Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Where have I been?

Paragon

Foster The People
For about a month ive wanted to make this post simply to give an update of where have i been and what i have been doing since at the time i didnt want to make a big deal about it back in August but over time and hints ive left across BLW and my steam profile its been made clear that i was gone because i finally left to do Army basic training like i said i would on my admin app too, i just didn't state when i was leaving at the time. The date i was returning was made clear when i added "(december 13th)" to my username on steam. From the letters ive recieved from my brother keeping me up to date with BLW and discord, with the times i had my phone, a lot more people were happy to hear i was returning which was awesome.

There are 5 phases to what i was doing. There is basic training (lasting 9 weeks) which is,
Red
White
Blue
AIT having 2 (which is training more around your job in the army)
Black
Gold
AIT can last (From all the jobs ive heard) 10-22 weeks. What i did was OSUT (One Station Unit Training) meaning you stay in one location since the AIT portion is smaller, this is usually seen with combat jobs. (My job being a Tanker).

As for what you do. (Bear with me im going off of what i remember from each phase.
(Red Phase)
Issued an M4 Carbine (Relative to M4A1)
Obstacle courses
Land navigation
Gas chamber
Timmed events
4k ruck march which is a long walk (about 2 miles)
Field care and learning how to carry others around if needed
8k ruck march (about 4 miles) and being intoduced to a Ruck Sack, a specially designed backpack made to carry massive ammounts of weight (about 40lbs i carried at this time) after the 8k FTX1 (Fieldtraining exercise) which consists of learning how to,
Low Crawl
High Crawl
Group Movements
Reacting to mortar strikes.
(FTXs are generally the end of a phase)

(White phase)
Focusing all around the M4 you go out to ranges and fire it practicing and trying to perfect it to qualify with it, during all this you go to simulations as well before the next step in live firing. On the side you might to combative related lessons learning a bit on how to defend yourself when upfront.
Intoduced to the M240B, M249 SAW machine guns and M320 Grenade launcher (Basically a noobtube is what i was firing)
FTX2 was suppose to last 2 days with you sleeping in the woods for night but the hurricane shut down post for a day forcing it to be cut to 1 day, meaning the ruck march was split in the morning and night so i have no memory if it was a 10k or 12k.

(Blue Phase)
Nic (Night infiltration couser) which is live fire above your head.
Firing an M240B and M249 SAW machine gun.
Throwing live frag grenades.
Intoduction to the M2 Browing .50cal Machine Gun.
FTX3 lasting 3 days having.
Movement with LMGs.
Crossing danger zones.
Usage of smoke and learning other grenades.
Reacting to random contact.
Ending it with a 16k ruck march (about 10 miles) with the bags around 60lbs.

Basic Training at this point now entering AIT part of OSUT.

(Black Phase)
Learning how to manage tanks.
Introduction to the M9 Pistol.
Simulations of driving.
Learning the ammo of tanks.
Procedures in case of: fire, missfire of maingun and rollovers.
Loading tank rounds into the main gun.
Qualifying with the M9 Pistol.
Ending black with driving the tanks on courses and streets, both day and night.

(Gold Phase)
Starting off with the Gold phase FTX.
Firing the main gun on the tank and loading real rounds.
Firing an M240C (mounted verison of the M240B.
Firing the Browning .50cal
Tank formations and putting them in practice by driving in the formations. How to fix the track of a tank if it unaligns itself.
Ending with a 20k ruck march (about 12 miles) with (for some reason) the sacks weighing less than in red phase.
(This one is different for me because i was put up with a challenge of keeping up with the Captain of the company (will go more in depth if curious)
Cleaning the damn mess we left on the tanks, hated it because it was cold.
Turning in our gear and weapons.
Inspections from higher ups. (that never happened)
Ending it with graduation.

So here i am now 4 months later, my thoughts?
Fun as hell, the first time i ever fired anything was the M4 and it was an awesome experience. As a car enthusiasts driving a 72 ton beast that can hit speeds up to 60mph if forced is the coolest thing to me so far in my life, not to mention it can stop on a dime despite speed and its weight. In general it was a fun experience but its the people that usually make it bad, and that it did because they ruined it because i was considered the bottom of my platoon/group and people hated that i was succeeding, there were 3 platoons/groups and i was in 3rd, some people were cool but that was mainly in other platoons, most of 3rd didnt like me. So what you do is fun but the people are the biggest effect on experience.

As for me well i was suppose to officially be home on the 13th but 4 other companies graduated at the same day causing problems and i need to fly home so i had to wait till the 14th. And i dont get home till almost midnight so that is a bummer... all this in the end has opened a world of potential for me and im glad.

(By the way as someone who used to think $100 was a lot in highschool, the ammount i was payed across the 4 months so far felt unreal to me and there is still more to come so a lot of what i thought i couldnt do is a reality now.)

If there is anything you are curious about or you have any questions ill be open to answer them!

Im glad im back :)
E-Dubble - Underdog (FF #6)

(Bear with me when it comes to spelling im on my phone when i was doing all this)

Last edited:

Philip

Australium
Yaaas!
Untitled105.png

D

Deleted member 2049

Things have changed in jailbreak:

New plugin
Markers re-added (although different)
No rebelling status
New freeday trails
New LRs
MoRe

It'S gAmEr TiMe

(I couldn't remember everything, those were just on the top of my head for you to know)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom