Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Fish-Related Crimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm not sure if there's much I could add. A lot of the more important points have been made. The only thing I want to highlight is the amount of suggestions on backpack.tf; it's very impressive. I like the show of dedication and the ability to put effort into things you feel passionate for. The only thing I can bring you down on is, like Ben mentioned, your attitude to your cons. It's much more appropriate to work on them instead of just listing them. Apart from that, and the cons listed by Malz, I have a good feeling about you. +Support.
I thank you, Grizz. I'm working my hardest to iron out those cons. :^)

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You've made yourself a tad bit more known during the past few weeks, which is nice, but feels somewhat forced at times.

I feel you still don't quite wish to be as invested in the community as many of us others, but I think that is fine. I believe you'd be a good asset for the trade servers and wherever else you may frequent with your polite behaviour, dedication and experience.

You gave me a mildly condescending vibe from a demo of yours that I reviewed, which brings me back to an earlier post I wrote somewhere about forum behaviour not matching in-game behaviour, but I really don't think it was too bad. I'm just nitpicking at this point.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You've made yourself a tad bit more known during the past few weeks, which is nice, but feels somewhat forced at times.

I feel you still don't quite wish to be as invested in the community as many of us others, but I think that is fine. I believe you'd be a good asset for the trade servers and wherever else you may frequent with your polite behaviour, dedication and experience.

You gave me a mildly condescending vibe from a demo of yours that I reviewed, which brings me back to an earlier post I wrote somewhere about forum behaviour not matching in-game behaviour, but I really don't think it was too bad. I'm just nitpicking at this point.
That behavior is just me being me. This can be observed on the forums too:
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/yo-yo-selling-39-unusuals-and-counting.3520/
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/okay-then.3542/#post-14404
I wasn't faking kindness anywhere, it's just me (I know you never said I was faking anything, just don't want people to get the wrong idea).
EDIT: Looking this over and seeing how I put it, it made it seem that I am a naturally condescending person. That is not the case. I just tend to get a tad passive-agressive when angry, but it's incredibly mild, as you can see, in the above posts, I was able to produce rational thoughts still.
EDIT #2: It's not that I don't WANT to be as invested, it's that I can't. Trading's a rough game, and I estimate I'll still spend plenty of time doing that. The extra money is nice and it's fun.

Last edited:

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
Alright, I'll leave my 100% honest opinion.
I honestly think you would be a great admin, because the server [I assume that] you mainly go to lacks regular admins. You have extensive knowledge on trading so you would [hopefully] find a scammer and stop him in his or her tracks.
I do have something that you can improve on, and it's tolerance. I know (hope) that you wouldn't tolerate derogatory slurs but simple micspam (song requests, anecdotes, story reading) won't hurt a fly. I think that constructive criticism (without huge bad words) can also be acceptable. (suggestion made from earlier events).
I also hope that you don't use bias, because I think that it wouldn't be fair if I would harass a new player but avoid a mute, but the player would get the mute for defending himself. I hope that you will talk it out to people who break the rules.
That is all I'm fairly concerned about. I've known you for quite a while now, you are a very friendly person and a very experienced trader. I know you will be an awesome admin, and I hope this gets accepted :3

Good luck.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Alright, I'll leave my 100% honest opinion.
I honestly think you would be a great admin, because the server [I assume that] you mainly go to lacks regular admins. You have extensive knowledge on trading so you would [hopefully] find a scammer and stop him in his or her tracks.
I do have something that you can improve on, and it's tolerance. I know (hope) that you wouldn't tolerate derogatory slurs but simple micspam (song requests, anecdotes, story reading) won't hurt a fly. I think that constructive criticism (without huge bad words) can also be acceptable. (suggestion made from earlier events).
I also hope that you don't use bias, because I think that it wouldn't be fair if I would harass a new player but avoid a mute, but the player would get the mute for defending himself. I hope that you will talk it out to people who break the rules.
That is all I'm fairly concerned about. I've known you for quite a while now, you are a very friendly person and a very experienced trader. I know you will be an awesome admin, and I hope this gets accepted :3

Good luck.
Thanks a lot for your input, Pi. And yeah, you were right. Admins are seldom on the LA trade server, with the exception of Miyu once in a blood moon. Appreciate it, mate.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I grew to like this application, it's honest. You worked up a lot of messages and activity on the forum, you want to improve. There are not a lot of people on the world who understand trade as much as you do and thus you're a great person to moderate trade servers. I just hope your reason for becoming admin holds out. Do you think you could take a look at other trade servers from time to time not just the LA one?

Wish you luck!

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I grew to like this application, it's honest. You worked up a lot of messages and activity on the forum, you want to improve. There are not a lot of people on the world who understand trade as much as you do and thus you're a great person to moderate trade servers. I just hope your reason for becoming admin holds out. Do you think you could take a look at other trade servers from time to time not just the LA one?

Good luck!
I'll try to expand my best mate! Thank you so much, Buster!

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

For some reason, my computer doesn't want me to edit my original post, but anyway.

You have been getting a lot more active on the forums, which is a good sign. You also seem to have a lot of patience and you are also quite calm in a lot of the posts on the forums. Now that I believe you have learned from what me and other admins have said, I believe that you would be a great asset to BlackWonder. So I will give you a +Support!

Good luck, mate!

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
For some reason, my computer doesn't want me to edit my original post, but anyway.

You have been getting a lot more active on the forums, which is a good sign. You also seem to have a lot of patience and you are also quite calm in a lot of the posts on the forums. Now that I believe you have learned from what me and other admins have said, I believe that you would be a great asset to BlackWonder. So I will give you a +Support!

Good luck, mate!
Thanks so much! Glad you believe in me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom