Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Add Donor Category in Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Since admins often have lives to deal with before blackwonder and sometimes it can take more than a few minutes for an admin to respond to an SOS message about a hacker or something. That's where the donor section would come in. Donors should be a separate role on discord with no special permissions so normal people can turn to donors if no admins are available at the time. This would be extremely useful for jailbreak in particular since it's not always possible to get an admin on to address a possible situation. There are basically always donor's online during the day but currently the only real way to call them is to have them added. This would not only alleviate the load that admins have to deal with but help donors get more active and noticed.

EDIT: The donors that would be in this category would have to be approved by admins first to ensure other players can call someone trustable to deal with the issue.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i think you should do a vote, i agree with this yes, just a simple way for people to have an @donor command would be alright if admins dont respond and donors can stand out in game as well so why not. but then theres a thought on how many donators there might be and the fact that some donators are not as mature as others though the kicks/mutes/slays/gags etc are fixed but this kinda looks to turn them more to half admins than donors there are some specific donors who might be relied on better than others for instance i'd trust wanka and myself as a small example to have good judgement on if we were called in using said proposed @donor but i dont know if i could trust every single other donator to have as good judgement, we cant just do the powers we gotta have proof incase the person who called is just salty or something, i remember seeing something similar about donor colours on the forums and it was shot down but i do feel this might work in some situations but i dont feel it'll change much

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I understand where you are coming from, and this has been suggested before, I think a few months ago.

Basically the issue is that we are relying on donators to understand every rule when it comes to BlackWonder, and when they go on a server they are immeditely recognisd as someone with power. Now not all donators are willing to do this, which is also another issue, so if a donator comes on Discord, they get the rank and suddenly they get a bunch of help requests. Donators shouldn't take over an admins role, you aren't admins you are just there to enjoy your time.

Another way this was suggested was actually by @Moku with the helper rank, which couldn't really work out to tell due to more problems being created than solved. You will also have times where you would say you were going somewhere, and then when you get there the vote will fail and you won't be able to achieve anything. Also we might get more ban appeals saying that donators abused there powers because they just came on a server and vote muted them.

I love this word, etiquette. Admins have to follow a certain etiquette when muting and gagging someone. Going undercover is normally the best way to do it on Jailbreak, but lets say someone doesn't know an admin is undercover, how are you going to check if someone else is on the server? You can't.

This seems to create more problems than it solves, so I disagree with the whole thing, if you want to help people, go for it, but you don't need a special rank on Discord with a channel specifically for you guys to help someone.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I understand where you are coming from, and this has been suggested before, I think a few months ago.

Basically the issue is that we are relying on donators to understand every rule when it comes to BlackWonder, and when they go on a server they are immeditely recognisd as someone with power. Now not all donators are willing to do this, which is also another issue, so if a donator comes on Discord, they get the rank and suddenly they get a bunch of help requests. Donators shouldn't take over an admins role, you aren't admins you are just there to enjoy your time.

Another way this was suggested was actually by @Moku with the helper rank, which couldn't really work out to tell due to more problems being created than solved. You will also have times where you would say you were going somewhere, and then when you get there the vote will fail and you won't be able to achieve anything. Also we might get more ban appeals saying that donators abused there powers because they just came on a server and vote muted them.

I love this word, etiquette. Admins have to follow a certain etiquette when muting and gagging someone. Going undercover is normally the best way to do it on Jailbreak, but lets say someone doesn't know an admin is undercover, how are you going to check if someone else is on the server? You can't.

This seems to create more problems than it solves, so I disagree with the whole thing, if you want to help people, go for it, but you don't need a special rank on Discord with a channel specifically for you guys to help someone.
I agree with all of this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom