Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered 2 different people same ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Foster The People
So as some of you know, i have a little brother and i alternate days with him when it comes to tf2. I made him make an account because by August (hopefully if everything goes to plan) ill be shipping out for the National Guard. I made him make it because i dont want him/anyone on my account while im gone. A question we both had came up, its understood that if you are banned and make an alt account to join BLW servers you extend your ban if you get caught. What i want to know is (for example) if i were to get banned would he be unable to go on the BLW servers as well? Or would he be allowed and it just runs on the trust system of me not hopping onto his account and vice versa. What im saying is if there are 2 people who have the same ip but different are enteties/accounts, if one gets punished/banned do both?

I get this is so situation because it maybe is literally just us in this scenario but we both want to know incase worse to come one of us get banned.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Both would get punished and either of you joining the server while the other is banned would cause Sourcesleuth to go off doubling the total ban time you'd both have to wait out.

Exceptions can be made depending on the rule breaking scenario, prior punishments and proving you guys are two different people.

Paragon

Foster The People
Both would get punished and either of you joining the server while the other is banned would cause Sourcesleuth to go off doubling the total ban time you'd both have to wait out.

Exceptions can be made depending on the rule breaking scenario, prior punishments and proving you guys are two different people.
Proving wouldnt be much of a problem since we are both vocal in game especially since like i said we altenate days so if he was on i wouldn't be able to get on regardless. Thats why i ask. What do you mean by depending on the rule breaking scenario by the way?

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Proving wouldnt be much of a problem since we are both vocal in game especially since like i said we altenate days so if he was on i wouldn't be able to get on regardless. Thats why i ask. What do you mean by depending on the rule breaking scenario by the way?

Typically, the easiest way to prove you are different people is for both users TO be on at the same time. Stating you can only be on one at-a-time is exactly what someone would say if they were using the "IT WAS MY BROTHER" excuse. I am not suggesting you are lying, and I believe you have a brother who pays here.

Paragon

Foster The People
Typically, the easiest way to prove you are different people is for both users TO be on at the same time. Stating you can only be on one at-a-time is exactly what someone would say if they were using the "IT WAS MY BROTHER" excuse. I am not suggesting you are lying, and I believe you have a brother who pays here.

Heyya, Overkill, pkay, noodleball, melectrome (when it comes to admins) can confirm that he does actually go on, he uses my discord right now and the 5 admins i named have heard him before in a call in the discord chat im in with them and in game. I understand its hard to prove that one is on and not another, such as my account is banned and i use his but not say anything. I can understand the skepticism with all this but again, thats why i asked ahead of time just so there is an understanding.

I just want to have everything ironed and and in stone when it comes to something like this.

(I do plan on having him make a BLW account too btw)

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Well just set him up separately, if problems arise we will evaluate them then. We can't give a blanket answer to cover any particular scenarios right now. Like I said, I believe you when you say he exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom