Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

(VSH) Rework for difficulty settings

K41P3R

Command name​

To start things off, the command could be renamed to something else, something simpler. Instead of !vsh2_difficulty, It should be something more simple, maybe just !difficulty or !haledifficulty to make it easier to type and remember.

Difficulty options​

Here are the current list of difficulty options:
  1. 25 Less Boss Health
  2. Halved Boss Health
  3. No Rage Generation
  4. Health Degeneration
  5. No Weighdown
1. I feel like we should rename or remove this because this is misleading, the player may think it's just 25 normal health removed which is insignificant or 25% but newer players will not be able to tell at first glance.

The other options are perfectly fine.

Rewards​

I think it would be great to add a reward for successfully winning a round as the hale with enabled difficulty options.

Some reward ideas/suggestions:
  1. Bonus points/rank
  2. Store credits
  3. Bonus queue points
1. Bonus points and extra for each difficulty option enabled, best option in my opinion
2. May be a little too kind but maybe keep it at a low number like 5 credits per option
3. I'm not a fan of this since it may lead to frustration but I'm just throwing ideas here

Other ideas​

I also believe it would be nice to show what difficulty options the hale has enabled to all players when the round starts, this allows everyone to be aware and will make for more fun and interesting gameplay for everyone.

Why am I suggesting this?
I always thought it would be fun for players to challenge themselves while also earning something so it's worth it because currently, you literally never see anyone use this feature so I thought it would make for a nice rework

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
While this suggestion are nice, encouraging players to intentionally make the game harder for themselves if they want to get more bonus points for their leaderboard rank, It'd also probably make the already pretty unbalanced VSH experience we already have even more unbalanced to the point where running anything but no weighdown & no rage generation would be near impossible, especially so if the enemy team were made aware of these 2 after the match starts, and as much as red team usually never coordinates, its not that hard to stay by a engineer and just bully hale assuming he has no weighdown

I tihnk players *should* be rewarded for challenging themselves, as it sparks the flame of competitiveness which is one of the many things that has kept VSH alive, but doing it through the difficulty options, atleast the ones right now, especially with our current balancing? I dont think it would end as well as I would hope anyway.

K41P3R

While this suggestion are nice, encouraging players to intentionally make the game harder for themselves if they want to get more bonus points for their leaderboard rank, It'd also probably make the already pretty unbalanced VSH experience we already have even more unbalanced to the point where running anything but no weighdown & no rage generation would be near impossible, especially so if the enemy team were made aware of these 2 after the match starts, and as much as red team usually never coordinates, its not that hard to stay by a engineer and just bully hale assuming he has no weighdown

I tihnk players *should* be rewarded for challenging themselves, as it sparks the flame of competitiveness which is one of the many things that has kept VSH alive, but doing it through the difficulty options, atleast the ones right now, especially with our current balancing? I dont think it would end as well as I would hope anyway.
I agree with you that playing as the hale is rather difficult. However, this is a choice that is completely controlled by the player. They are not getting forced to make it harder on themselves, I've seen pretty good hales out there and this would be a nice addition for people who want the challenge.

The difficulty options are also a choice, they may perhaps only select "No Rage Generation" as I already see some people sweep the round without using rage or they may go full balls to the wall and have all of them enabled for fun or whatever it may be.

If the player loses with the enabled options, that was completely their own fault and they would be understanding and unselect the difficulty options next round they are the boss.

Also I don't believe we should "encourage" new players with this, but just have it an option for the already experienced players, and this will obviously just be a player's choice and if they choose not to make it more difficult, that is totally fine.

Deleted User 4826

Uncharitable
I agree with you that playing as the hale is rather difficult. However, this is a choice that is completely controlled by the player. They are not getting forced to make it harder on themselves, I've seen pretty good hales out there and this would be a nice addition for people who want the challenge.

The difficulty options are also a choice, they may perhaps only select "No Rage Generation" as I already see some people sweep the round without using rage or they may go full balls to the wall and have all of them enabled for fun or whatever it may be.

If the player loses with the enabled options, that was completely their own fault and they would be understanding and unselect the difficulty options next round they are the boss.

Also I don't believe we should "encourage" new players with this, but just have it an option for the already experienced players, and this will obviously just be a player's choice and if they choose not to make it more difficult, that is totally fine.
Again, I'm not against the idea at all. It certainly is good but it just needs more refinement, as theres alot of holes in this idea of yours that you seem to recognize. If it does get implemented in some way or form I certainly hope its tested thoroughly.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom