Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved x50 1.7.4 Bug (cp_orange)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
So, I recently found a new bug.
Changing class in the spawn will kill you, you will lose points as well.

If think this should be fixed, because losing points just for changing classes is quite annoying.
Thanks.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
@Noodl cuz TFS related.

As far as the actual issue, I don't think Noodl can do anything about it except disable point loss on suicide which would in turn cause people to slay themselves when they get in a tough situation to avoid losing points.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
It can be fixed by editing the map and adding the area when changing class won't kill players. I know a very nice video showing how to do it:

Paragon

Foster The People

Paragon

Noodl should just reset the points if losing points is a concern, cant lose points if you dont have any lmao.

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

The code I added to fix this ages ago won't deduct points if you suicide inside a func_spawnroom entity, (off the top of my head, haven't looked at it in ages and it was a small snippet) so it's a problem with cp_orange being badly designed, not TFStats, as I can't account for every single edge case. Worst comes to worst I'll do what I do in VectorAFK as a fallback.

Herotroll

Mildly Menacing
Oh, thank you so much!
Since the problem is known now and will be fixed, this thread should be flagged as
Resolved.

Last edited:

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I added a func_respawnroom entity. Just need to wait for bene to upload the map.

Thank you for reporting the problem!

Attachments

• cp_orange_x3_bfix.bsp
    3.2 MB · Views: 320

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
It didn't even tell me that I had a mention...
@Alex™ x50 uses a custom map that we made to make sure people couldn't just jump out of the map as far as I remember.
So the x3_bfix, isn't the correct one as far as I can remember??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom