Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2 deaths in Deathrun.

Wesz

Notably Dangerous
Hi, so me, @Badwater and @suwi had the great idea of having 2 deaths in Deathrun. Which could make Deathrun more interesting, It makes Deathrun more fair to blu team since you can activate multiple traps at the same time and it adds coordination and teamwork. There are some advantages and disadvantages. So what we were thinking was that the first person in the death queue has to type a command to ask the second player in the death queue to play with him or not. If both players accept they will play both as blu's against the others.

- Advantages.

- Teamwork.
- More chances of winning.
- Can rely on teammate (if they roll a killing rtd).
- Fun way to play the game.

-Disadvantages

- Griefing.
- Point system.
- Problem on maps (dr_minigames).

To resolve the griefing part;
If you have 2 blu's on the team free's are not allowed, only when both say it Is or they press a freerun button

To resolve the points;
To fix this issue players should not be able to get points when killing red, only by getting mvp.

To resolve the problem on some maps;
Disable the option of having 2 deaths On this map. because this is like the only map where 2 deaths should not be allowed.

Let me know what you think of this, thanks.

Type Ø Negative

Uncharitable
Staff Member

TØken

Hello all!

To clarify, this idea just came out of the bloom. We have no idea if this has been tried before, but we gave it the benefit of the doubt.

We currently might not have the best solutions to the problems listed up above. We want to hear everything the community had to say to our "brilliant" idea. All constructive criticism is welcome.

We might not go far with this idea, but it's still worth trying.

Mr.Wizard

Truly Feared
Staff Member

Wizyy

I don't see any benefits, but I will stay neutral and open to this suggestion. If we had 2 deaths freeruns would be less seen. Imagine 2 people who hate themselves or they don't care about each other, one would want to have freerun and second might press the buttons.
So what we were thinking was that the first person in the death queue has to type a command to ask the second player in the death queue to play with him or not.
This would make unnecessary delay of the round. Plus people might grief by not accepting unless you want to make it if someone denies it then only 1 blue will play.

If I were new player I would be confused about this how it works etc.
Anyways as I said I'm neutral.

sunstep

Truly Feared
Interesting idea, but I can counter almost all of your positive points about this idea:

Team work: first or second player could disagree with having a normal round and trigger freerun or press all traps. Making griefing still possible. That's also where teamwork could go wrong already.

More chances of winning: some maps are already difficult enough with one death (e.g neonoir, spinner etc. So I think dr_minigames won't be the only map with issues.) This sounds more like a win for blue every time in hard maps. Also note that I'm writing this more in the perspective of an average player and not a regular deathrun player that always carries his team the entire time.

Can rely on team mate: killing rtd's shouldn't exist for blue in the first place, most it'd be useful for is something like blind or frozen.

I only agree that it could be fun for blue, if they DO work together.

Last edited:

Type Ø Negative

Uncharitable
Staff Member

TØken

Imagine 2 people who hate themselves or they don't care about each other, one would want to have freerun and second might press the buttons.
We're aware of this. We haven't looked deeply into this yet. So i'm unable to provide a solid answer.

This would make unnecessary delay of the round. Plus people might grief by not accepting unless you want to make it if someone denies it then only 1 blue will play.
This is true. Griefing would be a big issue ontop of everything else. Since this "idea" isn't refined yet, i'm unable to provide a solution.

If I were new player I would be confused about this how it works etc.
It might be confusing. But the best fix for this would be an info box.

For an example: The info box says something like "<deaths name> wants you to join blu team to help and kill the reds. Do you accept?".

That's pretty much the best the monkey in my head can think of currently.

first or second player could disagree with having a normal round and trigger freerun or press all traps. Making griefing still possible. That's also where teamwork could go wrong already.
This is more than possible. Yet again, no solution yet.

More chances of winning: some maps are already difficult enough with one death (e.g neonoir, spinner etc. So I think dr_minigames won't be the only map with issues.) This sounds more like a win for blue every time in hard maps. Also note that I'm writing this more in the perspective of an average player and not a regular deathrun player that always carries his team the entire time.
For maps like Neonoir and such, the players usually die to the map itself and not the traps. But i don't think it makes it harder. The traps are the same, and so is the terrain. The only thing that'd change is there being a death on the two traps ahead of you. And from the perspective of an average player, i'd say it is the same as playing with one death since the death(s) only activate traps. It might feel like there's only one death because most of the time you aren't able to see them.

Can rely on team mate: killing rtd's shouldn't exist for blue in the first place, most it'd be useful for is something like blind or frozen.
First of all, relying on your teammate if they're someone you might not know might be difficult. Since you don't know anything about them, it's hard to put your trust their hands. But i digress.

The only con i myself see in this is if the your teammate rolls something like smite, frozen, blind, cursed, hell's reach, any other rtd that'd make it harder to play, you should be able to cover for them while they wait for the rtd to wear off.

I only agree that it could be fun for blue, if they DO work together.
This idea does pose some issues with teamwork. But i'm 80% sure there's some sort of answer to this.

Sorry if these answers aren't what you guys expected. I'm at work and it's 0.13 as of writing this, and i don't know how differently Wesz or suwi would've answered. This whole idea feels like a few drunk people came up with it.

pls dont beat me up for my feeble answers

sunstep

Truly Feared
For maps like Neonoir and such, the players usually die to the map itself and not the traps. But i don't think it makes it harder. The traps are the same, and so is the terrain. The only thing that'd change is there being a death on the two traps ahead of you. And from the perspective of an average player, i'd say it is the same as playing with one death since the death(s) only activate traps. It might feel like there's only one death because most of the time you aren't able to see them.
This does not make any sense, there are players who can barely make the map but are still being interfered with by the activator. Now just imagine a second activator. Also in neonoir there is a part where you can't go back anymore, one death could go there while other death remains in the part before it. This is just one example of op things 2 deaths could do. This would be ridiculously overpowered in maps like neonoir.

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
It's a fun ides to think about but seems like a logistical and technical nightmare.

I personally don't think it can work with how fast paced our DR servers are, and the Freerun issue realistically in my head can't be solved unless we ban freeruns entirely.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom