Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Zeprus's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:0:78737907

Who has banned you? Benedevil

Why were you banned? Hacking, promoting hacks

Why should we unban you? Because I'm not hacking.
The gif on my profile is a photoshopped version of this video at 00:17 - 00:20.

About the hack promotion:
The gif on my profile is sarcastic and solely based on various hackusations in the past. Its intent is not to promote hacking but make fun of those who accuse me of hacking without solid proof.
I have never mentioned specific names of hacks or promoted hacking in general and I don't plan to either.
And it isn't stated in the rules as well, noone told me the gif on my profile is an issue. If it is I will remove it immediatly.

I have not watched the demos yet as I'm fairly busy but I will do so as soon as possible. If you could provide me suspicious ticks in the meantime I would appreciate it.

While the ban is somewhat flattering I would prefer being able to play on the servers.

Last edited:

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

Just took a sneak peek at my demo, it's a glitchy mess. Could someone post the uncompressed version here please? I hope it's less painful to watch.

Edit: After watching it all the only somewhat suspicious tick I could find is 58500+

Last edited:

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

Since @Benedevil doesn't seem too eager to reply here and this appeal is somewhat dead I'll just post some gameplay I recorded. The longest of these videos was recorded today. Also, there is one deleted video which is 20 minutes raw blackwonder trade footage. I sadly cannot upload it at the moment but I'll update it and add it later.
The shorter clips were created to be send to friends and mostly contain lucky shots, predictions etc.

Edit: Removed the playlist as it's no longer relevant.

Last edited:

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Alright, let me just throw in my thoughts.

You guys @Zeprus and @.puddin' have been quite suspicious to me from the beginning, though I more or less let it pass my attention, since I had other problems to attend and uni at the same time. The amount of complaints I have gotten though, are insane. Not just people that suspect you are using hacks, but also just being rude and trying to tell people what to do and how to be and all in all giving out this aura of trying to be superior than everyone else.

In the case of you @Zeprus, I can't 100% confirm that you are hacking, yet my suspicion is just enhanced by the way you talk about hacks. I mean, how is this not baity at all?

0fdfad0172.png

It is more than obvious that people often refer to script kiddies, people that utilise the hacks made by the actual hackers, when someone talks about a "hacker". It is also very easy for someone to hack the script kiddies, yet there are way way more precautions you have to make before doing so and at the end of the day, why even waste your time on that. (Just a thought on that paragraph)
That's beside my point though.

On a second note, your aforementioned behaviour on the forums hasn't been the best either. I know sometimes you just might want to be honest, but you need to control yourself and word yourself differently at times, so that the message you are trying to convey doesn't just sound plain rude and actually constructive.

As the owner, I just had to jump in in the little dramas that kept being caused for no reason. I really really just don't need that on this forum. I just want a peaceful environment, where people can just accept that sometimes people make mistakes. Of course pointing them out is good, but it should be done in a constructive way. In fact I like criticism, it's what will help me make the community better. But when it just sounds like someone is trying to tell me I'm an incompetent failure, I just don't see why I should even pay attention to someones message.

Drifted off a bit at the end there. That's my rough reasoning for the ban and I will adjust the reason correspondingly.

Have a nice day nonetheless,

Ben

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

I've taken some time to think about your reply and reasoning behind the ban. As you're still not 100% convinced I'm not hacking I can offer you a recording of my hand with the appropriate gameplay. (I did not record this yet so it might take some time setting everything up.)
I've purged my profile and locked my comment section to erase everything implying I might be hacking. I also set the .gif to private.

About
On a second note, your aforementioned behaviour on the forums hasn't been the best either. I know sometimes you just might want to be honest, but you need to control yourself and word yourself differently at times, so that the message you are trying to convey doesn't just sound plain rude and actually constructive.

As the owner, I just had to jump in in the little dramas that kept being caused for no reason. I really really just don't need that on this forum. I just want a peaceful environment, where people can just accept that sometimes people make mistakes. Of course pointing them out is good, but it should be done in a constructive way. In fact I like criticism, it's what will help me make the community better. But when it just sounds like someone is trying to tell me I'm an incompetent failure, I just don't see why I should even pay attention to someones message.

I can see the issue here, even though I always control myself and tried being constructive on multiple occasions. I am sorry that I let it slip a little after getting frustrated with some of the staff members.
However, I feel like a ban from the gameservers, on which I behaved perfectly normal, with occasionally making fun of people that accused me of hacking or were insulting me, seems like an inappropriate punishment to me.

Therefore I have 3 proposals:

Version 1: The gameserver ban gets removed, I get banned from the Forums and I receive a permanent silence.
Version 2: The gameserver ban gets removed and instead I get banned from the forums as they seem to be the main issue here.
Version 3: The gameserver ban gets removed and since I finally know what the actual issue is I'll improve my behaviour and cut down on the snarky comments and sarcasm.

If none of these seem suitable to you that's unfortunate.

Edit: My chatlog on trade.

Last edited:

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I don't believe I've reviewed your demo yet, but what I will say is that the recording is not enough for me as it doesn't prove you haven't used hacks previously. What I would like to request if you come through with this recording is that you also record a demo as well as the actual video, so I can compare it with the other demo and see if the reason you were banned is truly because you were hacking or whether it's just the way demos work. This would make it easier for me to determine if there's a difference between your recorded version and our recorded version.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

The amount of complaints is not worth it imo. And you got frustrated with staff members? You annoyed us with your unneeded provoking comments. Instead of accepting your behavor was unnacceptable you rather put the blame on others. You gave plenty of rude comments out of nowhere. And before you go 'show me evidence', because i cant be bothered to spend so much time to find them ALL back, we have enough admins and members who can confirm this to be true. And you know it.

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

I don't believe I've reviewed your demo yet, but what I will say is that the recording is not enough for me as it doesn't prove you haven't used hacks previously.
If I do as well proven without hacks as I do in your demos, how would it even matter if I hacked there?
What I would like to request if you come through with this recording is that you also record a demo as well as the actual video, so I can compare it with the other demo and see if the reason you were banned is truly because you were hacking or whether it's just the way demos work.
I can do that. However my demo will still be more accurate than your demos as demos are recorded clientsided. The information doesn't have to be send to the server and your client first.

The amount of complaints is not worth it imo.
The amount of complaints for... what? Me being a good sniper? Are you going to ban any decent player from this community now?

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
I've played with you in the past and i'm sure you were an average sniper in skill terms, i can't believe you improved to god-like levels just in a few months (Blank can confirm me this)

I've taught Zeprus how to play, that's why.
Also, are you really willing to take a 15 or 16 year old's word?

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I've taught Zeprus how to play, that's why.
Also, are you really willing to take a 15 or 16 year old's word?

I removed the post a minute before you replied lol.

He confirmed me that Zeprus sniper skills are kind of gold-ugc players, that's why i removed the post
because i prefer to trust a 15 year old pup and not the words of:
cc1bb0e89fb27d0713f308871f524915.png

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
From what I saw, somewhere between your declined application and discord ban you became really passive aggressive towards most of us here.
You were warned several times but nothing changed, this is I believe the first time you say sorry for something and oh boy in what fashion.

The amount of complaints for... what? Me being a good sniper? Are you going to ban any decent player from this community now?
Uhhh..
zeprus01.png

The gameserver ban gets removed and since I finally know what the actual issue is I'll improve my behavior and cut down on the snarky comments and sarcasm.
Yes, you finally know... no one said before that your behavior is problematic right? You should've cut down on your provoking, snarky comments after the first warning instead of bickering until a ban. I didn't look into the hacking part, that demo is too long for me to watch, but I wouldn't lift the ban, you had enough chances to "improve". I just don't know why you have to be provoking in the first place.

Last edited:

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

From what I saw, somewhere between your declined application and discord ban you became really passive aggressive towards most of us here.
You were warned several times but nothing changed, this is I believe the first time you say sorry for something and oh boy in what fashion.

Uhhh..
zeprus01.png

Yes, you finally know... no one said before that your behavior is problematic right? You should've cut down on your provoking, snarky comments after the first warning instead of bickering until a ban. I didn't look into the hacking part, that demo is too long for me to watch, but I wouldn't lift the ban, you had enough chances to "improve".

I've talked to Benedevil in discord and he explained to me what exactly the issues were with my messages. I've said it before, I won't change my behaviour just because a few people dislike it. But I see the issue with it now after talking to Bene, that's why I'm willing to change it now.

Also, you're missing my point there. As the main reason for my ban appears to be the forum behaviour it simply seems illogical to me to ban me from the gameservers for it while on the forums nothing happens. I do understand that hackers get banned from the gameservers instead of the forums but that part of the ban seems resolved due to lacking proof.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
I consider both the forum and the servers part of the community, now if you break rules here, in my opinion it's no different than breaking rules on the game servers. So in my eyes a separate ban is not possible.
The hacking part is not really relevant to me, your past behavior is enough for me to recommend keeping you banned.

Side note, you don't have to answer these questions, this is what went through my head as I read your response:
What do you mean you talked to Ben and he explained to you what the issues with your behavior are? What was there to explain really? What did he say that hasn't been said so far? How is "You gotta stop making provocative comments, dude. That's why things like this happen." not obvious enough? When you saw this did you think "Oh, another person who dislikes my behavior, I wont think through why she does it she's probably wrong anyway"?
I've said it before, I won't change my behaviour just because a few people dislike it.
So, Ben was number what? 6? 20? 55? What's the limit?
Ben probably told you something really similar to what @GRXD [ ᴄʜ ] said and you interestingly understand now. Would you have changed your mind if you talk with someone else instead of Ben?
Did your parents not teach you that constantly provoking people is bad and makes you an asshole? Ben had to explain that to you on discord? This whole thing is just surreal.​

If the hacking part will turn out to be unconvincing and Ben would like to unban you from the game servers separately, I'd recommend to still keep the ban on the forum and on discord + a permanent silence on the servers to make sure stuff like this won't happen again. Cheers.

Last edited:

Zeprus

Uncharitable

Zeprus

Totally forgot I wanted to reply to you Buster. Scusi. I'll not answer to all of your questions but there were a few interesting ones in there.
I consider both the forum and the servers part of the community, now if you break rules here, in my opinion it's no different than breaking rules on the game servers.
I didn't break any rules.
What do you mean you talked to Ben and he explained to you what the issues with your behavior are?
It means I had a somewhat longer conversation with Bene in a private discord chat. He is actually responsive.
What did he say that hasn't been said so far?
This I won't answer since I don't know if it's information I can spread that openly. But I assure you he told me something new that made me think about the whole matter again.
When you saw this did you think "Oh, another person who dislikes my behavior, I wont think through why she does it she's probably wrong anyway"?
I did not. I'm sure everyone has his valid points but I cannot please everyone all the time.
Would you have changed your mind if you talk with someone else instead of Ben?
Yes, if they had brought up the same points.
Ben had to explain that to you on discord?
Any place and anyone would've been suitable to tell me that. But nobody did until now.
I'd recommend to still keep the ban on the forum and on discord + a permanent silence on the servers to make sure stuff like this won't happen again.
That's actually what I wanted to put as Version 1 of my proposals, I edited it now. Thank you.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
I can't justify an unban on the game servers nor can I spare you on the forums anymore. The nasty comments just kept coming and I can't see you controlling your typing. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this, but you are leaving me no choice.
You will be perma banned from the game servers for toxicity, admin disrespect and potential possession of hack clients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom