Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Read Me How to customize welcome messages/nametags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Welcome message is a donator/admin only feature. Upon joining one of our servers a sentence will be displayed in chat to inform players about your arrival.

Customizing your welcome message:

You can bring up the plugin's menu with the /dm command. There, choose "Customize welcome message".
After that you have to write your welcome message in chat and hit enter. Your welcome message needs to have the word "name" in it which will always mean your steam name.

For example if I want my welcome message to look like: "Buster has joined the server!"
  • I have to type: "name has joined the server!"
  • My name has to be "Buster" on steam.
If you want the text to be colored in your welcome message you have to use curly brackets/braces before the words and type the color between the braces.
For example: "{darkslategray}name has joined the server!"
In this case the whole sentence will be colored darkslategray (#2F4F4F)

- Buster has joined the server!
If you want only 1 or several words to be colored then you have to use multiple braces.
For example: "{darkslategray}name {default}has joined the {purple}server{default}!"

- Buster has joined the server!
Here is the list of colors you can use: http://www.w3schools.com/colors/colors_names.asp
Hopefully this was useful.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Somehow, it's too long, needed to shorten it to {yellow}Are {goldenrod}You {red}Thirsty? {Turquoise}Take {lawngreen}name
You couldn't write the whole thing with colors in chat? Did you try to write it in console like "say <stuff>". Maybe you can fit the whole thing there. -tongue-

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
{yellow}Are {goldenrod}You {red}Thirsty? {purple}I {RoyalBlue}Can {Turquoise}Give {springgreen}You {lawngreen}name
Somehow, it's too long, needed to shorten it to {yellow}Are {goldenrod}You {red}Thirsty? {Turquoise}Take {lawngreen}name
You couldn't write the whole thing with colors in chat? Did you try to write it in console like "say <stuff>". Maybe you can fit the whole thing there. -tongue-

Nah, it's more like it only displays "Are you Thirsty? Here, Take"

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Can you turn this off? I don't want people to know I joined and my name is in purple. So I rather not have people to know when an admin joins, you know, to catch them in the act.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Yes, when you type /dm, there is also an disable option. And since I don't play jailbreak (whew!) I usually only deal with more polite people, or at least not so salty one. But wait, I think I know a salty player! He always raged and spams the chat when he dies He joined around the time I started playing deathrun again. I think his name is... DerMelzbeek? Something like that.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY BEN

Since the limit is now bigger, I changed my message (and now it's kinda final)

{yellow}Are {goldenrod}You {red}Thirsty? {deeppink}Here, {purple}Have {RoyalBlue}A {Aqua}Malt {springgreen}Beer! {Lime}name

LOVE THE RAINBOW, TASTE THE RAINBOW

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
This is also applicable to custom tags..

Be mindful that each time you reset the tag though it cost 50,000 credits and there is a character limit which will prevent you from typing to many colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom