Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Aegeus Dusk

• Thread starter Deleted member 2049
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. Although I do share some concerns and questions. Why do other community problems matter in this application? And ive explained the problem/drama with idleserver, so why is it still here? The NSFW profile post doesnt seem to matter much either but I dont blame you on your questions about my maturity.

I think the problem is that if you're not able to behave yourself on another server of another community, then that shows that you could probably behave the same way here and that doesn't bode well if you become an admin.

D

Deleted member 2049

I think the problem is that if you're not able to behave yourself on another server of another community, then that shows that you could probably behave the same way here and that doesn't bode well if you become an admin.
Others seem to like me better than idleserver. Everyone used to like me there but after they attacked blackwonder I got mad at them for doing that. After that everyone joined the bus to hate me there. Its a shame to because I taught some players who are now mods to play and now they hate me

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi, thanks for sharing your feedback. Although I do share some concerns and questions. Why do other community problems matter in this application? And ive explained the problem/drama with idleserver, so why is it still here? The NSFW profile post doesnt seem to matter much either but I dont blame you on your questions about my maturity.
Putting what Jiggly and Malz were trying to say simply, how do you think it makes us look having an admin who has plenty of bans and comm blocks on other servers (don't answer that, that question is rhetorical, it makes us look really bad)?

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Why do other community problems matter in this application?
It is hard to phrase it, but I will try:
When you have a problem with or in another community, that always has a reason. And it is that reason what is important for this application. Because if this and the other community were to switch places and place you in the exact same situation, would it be different? Probably not. Point is: How can you assure us that the problem that occurred in another community does not happen here? Our admins try to stay away from drama as far as possible by always being level-headed and able to properly and politely explain their actions and decisions without throwing a tantrum. I am not saying that you are not able to, but right now I doubt it. Would you have given it a few more months, I would be more willing to believe you. But since this "drama" happened less than 2 months ago, I can not fully trust you that you had a change of attitude.
And ive explained the problem/drama with idleserver, so why is it still here?
See the above.
The NSFW profile post doesnt seem to matter much either but I dont blame you on your questions about my maturity.
Well thank you for that, but my point/opinion is simple: You openly showing your attraction towards NSFW content (including furries) does damage your reputation as an admin. Remember, there are also many kids playing on our server. What would they think if they saw the profile of an admin (proudly) showing his NSFW screenshot collection? They either think that it would be OK to do that (on our servers) or be confused as to why they got banned for doing something very similar (sprayban). Honestly, that point is entirely up to everyone to make their own opinion on it, this is just my input. I mean, I also talk about really perverted stuff on the server, but I never went out of my way to keep NSFW screenshots... It is just for me, I do not feel it is appropriate to openly share such content, especially as an admin.

D

Deleted member 2049

It is hard to phrase it, but I will try:
When you have a problem with or in another community, that always has a reason. And it is that reason what is important for this application. Because if this and the other community were to switch places and place you in the exact same situation, would it be different? Probably not. Point is: How can you assure us that the problem that occurred in another community does not happen here? Our admins try to stay away from drama as far as possible by always being level-headed and able to properly and politely explain their actions and decisions without throwing a tantrum. I am not saying that you are not able to, but right now I doubt it. Would you have given it a few more months, I would be more willing to believe you. But since this "drama" happened less than 2 months ago, I can not fully trust you that you had a change of attitude.

See the above.

Well thank you for that, but my point/opinion is simple: You openly showing your attraction towards NSFW content (including furries) does damage your reputation as an admin. Remember, there are also many kids playing on our server. What would they think if they saw the profile of an admin (proudly) showing his NSFW screenshot collection? They either think that it would be OK to do that (on our servers) or be confused as to why they got banned for doing something very similar (sprayban). Honestly, that point is entirely up to everyone to make their own opinion on it, this is just my input. I mean, I also talk about really perverted stuff on the server, but I never went out of my way to keep NSFW screenshots... It is just for me, I do not feel it is appropriate to openly share such content, especially as an admin.
This "drama" has been following me for a long time. You say admins try to stay as far away as possible from drama but how can I do so if it is continued to be brought up by others to follow me?

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This "drama" has been following me for a long time. You say admins try to stay as far away as possible from drama but how can I do so if it is continued to be brought up by others to follow me?
Ignore them? Block them? Apologize and make amends (if you are in the wrong)? Appeal? It really isn't hard. My point is, all staff receive harassment in one form or another sooner or later. Showing how you handle harassment is a key part to proving your competence. No, rating explanatory comments "Ugh," does not make you seem competent.

D

Deleted member 2049

Ignore them? Block them? Apologize and make amends (if you are in the wrong)? Appeal? It really isn't hard. My point is, all staff receive harassment in one form or another sooner or later. Showing how you handle harassment is a key part to proving your competence. No, rating explanatory comments "Ugh," does not make you seem competent.
Ive ignored and tried to make amends with idleserver but they went on to harrass me

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Since I never experienced the same thing you did, my advice that I am about to give may be horribly wrong. If so, please forgive my Ignorance.

If you really want to have a fresh start, I suggest you to cut all ties from any previous drama. Tell the people you had previous problems with that you want to start anew. And while it does not nullify any previous interaction, conversations and actions, the best you can do is to apologize for your previous behavior and that you are trying your hardest to be a new person. And if they are still not willing to forgive and forget, then you should just block and ignore them. Tell them while you understand why they chose to not forget and forgive, it is the best for you and him to simply cease any connection. That way, neither of you has to deal with it ever again. Also, if they should continue to harass you, report them. Don't let it get through you. Every admins needs to able to endure such situations. Otherwise they end up attracting more and more drama, until almost everyone of the admin team had enough of them... and yes, this is a reference to something that occured.

Ive ignored and tried to make amends with idleserver but they went on to harrass me
See above. Maybe my advice is horribly wrong in every way and not helpful. I do not know. But I tried to give you an heartfelt and honest advice. I really do not like anyone suffering from harassment, may it be on the internet or in real life. Because I can relate to that. It is something I do not with upon anyone.

RedTF2

Hello everyone, Admin from Idleserver.com here. I'm have no place to be saying who should be admin or not here, only want to clear a few things up.

In regards to this "I tried to make amends with idleserver" comment, I'd like to point out that yes, some of our users have harassed you, but you have returned the favor yourself by insulting those people aswell, making things worse, you are just as fault as they are, Aegeus. I personally have no issue with you or thing you have done in the past, but you're not being 100% honest with your application. That's all from me, just want to clear some things up.

Tl;dr: They harassed you, you insulted them back. That doesn't help.

Edit: A second response quickly to the "Drama always finds me".

You are usually the cause of your own drama, and when you're not you fuel the fire. Please refer to the screenshots provided for an example. You made this post about 2 newly added moderators that were not very popular at the time. Making such posts would obviously start drama, I even told you that but you proceeded to delete my comments and continued the drama.

I am here because you are giving Idleserver.com a bad name with some of your statements, and as an administrator, I can not let that go by.

Attachments

• IMG_3425.PNG
    IMG_3425.PNG
    197.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_3426.PNG
    IMG_3426.PNG
    229.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_3427.PNG
    IMG_3427.PNG
    218.2 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm very glad @RedTF2 , @Depressed Optimist and to some extent @BGUltimate decided to drop by and give their feedback, because clearly Aegus has been leaving his mark in various places.

Gameserver communities are fickle, it ruins it for the rest of us when people give the entire population of a community a bad reputation by inflating personal feuds and expressing it as an 'us and them' argument! Nobody likes drama, it's just shit for everyone involved. We're playing video games damnit!

Even if you're not directly trying to instigate anything, the fact that you've already left an impression elsewhere that makes those affected inclined to step in and respond when mentioned means that you haven't tied up the loose ends and made amends. It's a fire-and-forget mentality where you don't think about those left behind. It doesn't matter if someone is respectful, kind and professional when you first meet them if they take their leave with an eloquent 'fuck you all'. It's why we couldn't possibly re-promote @NotNotchSilly (sorry for tag) when he returned, even though his application was absolutely amazing and he had undeniably become a way better person in general - it's just impossible to regain trust entirely within such a relatively short timeframe.

There's no denying you've been an exemplary member since your absence. We're grateful for your well-formatted and valid reports and lack of recent bans/blocks, but it definitely takes more time than this to regain the trust lost during the time when you were a repeat offender, even more so when there's a distinct possibility it's just a facade to gain powers.

This quickly became an essay on morality, but tie up those loose ends! You'll be grateful in the end even if it doesn't result in becoming a part of blackwonder or idleservers' admin teams.

I have no unfinished business with you and there is no doubt in my mind that you can improve to become a wonderful person.

D

Deleted member 2049

I think these are gonna be my final words for this application, or possibly all applications to any server. Ive been beaten, Ive been bullied, and I have wronged. Anywhere I go, the drama finds me and continues to ruin me. When I try to begin a fresh start, it hurts me. I can never find a safe place I guess. So im just gonna say it now, Just fucking kill me

End the application now, im sure thats what you all wanted in the end, im done with hope.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I think these are gonna be my final words for this application, or possibly all applications to any server. Ive been beaten, Ive been bullied, and I have wronged. Anywhere I go, the drama finds me and continues to ruin me. When I try to begin a fresh start, it hurts me. I can never find a safe place I guess. So im just gonna say it now, Just fucking kill me

End the application now, im sure thats what you all wanted in the end, im done with hope.

That's not exactly how it works or how it did happen, but I guess this will be your final decision, sorry that it may have sounded like that...

Heads up,
Jiggly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom