Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed A Baddie's Dodgeball map suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baddie

Unremarkable
REMOVE
Map:
tfdb_baseball_v4
Reason: Map is too big regardless of number of players. This makes it a snooze-fest as it takes forever not only for the rocket to speed up but to get from point-a to point b. The map is also very exploitable in terms of ledging the rocket. (you can get it stuck behind the brick wall very easily and the fences along the boundary.

FIX or REMOVE
Map: tfdb_boupycourt
Reason: texture overlap issues with rocket on back walls and ceiling. Rocket ledges on top and bottom of net as well as the poles but not on the net itself. Rocket also ledges on benches.

ADD
tfdb_pingpong
tfdb_greybox
tfdb_float
tfdb_orangebox
tfdb_groove_v2
tfdb_cwg_gym_v1

find or fix & add
Map: tfdb_bitch_ass
Reason: bitch_ass is a great classic map, but seems to be missing. I've heard from others that an update broke it some time back- though I'm also aware that some other servers are running a fixed version of this map. It would be nice to have it in rotation.

note: I have attached entirely untested copies of the suggested maps compressed in bzipped2 format for fastdl found via quick search.

Attachments

• tfdb_pingpong_ig.bsp.bz2
    2.6 MB · Views: 170
  • tfdb_greybox.bsp.bz2
    418.8 KB · Views: 165
  • tfdb_orangebox_b2.bsp.bz2
    394.9 KB · Views: 167
  • tfdb_cwg_gym_v1.bsp.bz2
    4.9 MB · Views: 157
  • tfdb_float_a2_fix.bsp.bz2
    6 MB · Views: 210
  • tfdb_groove_v2.bsp.bz2
    2.4 MB · Views: 168

skibur

Strange
tfdb_boupycourt is a buggy and leaky map. Some part of the map would disappear at a certain camera angle. (Which probably explains why there are no shadows in the map in the first place).

Suggest removing tfdb_boupycourt until developer (or other party) fix the leaks in this map.

*Edited 1: I also agree on removing tfdb_baseball for the sake of people airblasting rockets behind fence and wall. This delays overall game and cause upsetting experience for players. In general, this map is ideally for 32 players total, not 4-6 players. (unless you plan on increasing rocket speed? That could justify the distance?)

*Edited 2: Just saw that they added a night version of the map, this has solved the problem as mention in the first edit. Use night version instead of day version.

Last edited:

Zonas

Sufficiently Lethal
Staff Member
Admin
I don't know if adding float is a good idea, it's really easy to abuse on this map, this map only works if bounce is disabled

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I've had a look through the maps:
  1. Gym is too small
  2. Float is downspike heaven
  3. Greybox is okay
  4. Orange box is just grey box but orange
  5. Ping pong has a net in the way
  6. Groove is downspike heaven but pretty fun tbf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom