Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1.16 Has Arrived! When Will We Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
So, 1.16 has arrived, but the still server remains 1.15?
Yes. Until our plugins update to 1.16 compatible versions we will be staying in 1.15.

At the moment the Server Package we use "Paper-Spigot", isn't even 1.16 compatible, so we can't even run a 1.16 server.

What To Expect?
When we do update, there will be a short grace period where we update to run on 1.16, but we still use a 1.15 nether. This will be so that you may claim any items that may be stored in this version of the nether. Any gold farms for an example.

This period will run for one (1) week after we update. Once this period has expired, I will be creating a new, Fresh 1.16 Nether for the 1.15 World. The 1.15 world itself will be untouched, as the 1.16 update does nothing to change the overworld, bar the broken portals that generate.

The 1.14 World's Nether will be remaining the same, for those who want to run around in an old nether.

How Long Will We Have To Wait?
No Idea. It's completely out of my hands. As long as it takes for our plugins to update. The main priorities are Factions, the Sign Shop and Multiverse. So it all depends on their creators.

There will plenty of warning before the update takes effect so please be sure to check back here, along with checking the Message of the Day when joining the server, for updates on this.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, please reply to this thead and I'll try to answer as much as I can.

:)

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Can we make a poll for a fresh start? If one is made, make it so it requires a minimum amount of Yes votes, and No votes take away from Yes.

One world, 32k border overworld from 0, 0 (that way chunks line up for claiming). All mcmmo stats reset, inventories reset yadda yadda

You can make a schematic of the store/spawns, or I can just help you write out the signs (I don't know if signs copy text too).

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
overworld from 0, 0 (that way chunks line up for claiming).
Thats not how it works @Cammy lol
The border centers at spawn. And I can't just make spawn at 0,0. I have to find a suitable flat starting area. What if 0,0 is in the middle of the ocean for example or top a massive mountain, it just doesn't work lol :p

You can make a schematic of the store/spawns, or I can just help you write out the signs (I don't know if signs copy text too).
Also spawn won't be changing at all, because it's in a seperate world, that would be unaffected, even if a new 1.16 world was created, I would just create a new portal in the VOID :3

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I think, depending on what the result of the poll is, another poll should be done to determine the specifics of what's done.
MCMMO reset/Ability to carry items over from 1.14/15 to 1.16, carry money over etc etc

I'm personally not fussed about this, but some players will be.

I want my builds to still be there, I want my items to still be there.
If everything gets wiped, i'd loose everything and start from 0.
I would let the 1.14 world get deleted, but let the 1.15 world stay alive.
I just dont like it to start from scratch, I've wasted so much time to build my current base, to get that money and inventory.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Oh, also an extra suggestion regardless of the outcome

Disable endermen natural spawning in the end, or fully. That makes their spawners have actual value since I think I was the only one that purchased them, and then promptly got rid of them

It would, in the case of a new world, also make it much harder to find a fortress early.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

Might as well throw the poll out since some cunt is making alts to skew the votes.

AxelAlex

As cammy said. Just reset it. Hopefully the rigger will just leave after realising this approach won't work, lol.

there are so many bloody alts here. Its clear as dirt that someone is being a selfish cunt trying to stop the reset by creating a massive amount of Alts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom