Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending Yakub's Moderator Application

Yakub

Yakub

Username: Yakub

Name
Yakub

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes, I do, 18d 11h (16.12.)

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/6354592

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:74159484

Your DiscordID
yakubx

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Dodgeball arena by Clanwars.cz, long time ago (8-9 years ago)

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
EU Dodgeball - 157.90.177.48:27030

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I am applying for the moderator position due to my deep commitment to the dodgeball, the one and only server where I play, BlackWonder. I've been an active member of the community for a considerable time (since 2013). I am dedicated to fair play, understanding the importance of consistent, fair rule enforcement and ofcourse responsibility. With personal experience, I can (I’d say) effectively resolve conflicts, maintain a positive environment as best, as I can. I am very active, familiar with all rule violations, and can promptly address it. Also one important thing, I treat everyone the same. Also in the later hours when I play, there might not be any moderator on the server. (Usually is needed)

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
Ricky :3
Silorak
Barrack Obama - Michael
Adveno
Nebula

How often do you play TF2?
Every day for several hours

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Rocket Stealing

• 1st time: Warn
• 2nd: Warn + Slay
• 3rd: 2hr ban
• 4th: 1day ban
• 5th: 3day ban
• 6th: 5day ban
• 6th: 1 week ban
• 7th: 2 weeks ban
• 8th: 1 month ban
• 9h: Permanent ban

Teamkilling
• 1st time: Warn + Slay
• 2nd: Kick
• 3rd: 1h ban
• 4th: 12 h ban
• 5th: 1 d ban
• 6th: 3 d ban
• 7th: 7 d ban
• 8th: 1 Month ban
• 9th: Permanent ban

Blocking the rocket

• 6th: 3 d ban
• 7th: 5 d ban
• 8th: 7 d ban
• 9th: 1 Month ban
• 10th: Permanent ban

Delaying the round / rtd abuse

• 2nd: Slay + another warn
• 3rd: Kick
• 4th: 1 h ban
• 5th: 4 h ban
• 6th: 12 h ban
• 7th: 1 d ban
• 8th: 3 d ban
• 9th: 7 d ban
• 10th: 1 Month ban
• 11th: Permanent ban
(I would also remove the obstacle (sentry, dispenser), that is blocking the rocket)

Cross sniping enemies
• 1st time: Slay + Warn
• 6th: 5 dban
• 7th: 7 d ban
• 8th: 1 Month ban
• 9th: Permanent ban

General Server Rules

Voice / Chat Punishments (This really depends on what transgression the person committed)

• 2nd: 30 m gag/mute
• 3rd: 2 h gag/mute
• 4th: 12 h gag/mute
• 5th: 1 d gag/mute
• 6th: 3 d gag/mute
• 7th :1 week gag/mute
• 8th: 1 month gag/mute
• 9th: Permanent gag/mute

NSFW Sprays
Permanent spray ban

Hacking / Cheating
Permanent ban - (of course with the video evidence))

!calladmin abuse
• 2nd: 1 h ban
• 3rd: 12 h ban
• 4th: 24 h ban
• 5th: 1 week ban
• 6th: 1 month ban
• 7th : Permanent ban

Evading of Punishment
• 1st: 12 h ban
• 2nd: 1 d ban
• 3rd: 1 Week ban
• 4th: 1 Month ban
• 5th: Permanent Ban

Donator Abuse
Removal of the donor perks + 7d ban

Exploiting
• 3rd: 1 h ban
• 4th: 4 h ban
• 5th: 12 h ban
• 6th: 1 d ban
• 7th: 3 d ban
• 8th: 7 d ban
• 9th: 1 Month ban
• 10th: Permanent ban

The length of the punishment truly depends on the individual's response, position, etc.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I haven’t been very active on BW discord and forums so far, but that would definitely change. I’m a friendly, reliable, honest person that treats everyone the same way. I am experienced with the responsibility of being staff. Also I'm experienced with the donator commands, I’m trying to be an active donator as well. Additionally, I used to be main admin on a Minecraft server 2 years ago. Hope you at least consider my application, thank you for your attention and have a beautiful evening. :)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Czech, Slovakian

Michael

Strange
Staff Member

Chill

Hi!
So first of all as always, it is nice to see a dodgeball application.
1705510026967.png
A okay

2. Aplication looks nice. About the examples of way of punishing players - Looks great
Rocket stealing - Dont forget that this is forbidden only in EU servers
Asweel you mentioned the recent rule "Cross-sniping player". - I hope you know what the rule stands for! (Some might not know)
-- It is great to record a demo on every situation that occurs - less stress by having a solid evidence.
3. You mentioned that you are a active donator ---- Initialized vote 5 times since "2020 - today" --- Valid reasons except for two that i question myself why --- First
Vote initialized by: Yakub (STEAM_0:0:74159484). Reason: idk ---- Thursday 4th of January 2024 07:54:22 PM
Second ---
Vote initialized by: Yakub (STEAM_0:0:74159484). Reason: kokot / Monday 6th of June 2022 03:16:54 PM
4. Your chatlog is not the best Ive seen - you were tended to say racial slurs against Gipsy - but as i know you, you werent targetting anyone specific but still.
5. No Bans/comms on your name recorded, aswell no warning.

Now I just want to say that I always had a good time playing with you, you seem mature and resposible honest person.
It would be awesome having a new staff partner to work with that I can speak in my native language.

I wish you goodluck on your application and have a great rest of the day!

Last edited:

Yakub

Yakub

Hi Seraphina,

Yes, I did get a gag, and it was for "insulting in a foreign language." I explained it to Ricky, but he insists on his point. With a long-time friend, we were just teasing each other, cannot even be "insulting" in my opinion, I don't know how your friendships work in real life, but such "remarks" are not unusual, and I've never had anyone complain about it on any server I have ever played on. Even an unnamed moderator from your staff who speaks the same native language didn't mind it and had no issue with it.
The N-word is common in the chat, and it doesn't even result in a gag, at least that's been my experience. Even when a moderator/admin is on the server, there's no punishment for it. It seems a bit unfair to me. Next time, I would at least ask for a warning, as I didn't receive any, and I got gagged the following day when I was offline. (Without any explanation until I asked for it.)
I understand that even if I were right and you agreed with my marks, you would still be on Ricky's side. That's why I've decided not to appeal in any way because it would just be a waste of time. I also understand that the "gag" I received is incompatible with performing the role of a moderator. I don't know if that was Ricky's intention as well, but that doesn't matter now.

Ricky :3

Somewhat Threatening
Staff Member
Hi Seraphina,

Yes, I did get a gag, and it was for "insulting in a foreign language." I explained it to Ricky, but he insists on his point. With a long-time friend, we were just teasing each other, cannot even be "insulting" in my opinion, I don't know how your friendships work in real life, but such "remarks" are not unusual, and I've never had anyone complain about it on any server I have ever played on. Even an unnamed moderator from your staff who speaks the same native language didn't mind it and had no issue with it.
The N-word is common in the chat, and it doesn't even result in a gag, at least that's been my experience. Even when a moderator/admin is on the server, there's no punishment for it. It seems a bit unfair to me. Next time, I would at least ask for a warning, as I didn't receive any, and I got gagged the following day when I was offline. (Without any explanation until I asked for it.)
I understand that even if I were right and you agreed with my marks, you would still be on Ricky's side. That's why I've decided not to appeal in any way because it would just be a waste of time. I also understand that the "gag" I received is incompatible with performing the role of a moderator. I don't know if that was Ricky's intention as well, but that doesn't matter now.
Hello Yakub. I understand you might be frustrated but we generally do not allow insulting in chat and especially not any kind of racism. If you want to insukt your friends, thats fine but please do it off the servers.

"Next time, I would at least ask for a warning, as I didn't receive any, and I got gagged the following day when I was offline."

You might not have been watching the chat but i did warn you in chat when i noticed you were insulting.
I had to get a different moderator to translate your chatlogs before i could give you the punishment, thats why you got it so late afterwards.

I hope this cleared things up.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom