Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from hey ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey ya

Dark Elf
Personal Information

Name
Removed

Your Age
Removed

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:58068792

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
Limited admin work on some Minecraft servers, but not enough to be noteworthy. I also have quite a few comm blocks as a donor.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
LA/TX/NY Jailbreak (Mostly LA as of now)
Occasionally 24/7 2Fort.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
First off, I'd like to get the generic admin reason out of the way. I truly want to make Blackwonder servers a better and safer place, as it always feels bad to have your game ruined by rulebreakers. This further ties in to the fact that I'd like to give players a sense of safety. I've seen many unanswered admin calls to jailbreak servers during the hours I'm on, as well as many complain that admins don't frequent the LA/TX jailbreaks. Therefore, I believe I could be there to provide that security to help everyone have fun, as fun is the quality I value most in videogames.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
If you want me to remove your name just tell me.
Know fairly well:
Sakuya
Overkill

Limited conversation (Only few (1-2) conversations/interaction):
Wanka
Will
Jim
Robb

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
3pm-12am Eastern Pacific (West coast of NA) typically, though this flucates due to school

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Before I list my punishments, I want to say that I have a philosophy of giving first time rulebreakers some relative slack, but repeat offenders much more punishment due to them knowing exactly what they're doing wrong and violating it anyways.

General Rules:
m = Minute, h = Hour, d = Day, wk = Week, mo = Month
Player disrespect: 30m/60m/6hr/1d/3d/1wk/2wk/1mo/Permanent (Via medium of disrespect, mic/chat)
Mic/chat spam: Warning/60m/6h/1d/3d/1wk/2wk/1mo/Permanent (Warning will be given for first timers based on severity)
Hacking: Record demo to gather evidence, then permanent ban.

Jailbreak rules:

Talking over admin during mic check/Talking over warden: Mute based on comm blocks, follows pattern of mic spam.
Armory camping: Request them to leave. If they don't, slay + 45m teamban.
Delaying: Ask them to stop delaying. If they continue to delay, slay.
Ghosting: Warning for first timers, then gag/mute based on comm blocks, follows pattern of mic/chat spam.
Breaking breakables as blue: Slay + Teamban of 45/90/6h/12h + 2 for each new offense.
Sticky trapping: If blue: Ask them to detonate, or slay if it would put reds in danger. If they deny, 30m teamban.
Ammo glitching: Ask them to leave and rejoin, otherwise a kick. If enough evidence to prove it was intentional, ban for 1d/2d/1wk/2wk every repeat offense.
Latespawning: Ask them to slay themselves if unintentional, if they refuse, they are slayed. If there is evidence to prove it was intentional, ban for 1d/2d/1wk/2wk every repeat offense.
Freeday griefing/abuse: If the offense was minor (ex. blocking blues), ask them to stop, other wise a slay. If major, Slay + Respawn any reds who died due to grief/abuse if applicable.
Hiding in exploit/unreachable areas: Ask them to leave, if they refuse, slay.
Freekill: If enough evidence to prove it was freekill, respawn/teleport red and ask blue to slay themself. If they refuse to slay themself, slay + 1h teamban.
Team killing: 30m teamban if unintentional, 1d if intentional. Follows 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban.
Baiting: Ask them to stop. If they refuse, then slay.
Griefing: Slay + 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban. Respawn reds who died to the grief.
Illegal ff: Force turn it off + 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban. Respawn any reds who died due to it.
Tricky orders: Respawn any reds who died due to tricky order.
Illegal minigames: Ask them not to, 30m teamban if they continue.
Mass Freekill: 1wk/2wk/1mo/2mo Ban.
Unwilling to be warden (dodge/invalid unwarden): 6h/1d teamban.
Blues exploring map without warden permission: Ask them to go back. If they refuse, slay.

Once again, I would like to say that most of the punishments follow the idea that first time offenders get some slack due to possibly not knowing rules. Furthermore, the first tier of punishment may be skipped based on severity of the offense. Finally, some rules aren't listed as I thought they were common knowledge and default (such as no mic on blue = permanent teamban until they can prove otherwise).

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
To elaborate on my fluctuation hours, I'm currently a highschool junior. I have some fairly tough classes, though I usually get homework done fast. I'll almost always be on after 3pm and will usually be on until midnight.

I would like to address any comm/bans I have.
First, if you check sourcebans, I had a 2 week ban from The Outpost (http://www.opstonline.com/bans/inde...rch=STEAM_0:0:58068792&advType=steamid&Submit).
The ban reason was "duplicate account" which I initially had no idea what it meant. After some research, I deduced that sourcesleuth thought my brother's account (lives with me) was an alternate account of mine, due to him also playing the same TF2 servers as me.

Next, I'd like to talk about blackwonder specific comm blocks. The only one I've had was a from will due to admin callout (https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&page=5&searchText=STEAM_0:0:58068792). I completely understand what I did wrong, and that I said his name while he was going undercover. I've since witnessed many undercover admins, and understand exactly why it is important that admins have to go undercover.

[EDIT 1]: Changed MFK punishment, I meant to put 1 week flat ban, not perma teamban.
[EDIT 2]: Changed Tomato's known status per his request, and added note to known admins.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
Perma teamban for 1 mass freekill sounds a little too harsh
thats what i usually do (some people do it 100% accidentally so they are lucky). if they mass freekill they dont deserve blue privileges.

and to the app.

seems pretty decent enough, some of the punishments like team banning someone for an accidental team kill is a bit harsh but you'd get used to the punishment side of things.
only one admin given commblock (hehe) for callout but that on the grand scheme of things you could get blocked for is like meh.

in server apart from that one time ;) you're a good dude and like lucas said you'd be good for us

+SUPPORT depending obviously on any further developments

Last edited:

Sakuya

Trickster
Hello Hey ya I hope you're doing fine this time at night.
First off your admin app seems to be of good length and provides a decent amount of info. I do like the fact that you pointed out the comm block that you have (shows that you aren't trying to hide anything). Your punishment section gives a good idea of how you will handle situations but once you have dealt with rulebreakers for a while you will get the idea of how long to punish people especially some hot characters that are repeat offenders. Personally I wouldn't bother with giving people teambans under a day. I go with a day or up since that will give them plenty of time to watch how an actual Guard plays so they can learn off of them.
In-game you're polite and not one to start problems. You understand the rules and Jailbreak very well. At times you have messaged me for clarifications which is very good! I do see you maintaining a server well without issues on your own.
We have been chatting recently quite frequently and your company is welcomed. I do enjoy joining Discord chats with you and hopping on the servers as well.
I can see you making a fine asset to the admin team due to your dedication on the servers and fine manner among other players.
I will be going with a +SUPPORT since you have shown to me you are responsible and able to hold the title as admin for Blackwonder.
Hey ya I wish you good luck on your admin app!
Sak out!

Overkill

a byte
I'll try to keep this short. Whenever I get on a server, I usually see you upholding our rules and letting others know the difference between our server's rules and other servers rules, which is a huge plus for me since when we get new players from other servers, they usually end up not reading our rules but will have the audacity to whine because they were punished. I also find you to be very trustworthy and the amount of reports you have lets me know you like to keep the servers clean.

On a more personal note, you are very friendly and the times we play together are very enjoyable. Less stress for me since you will usually explain to someone yelling "WHY CAN'T I JOIN BLUE???" why he can't join blue (I don't squabble in mortal affairs).

All jokes aside, never had a problem with you and you are a very good friend. You seem suitable for the job plus you clearly have dedication and determination, both which are great qualities for being an admin. It's a +support from me. I hope you get accepted.

hey ya

Dark Elf
Before this long comment, I'd like to say: wow. I didn't expect to be getting this much positive feedback so early, so I personally thank all of you guys for giving me the support!

That is a grey area.

I really hope you get accepted.
Hey Lucas! Thanks for the support :p Also, what do you mean by 'grey area?'

thats what i usually do (some people do it 100% accidentally so they are lucky). if they mass freekill they dont deserve blue privileges.

and to the app.

seems pretty decent enough, some of the punishments like team banning someone for an accidental team kill is a bit harsh but you'd get used to the punishment side of things.
only one admin given commblock (hehe) for callout but that on the grand scheme of things you could get blocked for is like meh.

in server apart from that one time ;) you're a good dude and like lucas said you'd be good for us

+SUPPORT depending obviously on any further developments
Hey will! Thanks for being pretty nice about the admin call-out. I wanted to make it a 1 week ban but got it mixed up with no mic on blue. I personally believe that if someone comes in and ruins the game to that proportion, they knew what they were doing wrong so they deserve to be away for a week to think about what they did, and that it isn't cool to stop everyone from having fun.

Hello Hey ya I hope you're doing fine this time at night.
First off your admin app seems to be of good length and provides a decent amount of info. I do like the fact that you pointed out the comm block that you have (shows that you aren't trying to hide anything). Your punishment section gives a good idea of how you will handle situations but once you have dealt with rulebreakers for a while you will get the idea of how long to punish people especially some hot characters that are repeat offenders. Personally I wouldn't bother with giving people teambans under a day. I go with a day or up since that will give them plenty of time to watch how an actual Guard plays so they can learn off of them.
In-game you're polite and not one to start problems. You understand the rules and Jailbreak very well. At times you have messaged me for clarifications which is very good! I do see you maintaining a server well without issues on your own.
We have been chatting recently quite frequently and your company is welcomed. I do enjoy joining Discord chats with you and hopping on the servers as well.
I can see you making a fine asset to the admin team due to your dedication on the servers and fine manner among other players.
I will be going with a +SUPPORT since you have shown to me you are responsible and able to hold the title as admin for Blackwonder.
Hey ya I wish you good luck on your admin app!
Sak out!
Hey Sak, thanks for checking out my app! Regarding sub one day teambans, I don't think that many offenses should make one person be unable to have fun on blackwonder unless they themselves were trying to ruin that fun. The reasoning for the 30-1h teambans is to stop them from being on blue for a map so they can see how warden/guard etiquette is, so that they can continue playing on blue within the rules for the rest of the day. Recently I've met some genuinely good people who just didn't know rules, so I wouldn't want to give them an 'evil admin' impression and teamban them for a day. Thanks for your feedback anyways!

I'll try to keep this short. Whenever I get on a server, I usually see you upholding our rules and letting others know the difference between our server's rules and other servers rules, which is a huge plus for me since when we get new players from other servers, they usually end up not reading our rules but will have the audacity to whine because they were punished. I also find you to be very trustworthy and the amount of reports you have lets me know you like to keep the servers clean.

On a more personal note, you are very friendly and the times we play together are very enjoyable. Less stress for me since you will usually explain to someone yelling "WHY CAN'T I JOIN BLUE???" why he can't join blue (I don't squabble in mortal affairs).

All jokes aside, never had a problem with you and you are a very good friend. You seem suitable for the job plus you clearly have dedication and determination, both which are great qualities for being an admin. It's a +support from me. I hope you get accepted.
Hey Overkill, thanks for replying to the app! I like to keep servers clean because it allows everyone to have fun, which is the bottom line of videogames. I definitely like explaining to people the rules and giving them warnings as not to prohibit gameplay too much. Thanks!

hey ya

Dark Elf
Not all "sticky trapping" is not allowed, there are circumstances when "sticky trapping" is allowed.
Ah, I left scenarios like that out of the general rules, as there are a lot of strange scenarios that would clog up the punishments section. Thanks again for the support!

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I can't find anything really wrong with this application! Why did you have to be so perfect!?

Anyways, the only thing I can say right now is how jealous I am about your "How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?",
you did it so clean and nice. Your reason to become an admin isn't bad at all, and your punishments are really well done. I don't know what else to say...can I say +Support?

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Time to rate!

Pros:

• Good reasoning as to why you want to become an admin
  • Seems to have a good grasp of all the rules needed on jailbreak
  • Has a good relationship with many jailbreak admins and has their support
  • Would cover servers at a timezone where admins are currently needed
  • Has 8 valid reports and 1 invalid. Though granted, he did provide evidence, it was simply because the demo crashed that the report was marked as "invalid". Also, 1 report is still pending
  • Has shown a decent level of maturity and level-headiness

Neutral:
  • Decent App
  • Decent English
  • Has not been very long on the forum, but is very active
  • Got one comm block for calling out an admin. But that can be easily overlooked
  • Does not have any previous, noteworthy moderating experience

Negative:
  • I'm not sure if you were messaged about it already, but we prefer that non-admins only comment on reports when they can provide useful information. This can be posting the SteamID and/or ticks in demos. Do not insert your opinion or state the obvious. Same goes for punishment appeals. Unless you can provide additional information (with proof) please refrain from posting there.

Additional Information:
  • Even back in 2014 he was a pretty decent person. See here and here

Conclusion:

All in all, I am of the opinion that you would be a great asset to your team. The pro's easily outweigh the cons.

+Support

Best of luck,

Malz

Also: penis. Greeting from Benedevil. He told me to post that.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

Don't want to repeat what everyone else has been saying, but you're a pretty chill fellow and your application is well structured.

+support.

Sakuya

Trickster
I can say that Aztecc is indeed Hey ya's brother.
I have seen them on together at the same time and also I'm in Discord chats with them (you can also hear Aztecc yelling from Hey ya's mic)
Its not Hey ya's alt and I believe him, I doubt he would really try to hide anything like that.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Marking accepted as no one else seems to have done so.

Cmon admins I'm doing your job for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom