Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一's Mute appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

Truly Feared

nspire

User name: ʎǝuoɥ ︻デ═一

What is your type of punishment?
Mute

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:57118101

Who has punished you?
SB: 'Daddy' / Pudding

Why were you punished?
Constantly being passive-aggressive towards players, constantly being condescending towards players, constantly provoking players in attempts to get reactions from said players so they get punished / Based on this report: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-honey-2fort.21998/ and https://youtu.be/Z7Q8kqfXyKQ

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I'm going to address reasons given and why this punishment should be revoked:

• constantly being passive aggressive:

"Passive Aggressive - of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation."

I am always frank and blunt. I was never passive aggressive as shown in the evidence given.

The person reporting me and stating in chat: "Honey is not an admin, you can also tell her to mute YOU so she can't see your chat." "that is what she tells others" by your definition could be viewed as passive aggressive and should also be punished. Leading to the premise that everyone who is 'passive aggressive' in the servers should be punished?

Passive Aggressive is not in the rules.

• constantly being condescending:

"having or showing a feeling of patronizing superiority."

Evidence given does not show condescension. My response to somebody about what school they go to is not me being condescending. Context is not seen in the short snippet provided in the YT video by 'Poopego'. If that was the case then the person who said they were going to Princeton was also condescending, and should be punished? In fact, by your definition, in several areas of that said discussion, many people could be viewed as condescending and should be punished.

Condescension is not against the rules.

• constantly provoking players in attempts to get reactions from said players so they get punished

Please show evidence of me 'provoking players to get punished'. If you are basing it on that YT video from poopega, no one was punished. It was in fact a discussion by several players about a multitude of topics. If you are basing my provocation punishment on the 2nd YT video then everyone who has questioned or made hackusations openly in the servers should be punished. However, again, no one was punished, because it was simply a statement about what happened, to which they couldn't answer, and were being passive aggressive with their answer of "cheats" which is provocation too. My comment was not a provocation for punishment.

None of the reasons given for my mute are currently in the rules.

No other players have been punished before for: condescending or passive aggressive.

https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=passive&advType=reason
https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=condescending&advType=reason

To punish someone based on a personality trait would mean that every person who is perceived as condescending or passive aggressive should have been punished. Prior to my punishment it has only been those that are viewed by staff who are openly aggressive and purposefully insulting that are punished; albeit after substantial warnings in the servers. I agree with this - they should.

I understand reports are handled differently which is why there are no warnings for reports and I know warnings are not obligatory, but my point is: there are far more negative behavior in the servers that is not addressed or punished (with other staff present), while I have been punished for my personality. There is no evidence of provocation.

This being the case, why have no other people been punished for their personalities (based purely on why I was punished) and does this mean that it opens it up to so many others being punished for those reasons; punish outside of the rules? How will that be written into the rules? How will it be determined that players are NOT punished for similar acts or even more overt actions.

Why is the punishment escalation different to every other punishment? It went from a 1 hour mute prior punishment to an escalated 3-days. Evidence does not match a typical punishment scale.

How is intent determined if not by perception?

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Howdy.

I've witnessed many discussions regarding you in Discord. It's a popular matter. My wonderment only comes from how this hasn't happened sooner. In short, we feel that you're more of a detriment on the servers than a benefit, and there is no law that holds us to only removing people that strictly break rules.

I do not know of any other player that has had so many reports, complaints and issues with, not just formally. Below is a small list of relevant threads I quickly found, which excludes a great deal of text in Discord, which just gives an idea of how many complaints you receive. Regardless of them being successful, you clearly rub many people the wrong way, and at some point the common denominator should be acknowledged. I have not seen a wide playerbase so unanimous in ackowledging a player to be 'toxic', if you were, or just a misery on the server, so much so that people actively avoid or have moved from the server because of it. Anecdotal bias? Perhaps, but it comes up on my radar more than enough to be an issue, and for a prolonged amount of time.

You might be able to answer your own questions with "Why have I been complained about so much, allowed to bind spam, and be animous to people for so long without being punished yet?".

That said, your mute is only 72 hours, part of which has elapsed already, nor does it impact your ability to play on the servers. It won't be removed, and if there were other members of staff that administered the sanction, it certainly may be have been magnitudes worse than a timed mute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom