Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Ze Haminator's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ze Haminator

Username: Ze Haminator

Name
The HamBurber

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? https://tfstats.tf/players/3345969

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here.

U.S. Florida

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:244099636

Your DiscordID
the_burber

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I usually play on jailbreak and x1000 highertower, and i would like to moderate for both of those servers.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I constantly see people spamming slurs in chat, mass freekilling, and generally breaking the rules when there are no staff on at the time. I am frequently on the server when other staff aren't. I feel like i should be allowed to help moderate the server because I am respectful towards others and I am good at defusing heated situations. I am very good at quickly learning new things as well.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
I play it usually on a daily basis, as there aren't really any other games that i find fun.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
My ideal way of punishing players is just like any mod on the server. If they are spamming slurs in chat, gag/mute them. If they are mass freekilling, teamban them. If they are cheating or exploiting, temporarily ban them on their first offense, and if they are caught again then make it permanent. If someone sprays explicit/offensive images, then sprayban them.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I am available usually from 5:00 P.M. to 10:00 P.M. on weekdays, and on weekends i am available until 11:00 P.M.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi, just gonna go over your application real quick

1708748113410.png

Sufficient playtime, active sessions

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? Yes
Your last commblock was 2 days ago

3 prior commblocks
1708748308931.png

2 teambans, and the most recent one was at the beginning of this month
1708748351884.png

Chatlogs are mostly fine but you have a tendency to yell and complain a lot(see below)
I am respectful towards others and I am good at defusing heated situations
1708748668825.png
1708748723228.png

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Section has a good start, but is still lacking, especially for Jailbreak. The gamemode you're applying for has more rules than the one JB-specific one you mentioned

If they are cheating or exploiting, temporarily ban them on their first offense, and if they are caught again then make it permanent.
Cheating is a permanent ban on the first ban, not a temporary one

Some things to consider if you wish to edit your application:
- What would you do if a user is evading a punishment?
- Advertising cheats?
- Calling out undercover staff?

These are just a few basic things, there's a lot more for JB alone.
You also seem to have very aggressive interactions with players. Please remember that toxicity is unacceptable
Lastly, I want to recommend you to start being more active on our forums or at least in the reporting scene. It shows us you want to help the server and helps you familiarize yourself with the rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out. Thanks

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Hi there

As a fellow newbie here who's also moderating one of the servers that you'd like to moderate, I'll also take a look at your mod app.

I have never seen you in-game playing x1000 Highertower, however; we must be playing at different times. From the look of your TFStats, it seems you're more interested in Jailbreak instead of x1000 Highertower due to your sessions. Although, that can be changed depending on how you wanna spend your time. Now moving on towards chat.

Considering these are very recent, I think you should tone your attitude a bit more down considering you're also young too.
logs.png

It takes time for managers to get through the apps so letting you know ahead of time, yours might be sitting here for a while.
logs 2.png

As Seraphina said, your punishment section/ladder is missing a LOT of information, including servers that you want to moderate. That specific section is to SHOW us that you know what to do for that specific punishment.

I will now let the "Jailbreaker's" take it away from what they experience or have seen from you. Although, good luck on the app.

Ze Haminator

Hi there

As a fellow newbie here who's also moderating one of the servers that you'd like to moderate, I'll also take a look at your mod app.

I have never seen you in-game playing x1000 Highertower, however; we must be playing at different times. From the look of your TFStats, it seems you're more interested in Jailbreak instead of x1000 Highertower due to your sessions. Although, that can be changed depending on how you wanna spend your time. Now moving on towards chat.

Considering these are very recent, I think you should tone your attitude a bit more down considering you're also young too.
View attachment 34849

It takes time for managers to get through the apps so letting you know ahead of time, yours might be sitting here for a while.
View attachment 34850

As Seraphina said, your punishment section/ladder is missing a LOT of information, including servers that you want to moderate. That specific section is to SHOW us that you know what to do for that specific punishment.

I will now let the "Jailbreaker's" take it away from what they experience or have seen from you. Although, good luck on the app.
I am sorry for my toxic chatting, its hard to actually realize when you're being toxic until you look back at it. I will try my best to change my tone when chatting in the future. Thank you for reviewing my application and giving me helpful advice.

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi again- this makes the 3rd time someone needs to point out the toxicity in your chatlogs. Your response to Panyo is not very convincing considering that your last 10 pages of chatlogs look very similar to the screenshot below.
its hard to actually realize when you're being toxic until you look back at it
This isn't really an excuse, just an issue with maturity

Let me remind you that we don't condone this kind of behavior from anyone, applicant or not. Please be kinder to others

1709700870707.png

Ze Haminator

Hi again- this makes the 3rd time someone needs to point out the toxicity in your chatlogs. Your response to Panyo is not very convincing considering that your last 10 pages of chatlogs look very similar to the screenshot below.

This isn't really an excuse, just an issue with maturity

Let me remind you that we don't condone this kind of behavior from anyone, applicant or not. Please be kinder to others

View attachment 34933
While my own chatlogs are not the best, i suggest checking the chatlogs of the user "hotdog2" (https://steamcommunity.com/id/hdog2) as he was being extremely self-absorbed, and saying that he was better than everyone else. His own chatting could be considered very toxic, which is against the Blackwonder rules.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This is not the report section, this is your application where we would like to see you behave consistently and ideally respectfully regardless of who you are talking to on the servers

PanYo

Spectacularly Lethal
Staff Member
Hi there yet again

While my own chatlogs are not the best, i suggest checking the chatlogs of the user "hotdog2" (https://steamcommunity.com/id/hdog2) as he was being extremely self-absorbed, and saying that he was better than everyone else.
This whole process of you being a mod is mainly focused on YOU and ONLY YOU. As what per Viking said, this is not a report section, its a Mod Application. Regarding the fact you didn't listen to Seraphina, after she told you to not engage with them,

YOU
ham.png

DIDN'T

LISTEN
hot.png

His own chatting could be considered very toxic, which is against the Blackwonder rules.
I was present there and it didn't need to warrant a gag considering you 2 chose to go back and forth with each other. If anything, possibly a warning would've done you both some good to prevent you both from going after each other.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The chat logs are still going, but if the applicant can't be bothered to at least try to improve, I can't be bothered to screenshot them nor can I be bothered to leave a proper application review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom