Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Lulboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Member Name Lulboy

Name Lolboy, Lulboy

Contact Information

Your Age 18

Location Netherlands, Noord-Holland

Your SteamID STEAM_0:1:87788344

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? Two Garry's Mod servers which has been 1.5 to 2 years ago;
One TFDB server called AKOD.

All of these unfortunately died, even after one of the Garry's Mod servers got revived, and died off again due to lack of an active player base.

Why do you want to become an admin? Because I like to be able to help. As of now, I have Donator rank, which has additional commands such as the Vote commands, to deal with several situations for a short time. As much as this helps, it's temporary. And people can either wait it out or rejoin the server to cancel these.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Benedevil, Miyuki, Viking, 2010Wolf, Noodl, Surny, Baumion, Buster.

I've probably met/talked to a few others but I can't remember who else.

A few of the listed staff members are ones I know, but not often speak to as I'd like.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. As of now, I have a lot of spare time, so I am online pretty much every day between 1 to 11 pm GMT +1

On what servers do you usually play? The VSH Servers, Death Run and I also hop on Mario Kart once in a while.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I have quite a high tolerance for a lot of things. But I know when and where to draw the line of 'going too far'.
I like having fun, like many others. At times I like to joke around, but I only do this when I know I can. I try not to offend anyone.

If any questions remain unanswered from what I was able to fill in, please ask them. I'd happily answer them.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Punishments for hackers:
An instant ban, with either a demo with sufficient proof, or recording a video.

Punishments for spammers:
1-3 Warnings, depending on how bad it is
I personally don't feel the need to ban someone who's been spamming in voice/chat. The only case it would fit is when there's racism, or swearing with certain deceases involved.

Punishments for simple rule breakers:
1-3 Warnings, depending on how bad it is;
1-3 Kicks, again depending on how bad it is;
A temporary ban starting from 30 minutes to an hour, increasing the time if been banned for the same reason.

Last edited:

Dawnstar

Spectacularly Lethal

Dawn

Nice looking app.
I'll rate it :

Pro's :
-A lot of time and effort put into the app
-familiar with admin commends
-Manged 2 servers
-Is online a lot
-Good grammar

Cons :
-Isn't that much active on forums

I hadn't play with you yet,but you have a really good app,so you have my +Support

P.S - Your name in real life is lolboy lulboy? Good to know.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Although I don't know Lulboy quite as well as some of the others, I do know that he would be a great asset, simply by virtue of his friendly and mature behaviour when I do speak or play with him. I don't want to say that his greatest feature is simply 'being an adult', but uh, that's really one of the only things you need in order to manage players and issue punishments in a fair manner...

And to speak directly to you; I had the same kinds of punishment policies at first, but quickly learned that warnings/kicks don't really do anything at all, so I wouldn't give out more than one at most. But you'll find out for yourself what works:fox:

Last edited:

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

And to speak directly to you; I had the same kinds of punishment policies at first, but quickly learned that warnings/kicks don't really do anything at all, so I wouldn't give out more than one at most. But you'll find out for yourself what works:fox:
I know this, but it looks nicer in an app. I had the same when I was moderating the TFDB server, warnings are sometimes useless.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I normally don't reply to admin applications anymore untill they are up for a while but I want to give my +support quickly before you get accepted already.

You are very active around, helpfull, friendly, fun to play with and talk to. You help us out when we are in need to test something or when I fail my Dutch2English.

Goodluck. x

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

No point in me typing all the reasons above again. So I will give you a +support

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
All I can do is back up Viking's concerns on how lenient you are. 1-3 warnings is VERY tolerable of people who won't listen. I only give one warning then anyone who makes the offence after that is punished. I guess I could also comment on the lack of activity, but those are the only two cons which certainly don't outweigh all the pros.

However, I haven't seen much activity in-game and therefore I'm not entirely sure how you act. I'm going to go Neutral, but if I don't comment anything new by the time the application comes to be accepted or denied, count my vote as a +Support.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I would do a full review, but it is late and I am lazy right now. So I will shorten it:

Disclaimer: Since I do not know you ingame, I will only rate the app and everything around it

Pros:
+ You put effort in your application
+ You English is very good
+ You have experience being an admin/moderator
-> therefore also familiar with the commands
+ You seem to be a rational and mature person
+ Seems to know a lot of our staff member (and already got the support of two)
+ You are active on our server
+ You help out other admins, regardless of whether ingame or outgame
+ No bans or comm blocks.

Cons:
- Not very active on the forums. You may be very active on our server, but I still advise you to at least visit the forums a few times a week

As you may be, the pros outweigh the cons. At this point I am more than willing to give you my +Support!

Looking forward working with you!

K. Thx. Bay.

Malz

Lolboy

Nolifer Extraordinaire

Lolboy

Cons:
- Not very active on the forums. You may be very active on our server, but I still advise you to at least visit the forums a few times a week
Yes I know this. I would like to be more active. But at the same time, I like to post more in more quality than quantity. And aside from that, I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Heff

Somewhat Threatening

heff

Haven't really played with him but seems like a nice and friendly person. (at least on the shoutbox)

Application seems good as well.

Wolfi

Truly Feared
Shut up and take my +SUPPORT.
Stop using this format, it isn't a very good way to put in forum admin applications, this is when you become mature and put reason and explain yourself

All the reasons have been stated above +Support

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
gives benedevil unusuals +support
lol rly tho, i'v talked to you a couple of times... and well, i think it won't be a bad idea for you to become an admin.

As well as you haven't broke any rules or at least purposely, as well as you try to prevent rule breaking and punishing players with your donor powers, which is always nice.

Overall, the app is great and worthy of being accepted.

Good luck
(-support)^2

yes that means it's +support^2, wow go kill my self.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Oi lulboy. I'm awaiting your help on Deathrun.
Also, although warnings are sometimes useless against people who are really immature or don't speak English, they are necessary and they work at least for me like half of the time. (sm_psay spam is 2gud)
When someone doesn't understand to use !drtoggle kicks usually do the job fine too. Anyway, Good luck!

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I've known you for such a long time now and the application overall is really good. I'm happy to have you on the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom