Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Warden can't play warday during freeday for self or others.

Overkill

a byte
As the title states, I believe warday shouldn't be allowed to be played during freeday for self or others. I think the rule will help because as it is right now, its detrimental to prisoners who win freeday. There is currently no definitive definition for freeday, so here is my interpretation of a freeday:

Freeday for self or others-
Can only be played after winning lr. You can choose yourself or 3 others to participate in a personal freeday, during which the prisoners that are freedays are allowed to do whatever they want except rebelling, being KOS if they do. Freedays cannot door glitch, block blues, interrupt mini-games being played by non-rebelling prisoners, press buttons that would result in another prisoner or guards death (they can press buttons to open a door of a game they would like to play or if they are going to another area and they need to access a door to get there), etc.

Now here is the definitions for Warday and No killing freedays rule for blue team:

Warday-
All Blues go to an easily accessible location specified by the warden, and which isn't closed off by a tiny choke. Reds are released and encouraged to grab ammo, and the blues can start roaming after the reds have had a reasonable amount of time to get ammo and the warden gives permission. "Last Request" can not be earned. The minigame must be announced at the start of the round and cannot be played two rounds in a row.

No killing freedays-
If a freeday has not rebelled and has lasted until the end of the round, do not kill them, regardless of whether or not they've lost their invincibility upon an LR being given. If an LR has not been given during that round, the freedays can be killed or should slay themselves to avoid delaying.

I've had the privilege of watching guards play warday during a personal freeday or freedays, where everyone will eventually die and the freedays are forced to "slay themselves or be killed to avoid delaying". Now a list of important mentions:

- During freeday warday that I've seen, Guards kill everyone then kill the freedays in an instant, resulting in a personal freeday of about 2 minutes or so after cell doors open, which is at 9:00.
-On average, rounds can end up being about 4-5 minutes, giving a freeday or freedays enough time to do whatever they want, including rebelling if wished or playing a couple of minigames.
-Freedays can be mistaken for rebelling reds and killed during warday. The particles can be buggy sometimes, like removing your freeday after picking up a health pack or not appearing for some people.
-A freeday wants to play a certain minigame that blues are camping and they can't play it until they leave, where 30 second to one minute in they are killed because all the other prisoners died.
-You can't even play warday during freeday for all so why should it be allowed to be played during someones personal freeday.

That's about everything I can think of off the top of my head. In my honest opinion, and please excuse my unprofessionalism, but I think warday that isn't chosen as an lr (meaning chosen by warden) is lazy and an excuse to kill rounds or farm points. My suggestions for a new rule:

1. Edit warday's rule that explicitly states it cannot be played during a freeday for self, others or all (whatever suits best to get the message across).

2. Add a definition for freeday for self or others that include the addition of not being able to play warday during a freeday for self or others.

3. Change how freeday for self or others work by giving freedays a time limit until they are considered delaying ( A full 4-5 minutes of freeday fun as soon as they spawn where they are then considered KOS after the 4-5 minute mark, but also considering that either all the non-rebellng or rebelling reds are dead or someone was chosen for an new lr. Usually when someone is chosen for lr it will void this rule because the next match would start in 30 seconds. Warday would still be playable during a freeday but particles should be fixed beforehand so freedays aren't mistaken for regular reds sometimes, so until then warday should still be banned during freeday for self or others.

If you simply don't agree, let's debate. Comment down below. Don't be toxic, keep it pg. This includes any other ideas that you think would help the issue. Also comment if I missed something or didn't explain something coherently enough. Thanks for reading, I hope you all have a great day.

Hyped

Rage Inducing
-Freedays can be mistaken for rebelling reds and killed during warday. The particles can be buggy sometimes, like removing your freeday after picking up a health pack or not appearing for some people.
This can happen with literally any minigame, this is more of an issue with the freeday particles than warday itself. When particles work they are easily identifiable and only warden can kill freedays anyway so the chances of legitimate freedays being killed are already minuscule.
Placing an incompetent warden in any scenario is obviously going to make this look bad.

-A freeday wants to play a certain minigame that blues are camping and they can't play it until they leave, where 30 second to one minute in they are killed because all the other prisoners died.
I mean you're talking about instances that are rare, its one minigame outside of a multitude of others and even then you're combining the chance of reds being annihilated before blues hunt.
Freedays have time to do what they want.
-You can't even play warday during freeday for all so why should it be allowed to be played during someones personal freeday.
You can`t do warday with freeday for all because everyone has a freeday, meaning theyre occupied and you have no one to kill.
On the other hand freedays can do whatever they want. They dont HAVE to take part.
. Change how freeday for self or others work by giving freedays a time limit until they are considered delaying ( A full 4-5 minutes of freeday fun as soon as they spawn where they are then considered KOS after the 4-5 minute mark, but also considering that either all the non-rebellng or rebelling reds are dead or someone was chosen for an new lr. Usually when someone is chosen for lr it will void this rule because the next match would start in 30 seconds. Warday would still be playable during a freeday but particles should be fixed beforehand so freedays aren't mistaken for regular reds sometimes, so until then warday should still be banned during freeday for self or other
This entire thing is unreleated to warday, just make a seperate suggestion.
I digress, giving freedays that amount of time is just stupid. It's WAYYYY too long, maybe a minute added on the usual minute but 5 minutes of reds sitting in spec.

I disagree with this strongly.

Last edited by a moderator:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
I agree that you shouldnt do Warday with freedays, but I very much disagree with your last suggestion. Freedays have the entire round to do whatever they wish, only that almost never happens because reds usually just use it as a rebel crutch (not throwing shade, Ive done it too lol) and either end the round or get killed within 2 mins. Imposing some superficial time limit just punishes those who few who use a freeday for something other than rebelling, effectively forcing them to rebel when they may not want to.
Banning Warday while people have freedays is fine tho, since freedays have a good chance of overcoming Blu team anyway, and Warday can just be played the round after (assuming an LR wasn't given out before the Blus got oofed)

Overkill

a byte
This can happen with literally any minigame, this is more of an issue with the freeday particles than warday itself. When particles work they are easily identifiable and only warden can kill freedays anyway so the chances of legitimate freedays being killed are already minuscule.
Placing an incompetent warden in any scenario is obviously going to make this look bad.

Warden incompetence is something seen all the time. One scenario of this is a freeday running into the warday room, and reds use the freeday to block incoming shots from guards, and then the warden decided to shoot and he therefore kills the freeday and denies the freedays lr. The reason for this rule is so we don't have to deal with this and other scenarios like this in the future.

I mean you're talking about instances that are rare, its one minigame outside of a multitude of others and even then you're combining the chance of reds being annihilated before blues hunt.
Freedays have time to do what they want.

In instances where the entire red team gets annihilated within a minute, and your the last red with your freeday. You want to play climb but it's 8:00 and warden is telling you to slay yourself in the next 30 seconds because your delaying. Another scenario is red team annihilating the blue team within a minute (because blue probably has a bad strategy combined with bad luck + they are heavily outnumbered), and the round ends at 8:00 as well. These "instances" actually happen all the time during wardays. Freedays most definitely do not have enough time to do what they want. 2-3 minutes is not enough.

You can`t do warday with freeday for all because everyone has a freeday, meaning theyre occupied and you have no one to kill.
On the other hand freedays can do whatever they want. They dont HAVE to take part.

I agree with you on this point but my other points still stand. Warday during personal freedays is lr denial because you are denying the red time that is given to them. A big reason why most wardens would do warday during a freeday for self or others is because they are afraid of getting killed. Therefore warden is ridding the opportunity for a freeday to try to kill him. In every freeday for self or others, there are passive freedays (reds who want to play a minigame or frolic on the map) and violent freedays (reds who want to challenge the blue team and try their luck at killing them). I am arguing for all freedays.

This entire thing is unreleated to warday, just make a seperate suggestion.
I digress, giving freedays that amount of time is just stupid. It's WAYYYY too long, maybe a minute added on the usual minute but 5 minutes of reds sitting in spec.

I disagree with this strongly.
@10000 Cold Knights @spacedude997
For my final suggestion, I said and I quote "A full 4-5 minutes of freeday fun as soon as they spawn where they are then considered KOS after the 4-5 minute mark" meaning they would get a total of 4-5 minutes, however, this is just a suggestion and It doesn't need to be heeded, as I would be satisfied with warday being banned from freeday for self and others, period.

As I said, warday is an excuse to deny lr from freedays who just want to enjoy the lr they've won.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
LR granted freedays are immune to blue weapons allowing them to still do what they want on their freeday unlike freeday for all. Having a freeday isn't meant for you to rebel, it's so you can walk around and enjoy not having to participate in the round everyone else has to. If we ban warday we also have to ban all special days during freeday because "it's not fair cuz reds die so the round ends faster". Having a personal freeday does not impact either team's experience. Warden shouldn't be limited to what they can do because someone chose a freeday; Choose custom LR if you want to impact what warden has to do.

Overkill

a byte
LR granted freedays are immune to blue weapons allowing them to still do what they want on their freeday unlike freeday for all. Having a freeday isn't meant for you to rebel, it's so you can walk around and enjoy not having to participate in the round everyone else has to. If we ban warday we also have to ban all special days during freeday because "it's not fair cuz reds die so the round ends faster". Having a personal freeday does not impact either team's experience. Warden shouldn't be limited to what they can do because someone chose a freeday; Choose custom LR if you want to impact what warden has to do.
LR granted freedays aren't immune to warden. Also, freedays are able to interrupt warday easily. I've already pointed that out above in a response. Freeday is called freeday because you are allowed to do whatever you want, including rebel (which makes you kos if you try). We most certainly do not have to ban the other special days, just warday. Warday ends too quickly unlike the other special days (hunger games and hide n' seek, which take about 5-10 minutes, enough time for freedays to enjoy their freeday). Any lr impacts both teams experience. Whatever the freeday does impacts what happens, either nothing or something happens (for instance, the freeday kills the warden resulting in chaos, or the freeday plays a one time mini-game and warden can't play it anymore). Warden limitation isn't the issue, warday is. You can't have a personal freeday and ask warden to not play warday, it's only one or the other.

As I said above, warday is detrimental to prisoners who win freeday. A prisoner who works hard to earn LR and choose freeday for self or others, only for the next round to quickly end because warden decided to play warday, and now the prisoner must slay themselves to avoid delaying. A prisoner only gets to play freeday once they win LR, which is pretty hard to earn most of the time. A guard can become warden almost every or every other round, and they can play warday any day they want, so why do they have to play warday during a prisoners personal freeday? Just wait the round and play it next round or the round after. The reason for this suggestion is because warday ends too quickly and freedays do not have enough time to do what they want during a warday.

P.S: I've explained most of the inquiries above, if there is something specific you don't agree with that I haven't already responded to yet, please quote me. Thanks for your input.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Didn't actually know there was a suggestion about this.

We have since implemented the rule that warden may not issue special days with freedays.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom