Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Yet another Beggars Bazooka x100/x1000 thread

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
We don't really need another one, but due to the attachment, here we go again. As far as x100 and x1000 goes, the Beggars Bazooka is an ineffective weapon that is only useful for three things. 1: Generating massive amounts of health with Gunboats so you can maybe go on a melee tear with the Zatoichi/Escape Plan/Equalizer. 2: Camping outside one of the enemy spawn doors hoping to get a kill with exploded reloads or just regular firing. 3: Crashing the server.

The real problem here is that in going for use 1 or 2, you're contributing to use 3. As far as I'm aware, this is the only weapon that can even cause a crash. I've never had a problem with any other weapon, and I have a pretty beefy computer, and this thing still creates problems on the server. Supposedly, the server will remove projectiles above a certain limit to prevent lag/crashing, but that clearly doesn't work. (EDIT: Yes, technically the Grenade Launcher and Force-A-Nature can cause problems as well, but as far as I've seen the FaN was fixed except on low-end hardware, and the GL is also only a problem on lower-end hardware. Neither cause significant problems to the server itself.)

I don't claim to know anything about game balance, or really have a suggestion for how to fix this beyond simply removing what is primarily a troll weapon. All I know is that due to this coming up pretty often, something should be done. As I'm writing this, I actually crashed due to someone doing this while trying to gather evidence for reports.

Screenshot 1 is the more recent "suggestion" from #requesthelp on Discord to put forth an idea for a change here on the forums. Screenshot 2 is of multiple forums posts made about it already, and screenshot 3 is multiple complaints made in #requesthelp on the Discord.

So, if I have to put forth a suggestion, disable the weapon until a more reasonable solution can be found. As it is, the weapon provides very little upside for using it at the massive cost of crashing the server for multiple other players.

Attachments

• BBBWsuggest.png
    BBBWsuggest.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 89
  • BBBWsuggest2.png
    BBBWsuggest2.png
    193.2 KB · Views: 98
  • BBBWsuggest3.png
    BBBWsuggest3.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

1: Generating massive amounts of health with Gunboats so you can maybe go on a melee tear with the Zatoichi/Escape Plan/Equalizer. 2: Camping outside one of the enemy spawn doors hoping to get a kill with exploded reloads or just regular firing. 3: Crashing the server.
this is all genuinely part of the 1000x tf2 experience. no joke.
The server crashing can probably be controlled as some servers implement a cap on the amount of projectiles that can exist at one time (and i think we probably use that too already?)
the healing and camping is just a product of how the gamemode flows and in the same way soldier has the beggar's other classes have their own unique bizarre interactions

DaggerSable

Bodyshot Machine
Staff Member
Admin
The health and gateblock examples are not negatives. Those are two legitimate uses of the weapon, which is why I listed them. They're the only two good ways to utilize the weapon, as far as I'm aware. I'm saying that those two uses don't hold up against the major negative here, which is the crashing. They contribute to it.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Honestly, the problems x1000 is generating with the entity limit, it's just easier to nuke the server and move on...

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom