Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Willy's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy

Unremarkable
User name: Willy

Name
Willy

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:76250625

Your DiscordID
-Willy-#4877

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I've managed on many servers throughout my years from being a staff member and it includes a multitude of communities from many other games. I was a Director on a FiveM community called "Sunshine State Roleplay" where I basically maintain the flow of players, hire staff, report to the owners and make sure everyone is where they are supposed to be. After FiveM I then decided to move to Garry's Mod where I picked up LUA quite well and decided to join a massive Garry's Mod Roleplay Community called "GamingLight", where I was apart of the Management Team(Super Admin+) where I was a Super Admin on their servers. My goal was to look over the Admin's and Moderators while trying to get a healthy content through the community and making sure everyone is being safe and having fun at the same time. I previously was a Staff Member on some TF2 Trading Servers about 7+ years ago, but I'll be honest, I was no where to being a mature staff member at the time due to my age/voice. But my most notable server's being managed on were GamingLightRP and Sunshine State RP! *Note* I am an old school Team Fortress 2 player and started off so young playing Team Fortress Classic I was sharing an account with my brother in the 2000s, I've recently come back to TF2 because I've realized it's the game for me and will always be.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?

Blackwonder US Trade Servers (Minecraft)

Blackwonder Deathrun Servers (Non BR)

Blackwonder Minecraft World Server (US Servers)

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I just can't seem to ever have enough of TF2, I started playing back when Classic was out and I was hooked ever since TF2 came out on Steam. I still enjoy making friends, playing, trading and having a fun time overall with lots of wonderful people! I especially have a wonderful time on this community due to the fact the Playerbase is active, friendly and always willing to help out if needed. Staff Members are very active throughout the community and they are here to make sure that all of us have a safe and awesome time! I'd love to be apart of the process of what makes this community so great and help the community maintain a healthy stream of content through the Discord Server and the Game Servers. People always have this misconception about Staff which is that they are here to just ban and kick people because they have the power too. I believe Staff is the glue to what the community holds on to because Staff are supposed to help out new members find their way in our community, keep out the rule breakers and help them understand the rules better so they don't get in trouble again and of course make sure everyone is having fun and being safe! Communities truly never want to ban someone so they get rid of that person, they are here to as well to teach about the rules if that User has not already read the rulebook. I'm a huge people person and I love staffing on a community I care about because I'm able to work with my buddies while meeting new people and hearing their stories. I as well think I can bring a lot of ideas to the table when it comes to staff related issues due to my vast experience in staffing in many games over a span of many years. I dealt with every possible case you could think of and I have an open mindset when it comes to these situations. With this experience I hope to bring it over to Blackwonder if you choose to accept me and use it for the better of the community!

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members?
*EDIT* 3/19/2020 (After playing the server for a good amount of time, I've talked to many staff Members and built a great Connection with them!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vix(Saylen)
H3 (Big Chungus)
Console
Four(Puddin)
Herald
CashPrizes
Bouch
Yuukii

When are you usually available to play?
*UPDATE* 3/18/2020

Due to Covid-19 spread, I'll be on every single day about the entire day. My university recently shut completely down and we are moving towards Online Classes. These online classes will take up at most 2 hours out of a couple days of the week. So for the foreseeable future, my schedule has massively freed up.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
PUNISHMENTS
----------------------
TRADE Server/ General

------------

Inappropriate Spray -

If the Spray breaks our Rules, I will ask the user to please change or delete the spray and if said user does not listen, then it will result in a permanent spray ban.

------------

Racism/Homophobic:

Warn User, 1 day Mute/Gag , 3 day Mute/Gag , 1 week Mute/Gag , 3 week Gag, Permanent Mute/Gag

------------

Text Spam:

Warn User, 1 hour gag, 4 hour gag, 12 hour gag 1 day Gag , 3 day gag, 1 week Gag , 3 week Gag, Permanent Mute/Gag

------------

Advertisements for Hacks - Permanent Gag/Mute

------------
Exploit - (Tell User to stop, then Report Immediately to Higher Command/Developers)

Warn User, 12 hour Ban, 1 day ban, 4 day ban, 1 week ban, 3 week ban, Perma Ban

------------

Disrespect towards other players and Staff Members:

Warn User, 4 hour mute/gag, 1 day mute/gag, 4 day mute/gag, 1 week mute/gag, 3 week mute/gag, Perma Gag/Mute

------------

Hacking:

If enough evidence is gathered to come to the conclusion that the person is hacking then it will be a Perma Ban.

------------

User Abusing !Calladmin Function:

Warn User, 1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 3 week ban, Perma ban

------------

Not having a proper microphone (Bad Mic):

Warn User to fix their microphone, 1 hour mute, 4 hour mute, 1 day mute, 3 day mute, 1 week mute, 3 week mute, Perma Mute until they prove they've fixed their issue by appealing.

------------

Griefing:

Warn User to Stop, 1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban , 3 day ban, 1 week ban , 3 week ban , Perma Ban

------------

DEATHRUN PUNISHMENTS:

------------

Ghosting:

Warn the User, 1 hour gag/mute, 4 hour gag/mute, 12 hour gag/mute, 1 day gag/mute, 3 day gag/mute, 1 week gag/mute, 3 week gag/mute, Perma Gag/Mute

------------

Delaying Rounds:

Warn the User, Slay,1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 8 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 3 week ban, Perma Ban

------------

Fakerun:

Warn/Slay User,1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 8 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 3 week ban, Perma Ban

------------
Suicide as death:

Tell User that /drtoggle is a thing and warn, 1 hour ban, 4 hour ban, 8 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 3 week ban, Perma Ban
------------
Calling out undercover Admin:

Warn the User, 6 hour ban, 12 hour ban, 1 day ban, 3 day ban, 1 week ban, 1 month ban, Perma ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Back in 2016-ish, I ran my own Rust Server that was quite popular. Had about 350 active members in the Teamspeak and it was going well. Eventually one day, I had to ban my Server Manager as he was selling Donator Ranks for 50%+ off and different packages for a huge discount to pocket the money. I did not know of this and quite frankly shocked that my right hand man was doing this behind my back. This led to me having to Remove him and Perma Ban him from my Community which led to a community uprising by his friends. As they were revolting, I found out later that the Server Manager knew about 50+ people because he was IRL friends with them in High School. They threatened the worst upon me, DDOSING me, hacking my email and many other horrific things. Back then I had valuable TF2 items and they decided to report me for scamming/phishing on Steam so I would get Trade Banned and the items would be trade locked, even paying other accounts that played TF2 to report me. This onslaught led to about 1-2.5 years of constant attacks until eventually I contacted Steam Support about them having Bots report my account, they eventually dealt with the dozens of accounts harassing me by Hard-IP Banning them and finally after a long road, I was finally free. So as of now a couple years, I've been safe and my account was never punished in any way shape or form. Thank you for reading and understanding everybody. - Willy (If you need proof, I still have emails from them threatening me)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Romanian, Moldovan

Last edited:

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
Hey there :)
So, you're application is very nicely laid out, detailed and you've answered all the questions.

Which servers have you previously managed?
I was a Director on a FiveM community called "Sunshine State Roleplay"
Garry's Mod Roleplay Community called "GamingLight"
I had a chat with the Head of Staff for GamingLightRP who can confirm this along with a clean record, which is good :)

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Blackwonder US Trade Servers

Blackwonder Deathrun Servers
Deathrun always needs more lads, always good.

Not knowing any staff doesn't help, but also isn't bad so no losses there.

Your punishments list overall is looking good, but is missing a few points. Something to look into.

You have no communication or server bans and your chat logs are clean which is all good.

-----

Overall looking good. But you need to edit your punishments as stated above. You were missing some points, including "Calling out Under-cover Admins". But apart from that, all else looks good.
I do wish you well in your application, hope it goes well.

Willy

Unremarkable
Hey there :)
So, you're application is very nicely laid out, detailed and you've answered all the questions.

I had a chat with the Head of Staff for GamingLightRP who can confirm this along with a clean record, which is good :)

Deathrun always needs more lads, always good.

Not knowing any staff doesn't help, but also isn't bad so no losses there.

Your punishments list overall is looking good, but is missing a few points. Something to look into.

You have no communication or server bans and your chat logs are clean which is all good.

-----

Overall looking good. But you need to edit your punishments as stated above. You were missing some points, including "Calling out Under-cover Admins". But apart from that, all else looks good.
I do wish you well in your application, hope it goes well.

Thanks for the critique on my application! I have fixed the Punishment Section where I've added the "Calling out Undercover Admin"!

Willy

Unremarkable
EDIT 3/10/2020:

I've updated my punishment section to where I have all the punishments over an hour

Added specification to what server's I'd like to moderate

Added Minecraft World to my list of servers to moderate

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
Hello,
A few things I'm gonna say about this, the layout and length of this is great and reading it everything looks good but back in the days when I played on Gaming Light I remember all the admins being toxic to everyone and abusing their powers which is a problem to me (I'm not saying that YOU do either of those it's just what I've seen from that communitys staff).

Willy

Unremarkable
Hello,
A few things I'm gonna say about this, the layout and length of this is great and reading it everything looks good but back in the days when I played on Gaming Light I remember all the admins being toxic to everyone and abusing their powers which is a problem to me (I'm not saying that YOU do either of those it's just what I've seen from that communitys staff).
You're actually 100% right, there were problems with a Community Manager a few years back where he was accepting really bad staff members and it was a whole drama ordeal that ended up him getting banned. But while my staffing career at Gaminglight, I actually had the most amount of staff Reports on the staff team while I was Staff. I managed to get up to 11 staff reports I believe and all of them resulted in a punishment (Strike, Removal, Warn, Demotion). Then at the point where I got Junior Management, I could go straight to the Manager and I could deal with them directly.

Yuuki

Uncharitable

Furina

Snooze
You're actually 100% right, there were problems with a Community Manager a few years back where he was accepting really bad staff members and it was a whole drama ordeal that ended up him getting banned. But while my staffing career at Gaminglight, I actually had the most amount of staff Reports on the staff team while I was Staff. I managed to get up to 11 staff reports I believe and all of them resulted in a punishment (Strike, Removal, Warn, Demotion). Then at the point where I got Junior Management, I could go straight to the Manager and I could deal with them directly.
I sorta stopped playing there after I got banned for what THEY wanted to call "NITRP and RDM" after they raided my house :p so I don't know what had been changed but I'll take your word for it.

Willy

Unremarkable
UPDATE: 3/18/2020
- Due to Covid-19 concerns, I've updated the "When can you get on" column of the application. Overall, my playtime will significantly increase in the foreseeable future.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy Willy,
Figured I'd review your app since its been up for a while. Good to see some positive interest in both DR and Trade servers ;p
Priors: Nothing here. Always good.
Logs: These look clean as well.
Punishment Ladders: Some of these are odd. I'll leave the DR punishments for another staff member, but there are still some issues.
Racism/Homophobic:

Warn User, 1 hour mute/gag, 3 hours mute/gag, 1 day Ban w/ 3 day Mute/Gag ,1 week Ban w/ 3 week Gag/Mute, Permanent Mute/Ban/Gag (Depending on Severity)

------------

Voice Chat/Chat Spam:

Warn User, 1 hour mute/gag, 3 hour mute/gag, 1 day Ban w/ 2 day gag/mute, 1 week Ban w/ 3 week gag/mute, Permanent Mute/Ban/Gag (Depending on Severity)
We don't ban people for offenses in voice/text chat, with the sole exception of impersonating staff. Racism also generally starts at a 1 day punishment.
User Abusing !Calladmin Function:

Warn User, 1 hour mute/gag, 3 hour mute/gag, 1 day mute/gag, 3 day mute/gag, 1 week mute/gag, 3 week mute/gag, Perma Mute/Gag
Calladmin abuse is a ban, as being gagged/muted doesn't prevent the player from using it.
Not having a proper microphone (Bad Mic):

Warn User to fix their microphone, 1 hour mute/gag, 4 hour mute/gag, 1 day mute/gag, 3 day mute/gag, 1 week mute/gag, 3 week mute/gag, Perma Mute/Gag until they prove they've fixed their issue by appealing.
Why would you gag someone for having a bad mic?
Griefing:

Warn User to Stop, 1 hour mute/gag, 3 hour mute/gag, 1 day ban w/ 3 day mute/gag, 3 day ban w/ 1 week mute/gag, 1 week ban w/ 2 week mute/gag, 3 week ban w/ 1 month mute/gag, Perma Mute/Gag/Ban
Griefing is a ban, no gagging/muting is necessary.
Overall, your increments look alright, just try and keep in mind that you shouldn't "multi-layer" punishments, repeat offenders get a length increase, not a different punishment type.
Conclusion: You don't seem toxic or malicious, but your punishments generally don't seem to fit the crime in a lot of instances. I recommend fixing the ladders and familiarizing yourself with our rules a bit more. Good luck.

Willy

Unremarkable
Howdy Willy,
Figured I'd review your app since its been up for a while. Good to see some positive interest in both DR and Trade servers ;p
Priors: Nothing here. Always good.
Logs: These look clean as well.
Punishment Ladders: Some of these are odd. I'll leave the DR punishments for another staff member, but there are still some issues.

We don't ban people for offenses in voice/text chat, with the sole exception of impersonating staff. Racism also generally starts at a 1 day punishment.
Calladmin abuse is a ban, as being gagged/muted doesn't prevent the player from using it.

Why would you gag someone for having a bad mic?

Griefing is a ban, no gagging/muting is necessary.
Overall, your increments look alright, just try and keep in mind that you shouldn't "multi-layer" punishments, repeat offenders get a length increase, not a different punishment type.
Conclusion: You don't seem toxic or malicious, but your punishments generally don't seem to fit the crime in a lot of instances. I recommend fixing the ladders and familiarizing yourself with our rules a bit more. Good luck.

Oh Jeez, looking at all these mistakes you actually found I feel completely stupid xD. I think I spent such a long time on the punishment ladder that I just made mistakes that I couldn't see because I was fixing them and reading on the rules to make sure I didn't mess up. I'll fix these right away, they are some pretty silly mistakes. Another reason the ladder is messed up is because I copied and pasted what I had in the other punishment ladders topics and changed the numbers but I didn't change the Words like Gag,Mute or Ban. Thanks for the input, I'll fix it ASAP.

Last edited:

Willy

Unremarkable
UPDATE 3/19/2020

- Fixed what Cold Knights added into his reply, the reason towards those confusing punishments was due to the fact I was copy pasting as a template from my first punishment and I didn't change the Punishment Type on some of them but I did for the amount of time for the punishment.

- Finally added Staff Members that I know or have talked to in this community on my application!

Willy

Unremarkable
Greetings, Willy.
Since I don't really moderate Deathrun, I'll only be commenting on the Trade Server side of things.

This should be a perma sprayban, not a server ban.

Asides from that, we don't really do 3-6 hour bans/mutes/gags; they generally go from 1/2 hours up to 12/24.
These points, obviously, can be worked on if you do get accepted.

Having played with the applicant, I can definitely say that he's staff material.
+ Clean chat logs
+ No priors
- Bad at Sniper
+ Previous Admin experience

Best of luck with your application.
Everyone is a bad sniper against you ?, I've killed you a good 5 times out of our 3400 sniper encounters.

Squidmane™

Woomy!
Staff Member
Admin
Hey Willy
I took a look at your deathrun rules and I found nothing wrong with them and you seem to have good knowledge about the deathrun rules which is good.

Anyways good luck with your application!

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy again,
Just dropping by to comment on your new set of ladders. A majority of the issues have been addressed, however a couple of small problems remain.
Racism/Homophobic:

Warn User, 1 day Mute/Gag , 3 day Mute/Gag ,1 week Mute/.Gag , Permanent Mute/Ban/Gag (Depending on Severity)

------------

Text Spam:

Warn User, 1 hour gag, 4 hour gag,12 hour gag 1 day Gag ,3 day gag, 1 week Gag , Permanent Mute/Ban/Gag (Depending on Severity)
You should never have to ban someone for breaking either of these rules. Unless their Steam name is racist or they're command spamming, a gag or a mute will suffice. Also, a permanent punishment after a week is quite a jump, I'd recommend adding some steps in between that, as you've done with your other punishments.
Other than that, with your DR ladders being deemed acceptable, I see no other outstanding issues aside from what I mentioned (Puddin also seems to have a positive opinion of you, which counts for something, I guess :/).

Willy

Unremarkable
Howdy again,
Just dropping by to comment on your new set of ladders. A majority of the issues have been addressed, however a couple of small problems remain.

You should never have to ban someone for breaking either of these rules. Unless their Steam name is racist or they're command spamming, a gag or a mute will suffice. Also, a permanent punishment after a week is quite a jump, I'd recommend adding some steps in between that, as you've done with your other punishments.
Other than that, with your DR ladders being deemed acceptable, I see no other outstanding issues aside from what I mentioned (Puddin also seems to have a positive opinion of you, which counts for something, I guess :/).

I appreciate the catch on those two Punishment Ladders, I completely forgot to add a punishment in between 1 week and Perma!

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
Since you added me(Bouch) as a staff member you know, I wanted to add my opinion.

You are kind towards others and you seem to be "popular" on the US Trade servers.
I can also see that you have adjusted your application and used the feedback you got from staff members, which shows me you would be a nice person to cooperate with.

I wish you luck with your application.

Willy

Unremarkable
UPDATE 4/5/2020

-Added Yuukii to my list of Staff Members I've talked to/known.

Vix

Somewhat Threatening
Not much to be said/added to regarding the actual application, but what I can say about you is that almost all if not all my interactions with you and your interactions with the community have been friendly, you've never appeared to be toxic and seem to genuinely like and want to be apart of the community, even warning individuals who are breaking rules and informing me of them.

All in all I wish you luck on your application!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom