Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Maybe instead of posting random stuff on the application, we could actually get back down to business like you originally said.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I was going to discuss this with the other staff, but I've decided to just go ahead. I'm moving my rating from +Support to Neutral, with a lean towards -Support. While I trust Copyright has the right skills to be an admin, the recent and constant replies to his own application does not reflect well on his overall character and shows impatience as well as power hunger.

Please note, Copyright, that your application has been open for 12 days; please do not rush us when applications have previously taken over a month. We will get to it eventually when we have discussed it enough and when Benedevil decides to give a verdict, not when you decide you want a reply.

Copyright

Uncharitable
I was going to discuss this with the other staff, but I've decided to just go ahead. I'm moving my rating from +Support to Neutral, with a lean towards -Support. While I trust Copyright has the right skills to be an admin, the recent and constant replies to his own application does not reflect well on his overall character and shows impatience as well as power hunger.

Please note, Copyright, that your application has been open for 12 days; please do not rush us when applications have previously taken over a month. We will get to it eventually when we have discussed it enough and when Benedevil decides to give a verdict, not when you decide you want a reply.
First of all: I didnt rush anybody concerning my application.
I am sometimes impatient for certain things yes but not for this.
I am definetly not power hungry but I want to help admins.
I am only replying to the comments and so on because it is, as far as I am aware, polite to answer people when they adress you.
And then again, I have not been made aware of how long it takes for an admin application.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

a89b17fd6c3641bf92830e165bbcf015.png

First comment, fair enough.
Second comment, no point to it, essentially bumping your application.
Third comment, just another bump getting your posts up.

So I do have to agree with Grizzly on this one.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

What if, he just wanted to say what he thinks? What is bumping your application even mean? xd Are you guys serious right now? Getting your posts up? What? Why? And you change your opinion of him from + to - support or neutral because he replied to your messages.

The vibe I'm getting right now:
Dude, stop reacting to stuff, people will think you actually care about this and give you -support :'D
  • I am back but still wont able to be very active for a few weeks. Sod's Law I guess...
    • I guess you have no problem with this, shows us he's gonna be away
  • That explains why there is only 91 pages of chat history.
    • Reaction to Miyuki
  • Lets get back down to business
    • Indicating that he is back
  • Train? really Grizzly?
    • Reaction to Grizzly
  • predictable
    • Reaction to bad time
  • good point
    • Agreeing with Ben
+Then addressing your concerns in a normal reply
How are these things upsetting? o_O
if you don't type this "Maybe instead of posting random stuff on the application, we could actually get back down to business like you originally said." He probably wouldn't have said anything after reacting to bad time.

How are these little messages important, and how are they important enough for you to change your support. 6 little messages from which 3 are just a reaction to what you guys said/done and you're somehow upset about that? In my head from your perspective this seems like "Why couldn't you just rate it agree, why did you type "good point" you're obviously bumping your application." Pretty hilarious? Please reconsider, give better explanation.

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

The "vibe" we are giving is he is making useless posts on his own application to bring attention back to his application. His "reactions" to these as you called them were a little bit random as we can all see the ratings people have made and if it really mattered, generally you bring it up with the person instead of posting on your application about it, and then he goes to further bump his application by replying for no particular reason. I also don't remember ever saying he was spamming, that is something you have seemed to have made up. And he didn't "reply" to our messages, he just randomly started another conversation on his application for attention, which is generally not a good idea. In Vikings words they are "arbitrary non-contributal post". If they are doing this, it's as if "Hey! Give me attention please! I am still active! Have you forgot about me?"

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Okay, I see what you mean. I don't know, didn't seem to me as attention seeking. Also I never said that you think he's spamming, I meant that if he would've spammed that would be a valid reason to me to change your support.

predictable could be a weird reply. But it also was on the same day as bad time's reply. It's not like he's posting random stuff on random days. Like, 5 days later "Nice gif buster".
What he posts randomly is actually useful information, like telling us if he's on or not in the next days.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
The point is that the information he is putting up is irrelevant to his application. He announced he was back but unable to be active for a few weeks on December 7th. He then bumped the application only two days later. This isn't a few weeks difference. His situation hasn't changed and no update was needed. The "reactions" to other people aren't relevant to the application; it's been rather heavily implied a few times that applications are somewhat formal, and these reaction are better suited to the shoutbox or private messaging. This does also mean I disagree with Mr. Bad Time randomly commenting on more trains, which again, isn't relevant.

If it were useful information, I wouldn't have mentioned it. But there's just a string of him replying with nothing but comments on every single thing that happens on his application, something which I have been told is unadvised.

Also, this is enough to change my verdict as he already had some major cons such as forum activity, and adding this to the list isn't bumping up my approval any.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Now it's clear. Because so far you only mentioned his behavior here in this thread. Which I still think is pretty irrelevant as he might think what he did was actually polite as he says that a few replies above. If you think that generally speaking his activity is lacking on the forum then I can understand the shift from positive to neutral or slightly negative opinion.

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I am literally three seconds from falling asleep, but I'll do a very quick post

As a player, Copyright/knight/fright is a genuinely friendly person. He gives me a pretty good impression in-game, and often tries to help with clearing up people's misinterpretation of certain rules, while still avoiding unsolicited advice. This is a somewhat rare trait. He also hasn't broken any rules that I'm aware of or can remember, which is a big plus.

May not be completely familiar with forum etiquette, which isn't great when you have to use the forums to apply. Seems a bit impatient with all these bumps. To speak directly to you, I think reading some (more?) other applications first and seeing how they went down could have vastly improved your chances with your own. Then again, even those are stuffed with "I give [+-]support because player is [derogatory or complementary adjective] yes that is all bye."

His greatest redeeming factor is being a stellar player. I wish more people were like him in-game. Unfortunately, he does seem really uninvolved in everything else outside of that, and may be just a tad bit too passive.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I've been convinced enough to move into full on neutral. Whether or not this verdict changes is based upon new evidence or overlooked points. Thank you Buster and Viking for your input, as otherwise I may have been too harsh.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Why didn't @Ben289 @Grizzly and @Buster talk about this in private and then post a verdict afterwards?

Just something I am wondering after reading that.

Okay, lets say we did. There goes all the reasoning behind our decisions, and suddenly Buster has changed his mind and would post "Okay, I understand now, thanks for the explanation.". Everyone else would be like "Wtf just happened there?" Since it was relevant to the application as it was how we have decided our support, it stays here. No point in having information from people in private chats when it could help Bene make a decision.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Anyone has full right to post their opinion here unless it's with the purpose to cause drama. Which it wasn't. Thus all is good.

Cytex

Mildly Menacing

Cytex

Even though I don't have any decision power, he is a nice polite and very reasonable person and he is in-game often. I know this since I'm a friend of his and I definitely support him on being an admin in general ;)

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Even though I don't have any decision power, he is a nice polite and very reasonable person and he is in-game often. I know this since I'm a friend of his and I definitely support him on being an admin in general ;)
Every opinion is equal

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

@Copyright due to your inactivity on the forums after you created your application, and as this was one of the main cons of you becoming an admin. Your application has been declined.

If you would like to apply for admin again, please be more active on the forums and reapply when you believe you are ready to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom