Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[VSH] Add Pencil Ravine

Meebas

Strange

Meebas

Hello all,
I just finished a map I've been working on for the past month or so. It's made up of pencils, and it's got some interesting and colorful terrain which I think makes for a great vsh environment. I'm open to feedback if anyone would like to download the map and look around themselves.

Map Download:

Flythrough Preview:

ARC_Winters

Scarcely Lethal
Honestly, great map when I looked around and I saw a lot of good spots and a lot of concerns with it myself which will be divided into pros and cons.

Pros:
LOTS of engineer strongholds - I can see this a both a pro and a con, but I'll list the pros for here - Most spots are buildable, most spots are to stop hale from jumping, and there are possibilities to telefrag hale. I see these as bonuses. I am also VERY thankful you cannot trap the teleport spots, good thinking.
Hiding spots for all classes - You can hide in a lot of spots can can get away easily or allow cheeky spots for Sniper to get free hits while other classes like Soldier have a easier time to catch a ledge in case the hale notices them.
Lots of escape paths - I like this personally as it allows you a chance to get away if spotted or tunneled. Since the addition of Robot Saxton Hale, you can more easily avoid his rage with there being enough ways to escape his Line of Sight and dropping down to completely avoid it.
Lots of health packs
Fast ladder climbs
Great Sightlines
Great Jump Points
- I can see a Hale player being able to ambush at any given point during the round from jumping up from the bottom and picking off a few players. The teleport at the bottom can lead to a huge drop down from above and can lead to lots of easy kills for the hale.

Cons:
Map is hard to traverse - I felt like I was jumping/crouch jumping a lot(Maybe that is just a me thing), but getting around the map seems pretty difficult at times. Stairs from the bottom to the middle you have to jump up every step. Some areas are just inaccessible from spots that require a double jump or an engineer building to get to. A jump up right next to the Capture Point is a spot you can't actually get up unless you're a Scout.
You could get lost easily - I can newer players having a harder time getting around as this is of course a new map, but as time goes on I can see this con going away as more people got used to it.
Sightlines - Hale could be shot nearly instantly from a sniper after the round starts and if a sniper gets into a position, they can cover both jumps at hale spawn, being the bottom area and near the top area, all sightlines can prevent a hale from jumping if the sniper is a really good shot.
Too few ammo boxes - This isn't going to be a huge problem, but with all the firing that will quickly come and go, I can see lots of people scrambling to grab ammo packs and having a hard time either finding them or just getting a hold of one. Engineers MIGHT struggling with this but who knows, dispensers are great.
Fall Damage - The main killer of this map will 100% be fall damage, bonus for hale but not for the players. Glad there are enough health packs to go around to mitigate this, but I see this being a major issue.

Other than that, a great map. I'd like to see this added but can see why it might not be a great pick to add into the cycle of maps.
I can see this being a Hale sided map at times dependent on who is picked as the Hale, or a complete Player sided map as it traps Hale either in his spawn or in/around the Capture Point.
Hope to see what else you make.

Meebas

Strange

Meebas

I really appreciate the detailed suggestions! I originally planned on it being fairly complex, but from what people are saying, it might be a good idea to flatten it a little bit just so it's less jumping around the place. I could also add more erasers to negate fall damage, and make the block erasers negate fall damage as well.

Meebas

Strange

Meebas

I've made some changes to the map. In short:
- Many improvements made to navigation and smoother walking along surfaces in general
- Two ammo boxes have been upgraded to medium
- Minor adjustments to the landscape in order to open some areas up more and make them less complicated
- All erasers negate fall damage, and there are a few more

Full changes are available on Gamebanana and the Workshop page

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom