Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Abnormality Detected's Ban appeal

Username: Abnormality Detected

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? 76561198362474559

Who has punished you?
Bigunit

Why were you punished?
The only reason stated is 'backtrack'. I don't know what this is supposed to mean. This was on 24/7 Reservoir VSH.

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Considering it's a permanent ban I can only assume it's for cheating. I have very little to go off considering the vague ban reason. The only thing I can think of to lead to that misunderstanding if it was for cheating, is that I use high-sens but my tracking is pretty bad, so I tend to flick my mouse a lot (I would use lower sens but I am kind of lazy and prefer to have to move my mouse less distance). That or they saw 'what's this name? 'Abnormality Detected?' must be referencing a hacking program!'. I'm grasping at straws here since I really don't know. I was spy of all classes and I'm not even that good.

But yeah tl;dr, this ban came out of left field when I was playing normally, and hopefully it can be looked into and revoked after any misunderstanding is cleared up. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: So I've been told backtrack is a form of cheat, that allows you to hit player hitboxes in the past. So the only explanation I can think of now for the misunderstanding is that I have 140~ or so ping on the server, so a backstab that registers on my screen might look like I stabbed with extended range or something similar on the server side. It's most noticeable if a stab happens right as the hale superjumps off the ground, or gets knocked back hard.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The name has nothing to do with a ban.
Demo attached to the ban:

Attachments

• Abnormalitycheat.dem
    994.6 KB · Views: 59
Any reasons given in the first post were just wild guesses, in which afterwards I found what was meant by 'backtrack'. In my reply I explain it's due to the high ping I have on the server that would make it appear I hit them from further away than what looks normal. If possible, I'd like that demo to be reviewed.

And sorry for another post, but I should apologise for not keeping the appeal more concise, since I should have looked into what 'backtrack' was before making the appeal so I'd only need to make one post with a clear point on where I believe the misunderstanding is, than rushing it out while I was still confused on the ban.

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
The demo attached to the ban does not belong to the banned steam id and a server where it was.
Punishment was removed. My apologies for waiting.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom