" (stoned), I become immature and dumb.
I'll accept that the story is true, because why not. But please don't try to imply that it was the weed's fault. Sure, you might have felt different to normal, especially because you weren't used to it. But weed didn't make you do any of that stuff. It was just you trying to have fun by micspamming and saying whatever you said. Again, don't want to bash you, I just want to be real.

For now I'll give you a big, fat, orange Neutral.

Last edited:

Overkill

a byte
Hey, I wish I could write a longer response but the beach is calling.

From being a micspammer yourself to hating people who break rules is a steep change. This is something that I didn't like and hasn't really been pointed out so far. As an admin you don't have to hate rule breakers, that just makes you biased in every situation you have to judge people who have been accused of breaking the rules. You should never make punishing a personal matter.

I appreciate that you clarify things like "I don't want to become an admin for fame or power". This shows that you're down to Earth but on the other hand some of the things you say are just too dreamy. "I strive to do X and Y and I improve myself everyday" speeches sound fake to me because of all the fake people who say them.

Don't worry about your punishments, they're fine, it doesn't matter too much that you're not spot-on. You tried to do your research and that's what matters, that you put time and effort into learning the basics just by reading and watching. If you get accepted we'll tell you everything, you can ask us about anything and if you mess up then we'll talk your mistake over and fix it together. This goes for anything admin related.

I'll accept that the story is true, because why not. But please don't try to imply that it was the weed's fault. Sure, you might have felt different to normal, especially because you weren't used to it. But weed didn't make you do any of that stuff. It was just you trying to have fun by mic spamming and saying whatever you said. Again, don't want to bash you, I just want to be real.

For now I'll give you a big, fat, orange Neutral.

Hey Buster, hope you're having a great day. BTW, the beach is one of my favorite places, so I hope you have a blast. Thank you so much for replying to my application, It means a lot to me. Everything you say is accurate, and I absolutely appreciate the honesty. I'm just wanted to respond to a few things you've said.

Maybe I was being a bit too melodramatic when I said "I hate a lot of things". However, Its true that rule breakers usually break rules because they are intentionally trying to harm the server and BlackWonder as a whole, despite them "just having fun". The fact that I used to be a mic spammer and that I now, in turn, "hate it" seems sketchy and hypocritical. Hate might not be the right word, but what I'm trying to say is that every situation is different, and anyone who breaks the rules deserves punishment. Is there any other reason why a hacker would be hacking? "I was just testing out the admins response time". Rules are set as stone, not rubber where it can be bent or broken. That's what I'm trying to say. My intent is real, and I know better than to bring personal matters into punishments. I just want to make BlackWonder a safe and fun place, and I'm always forgiving to those who might have done things by accident. I just hate "intentional rule breakers". I hope that cleared up some stuff.

I know when I say I'm trying to become better is all talk, but I'm really trying to become better, with my actions. I know it takes time and I'm in no rush. I want to show everyone that everything I say, I mean it. I want to prove to you guys that I can do good. Also thank you for the insight, even if I don't get accepted I won't stop asking questions.

I'll accept that the story is true, because why not. But please don't try to imply that it was the weed's fault. Sure, you might have felt different to normal, especially because you weren't used to it. But weed didn't make you do any of that stuff. It was just you trying to have fun by micspamming and saying whatever you said. Again, don't want to bash you, I just want to be real.

You may be right. Maybe that was the reason why. But I never say stuff like that on a daily basis. It was a one time thing and only that. Like I've said before, take it how you like. This is something that happened and I will have to live with. I just hope you guys can overlook the mistakes. As always, thank you for the brutal honesty, I appreciate it.

Overall, I hope I've clarified as much as I could. Thank you for taking the time to comment on the app and I hope you have a wonderful rest of the day. If you have any other questions about anything you can ask them here.

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
A lot of effort has clearly been put into both the application itself and the clarifying responses to others' concerns, which is a massive plus for me.

Just like viking said, the fact that not only your app looks good, but even the fact that you responded to questions or criticism in your admin app is outstanding!

And now that i'v read the whole comment section, there is just a lot of things to look thro, a lot of opinions to think about.
So, i'll try to keep things simple.

• I like your app, i LOVE the fact that you responded to questions and criticism in your app.

• One thing for sure is that your forums activity has to increase if you want to have a good chance to be accepted.

• I feel that it is just unfortunate that cammy linked those mutes before your admin app was even completed in the first place, because then it would be ten times more convincing than it already is.

• Lucas pointed out something important which is "Think for yourself" when you do the punishments, which is something very important that you'll need as an admin, ONE thing tho that i think is worth mentioning, which is that after you ban/gag/mute someone you'll have to go back to sourcebans and look at their history of bans/mutes/gags, and then edit the duration of the current active ban/mute/gag depending on if the person deserves the current duration or not, should the duration be decreased? increased? or is the current duration good and reasonable as it is?

• The only negative area that i can see or consider to be negative is about your mutes, and your forums activity.

So far i'm going to go with Neutral, If things go well and your forums activity is improved, only then it's a +support for me.
Good luck with your admin app :)

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Due to his very respectful responses to criticism, and after spending some time with him, I personally believe he's reformed.

I'm going to obviously say the generic 'lacking forum activity' but that isn't a huge downside in my eyes at least.

I agree with basically everything @2010wolf | Blw.tf said and I don't want to plagiarize it, but after spending some time with you, going to be a +Support from me.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Alright, i'll keep it very short. -support
With all the micspamming bans and not known on the forums for your good reports or activity

What?
upload_2017-8-28_16-32-43.png
Sufficent enought for me, and his bans (and inappropiate attitude sometimes) can been easily overseen if you consider his ability to take and adapt to critisism.

Best hopes for you @Overkill

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-28_16-31-55.png
    upload_2017-8-28_16-31-55.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 282

Overkill

a byte
Just like viking said, the fact that not only your app looks good, but even the fact that you responded to questions or criticism in your admin app is outstanding!

And now that i'v read the whole comment section, there is just a of things to look thro, a lot of opinions to think about.
So, i'll try to keep things simple.

• I like your app, i LOVE the fact that you responded to questions and criticism in your app.

• One thing for sure is that your forums activity has to increase if you want to have a good chance to be accepted.

• I feel that it is just unfortunate that cammy linked those mutes before your admin app was even completed in the first place, because then it would be ten times more convincing than it already is.

• Lucas pointed out something important which is "Think for yourself" when you do the punishments, which is something very important that you'll need as an admin, ONE thing tho that i think is worth mentioning, which is that after you ban/gag/mute someone you'll have to go back to sourcebans and look at their history of bans/mutes/gags, and then edit the duration of the current active ban/mute/gag depending on if the person deserves the current duration or not, should the duration be decreased? increased? or is the current duration good and reasonable as it is?

• The only negative area that i can see or consider to be negative is about your mutes, and your forums activity.

So far i'm going to go with Neutral, If things go well and your forums activity is improved, only then it's a +support for me.
Good luck with your admin app :)

Hey Wolf, Thanks for replying to the app, it means a lot to me. Just wanted to respond to a few things you've said.

Note: Thank you for the kind words. Responding back and taking criticism comes natural to me, as I've applied it to my life as well. Now for the other things you've mentioned...

One thing for sure is that your forums activity has to increase if you want to have a good chance to be accepted.

Everything you've said is absolutely true, starting with the forum activity. I've been working hard every week, almost going on the forums everyday for at least an hour or more (an hour spread throughout the day). Its actually been really fun, responding to post here and there, making reports to help out the server, etc. I'm going to continue to be an active member, because ever since day one, I've seen that activity is taken seriously and I currently understand that very well.

I feel that it is just unfortunate that cammy linked those mutes before your admin app was even completed in the first place, because then it would be ten times more convincing than it already is.

It is unfortunate. Can't blame you if you don't find parts of the app convincing enough. I tried to clarify lots of stuff, and Cammy linking the mutes was very helpful to the application. As I've said before, that's a part of my past and I hope you could overlook it. I found it childish when I look back at my mutes and all, so I stopped it all-together.

Lucas pointed out something important which is "Think for yourself" when you do the punishments, which is something very important that you'll need as an admin, ONE thing tho that i think is worth mentioning, which is that after you ban/gag/mute someone you'll have to go back to sourcebans and look at their history of bans/mutes/gags, and then edit the duration of the current active ban/mute/gag depending on if the person deserves the current duration or not, should the duration be decreased? increased? or is the current duration good and reasonable as it is?

All the staff that responded were extremely beneficial to me. One of the biggest questions that people ask me + that I see myself are: the punishments. After seeing many responses, I'll be clarifying most of them very soon. Thank you for mentioning the increase/decrease based on sourcebans. I did know this before, and I thought originally It would be invisibly clear in my app that value increases based on previous punishments. I didn't place any ratio (for ex. 30 Minutes>60 Minutes>120 Minutes, etc.) because I thought It would consume the rules to much with all the numbers flying around (basically, I tried making the rules easier to understand). I am already fully aware about it + confident enough to make a decision to either increase or decrease the duration based on sourcebans.

Overall, I'll be trying to increase my activity exponentially and clarify on some punishments since its necessary. Thanks again for replying Wolf. As always, have a great rest of the day.

[UPDATE]: Edited punishment section based on @2010wolf | Blw.tf response + other admins request for clearer punishments.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i'll agree with wolf on this you've shown yourself mature in replying to people and act mature in doing so when replying to criticism also. forum activity seems steady to me also i'll go NEUTRAL leaning towards +SUPPORT

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
The fact that you're taking your time with these replies is unbelievable. You have a great attitude, you're becoming more active, and your applications isn't half bad.
+Support for now.

Good luck!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy,

I hope you are having a wonderful day. However, I see you are in NY, so the weather is probably utter garbage and depressing outside.

I want to say that some of us had some reservations given your comm blocks. However, you spent more time than any other applicant discussing it without trying to explain your way out of responsibility. So kudos for that.

I will still be trying to be more friendly and well-known to the admins and community as a whole, and will continue to follow the rules that are laid out for me as the donor/member I am now.
I believe your incredibly high and mostly beneficial forum activity supports this comment.

Your ridiculously thorough responses and openness for correction will make for a positive contribution to the team. On behalf of the admin team, congratulations and welcome to the team.

Overkill

a byte
I first want to thank the entire Staff for accepting me into their team. I'm looking forward to working with you all and being a big help to the team. I also want to thank all the members who had faith in me, and for the friendly comments telling me to stay strong! Thank you everyone!

Sincerely, Overkill

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom