Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin app suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

So I have a little suggestion for future admin apps, some people might dislike this idea so feel free to give your own opinion on this.

Basically my suggestion is to prohibit normal users from responding to admin apps UNLESS they have some valid and usefull info that might help the staff/Bene to decide if the user is the right one for the position. (This is stuff like the users behaviour in the server and things that the user hasn't mentioned)

I'm suggesting this as I see allot of user comment on apps with info that the staff/Bene can see by looking at the app themselves, in some cases the users act like they're an admin, allot of users just repeat the same thing and it's seems to me that they mostly do this to get a bigger amount of messages.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
An old Gmod community I was part of had a similar deal, where only admins' opinions of +1 or -1 would actually sway the vote, while users could still reply with important information.

It worked pretty well.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
How does one act like an admin!? I've had 2 people tell me to "stop acting like an admin" I'm just being myself. What? I'm not allowed to be myself? Anways, enough of me being triggered...

I feel like users should have the freedom to comment their opinion on the applicant and help out the staff get more information about the applicant. Yes, the staff can do the research them selves, but when other users do it for them it just makes life easier.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

How does one act like an admin!? I've had 2 people tell me to "stop acting like an admin" I'm just being myself. What? I'm not allowed to be myself? Anways, enough of me being triggered...

I feel like users should have the freedom to comment their opinion on the applicant and help out the staff get more information about the applicant. Yes, the staff can do the research them selves, but when other users do it for them it just makes life easier.

Admins will talk about what they expect to see of the user next time they make an app or what they expect to see of them in the server. If you talk like that as a normal user you kind of sound like you're acting like an admin.

The thing is what usefull info does our opinions contain about the applicant? Our opinions are completely biased and may portrait the applicant as a cruel rulebreaker while it's someone nice and helpfull.

Yes, users should be allowed to comment below with usefull information that the staff would not know about but in my opinion the entire "cons and pros" and the "+/- support" isn't necessary as a normal user.

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Admins will talk about what they expect to see of the user next time they make an app or what they expect to see of them in the server. If you talk like that as a normal user you kind of sound like you're acting like an admin
That's a stereotype.
Yes, users should be allowed to comment below with usefull information that the staff would not know about but in my opinion the entire "cons and pros" and the "+/- support" isn't necessary as a normal user
I actually agree. The "Cons & Pros" and +/- support are a bit unnecessary, but hey, I use "support" to show...well, if I support them or not.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Just let them have their opinions.. If people want to give their two cents on someones app, why forbid that? Perhaps he/she was an admin on a different community and knows what is required for a decent admin(app). But regardless of that, "acting like an admin", what is that supposed to be? I only know admin impersonation which is not allowed. They are just giving their opinions on the matter like we do aswell.
In the end, bene decides for himself anyway. So why bother?

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

I think regular players should be allowed to reply once to an admin app with the freedom to edit that post as much as they like. Apps occasionally get derailed because of arguments that ensue or end up being pages long because the same people feel the need to comment repeatedly. This might not occur as much, if there's one post per person.

Admins would of course be free to make as many replies as they feel necessary. That's just my two cents. It's more a question of saving space than silencing the opinions of regular players. Some of them have good input.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You can't prohibit users from replying, we don't know beforehand if they have useful information.
We already tell people to only respond when they can share something interesting and to stop with the annoying pros/cons list. Especially if someone else did it before them.

What we actually need is personal experience with the applicant, no need to write down 3 times that the applicant's grammar is horrible, you can give advice but that's not essential, if it's longer put it in a spoiler. Once something has been pointed out, stop copying it like you need to have it in your reply. If everything that you know has been said just say if you support him or not and move on.

「Bread」

Uncharitable
Users should be allowed to post their own opinions on the application.
Staff's votes would be the ones that decide if the person is accepted or not.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Personally I don't think we should change anything, limiting posts on admin application seems unfair to everyone, maybe they can bring extra information after the original first post they made? What if they need to respond to something someone said about there post? Seems a bit silly to do all of this.

Sure I hate some of the crap people post, but sometimes you get an occasional diamond in the dust and you get some nice information from it.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Personally I don't think we should change anything, limiting posts on admin application seems unfair to everyone, maybe they can bring extra information after the original first post they made? What if they need to respond to something someone said about there post? Seems a bit silly to do all of this.

Sure I hate some of the crap people post, but sometimes you get an occasional diamond in the dust and you get some nice information from it.

I get what you mean but I don't understand what's usefull about 5 people doing a "pros and cons" list which is a copy of the person who posted one first.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I get what you mean but I don't understand what's usefull about 5 people doing a "pros and cons" list which is a copy of the person who posted one first.

If you don't like them, don't read them? Silencing everyone on admin applications, and limiting there posts is not a solution to your problem. I know @Buster hates pros and cons lists, but they can be useful. The best solution to this would maybe be make a "guide" or some sort of thread which basically states that repeating something which has already been used is inadvised, but it can still be done.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I don't really see a problem with letting the peons comment on admin apps, besides adding useless information or dicking around on them (though we can delete comments anyway so). Like literally everyone else has said, users should be allowed to post their own opinions on the matter and could have some valuable information on the applicant that we missed so blocking regular users from commenting seems sort-of counterproductive. Same could be said if this idea was applied to ban appeals.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I think everything has kinda been said by now, I think it would be okay to close this thread and even tho I don't entirely agree with everyone I do understand where everyone's coming from. Also thank you for sharing your opinion on this subject.

I do quickly like to state this as I feel like I've been misunderstood, I never said to ban normal users completely just to keep out things that have already been said and info that might actually not help.

But with that I wish all of you a good day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom