Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Why can't you mute people

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You can mute whoever you want on any server, it is an in-game feature that you can access from the menu.

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
The in-game mute (what Buster said) is only voice, if I recall correctly.
If you don't want to see their chat, you'd have to gag them and that's only possible if you're a donator or an admin.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You can't disable chat messages anywhere. Why would you think this is something that we have come up with?

Daddy Puddin'

Truly Feared
You sure? I've Muted few people on The servers & on Causal and its blocked both their voice comms & Text Chat

Yeah, I just read the wiki and, supposedly, they changed how it works.
Not sure why it isn't working for the OP on Blackwonder servers.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Assuming this is about the donor function.

If you successfully made a votemute on someone, it's only going to make them unable to SPEAK with a microphone. And if it's in Jailbreak, a "TBan" from Blu.

But they still are able to type, you would have to votegag them if you don't want to allow them to communicate through typing.

If this is literally about the ingame menu, then I can't help you with that. Check the updates on TF2.

Derpsalot blw.tf

Notably Dangerous
Ok, so me and Qball did a lil' test to see what would happen if you mute someone through the menu. Not only does it mute the voice of the person, but it also gags the person in text chat. Just a lil' fun fact for ya.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom