Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Vote suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max blw.tf

Unremarkable

meks

Hi.
So, you have probably also noticed if a map changes there are some people that immediately press "1" before even reading the map names.
The current vote possibilities are from 1-6 I believe.
Could it be changed to 4-9 ?
So the spamming of newer players can be avoided.

Thanks for reading. :)

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Or 1-7. 1 "no vote" and then the 6 others are the maps?
I like the idea of preventing spam but we can see from votemuting that that doesn't always work as intended, as most people spam 2 whenever a votesilence is created in my experience. I actually like the idea of using 4-9 or 5-0 as it's more of a pain to reach over that far with your fingers, which is why most people just blindly vote 1 or 2.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

it's going to become a habbig of pressing 4 or 5 then tbh... .. but atleast with 1 you give them the option to not give a vote..

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
it's going to become a habbig of pressing 4 or 5 then tbh... .. but atleast with 1 you give them the option to not give a vote..
Yeah, people will get used to it I guess. One idea could be to have 1 as "No Vote" and 2 as "Vote", where 2 takes you to the actual map vote. This will mean people pressing just to get rid of it will go for the No Vote as it requires less pressing. Thoughts?

Amy

#Wilde
Hi.
So, you have probably also noticed if a map changes there are some people that immediately press "1" before even reading the map names.
So the spamming of newer players can be avoided.

Thanks for reading. :)

1-2 (No Vote)
(3-7) Maps (Or 3 can be just a space)

I agree that would be way better for everyone. #LessSpam :)

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

1-2 (No Vote) (3-7) Maps (Or 3 can be just a space)

I agree that would be way better for everyone. #LessSpam :)
People learn quickly to press 3 everytime then. Better have "1. no vote" on or either a toggle for votes like there is a toggle on deathrun and vsh to be selected as death or hale. So that if they turn it off, they dont get the menu up for selecting a map if it's really a bother to them.

If they don't care to read from the first place, changing the numbers wont make them change that attitude.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
It's a shame that TF2 doesn't use the same interfaces are gmod uses, as I'm sure you can do a lot more and suggest more when it comes to something like this.. if it was possible, Id make it so you have to double click *cough* press which ever option you voted for with a delay in between, and if spamming is detected it resets the confirmation.

Amy

#Wilde
People learn quickly to press 3 everytime then. Better have "1. no vote" on or either a toggle for votes like there is a toggle on deathrun and vsh to be selected as death or hale. So that if they turn it off, they dont get the menu up for selecting a map if it's really a bother to them.

If they don't care to read from the first place, changing the numbers wont make them change that attitude.

Yea or that i mean i was just suggesting in what i thought was better so i guess that can work to.

It's a shame that TF2 doesn't use the same interfaces are gmod uses, as I'm sure you can do a lot more and suggest more when it comes to something like this.. if it was possible, Id make it so you have to double click *cough* press which ever option you voted for with a delay in between, and if spamming is detected it resets the confirmation.

Good thought with the delay and if there is spamming it resets for them.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Starting this kind of discussion? When I am away?!? You people are mean.

I think we all know the "1 spam" problem.

People on vsh and dr often complain in map votes that the first map will most likely be chosen. But that is not always true.

Depending on the time, I had more than a few cases where my favorite map was at the first place, but the people playing on my server still chose another map. But you only need to watch Wolf's "Dumb people spam 1" videos to know that it can be a problem...

So my suggestion is the following:

Use 1 as "no vote". I usually do that in a self-made vote. But instead of "No vote" I just use "-". About people spamming 2... I didn't have that kind of problem. But I can see why you also want to make 2 a "no vote". But if we make 1 AND 2 "no votes", then make 3-8 places for the maps. Or 2-7 if we choose to also include 2 as a map vote.

Also, another suggestion of mine: There will be always spammers, no matter at which number we will place the maps. But I have an idea, even though I don't know if it's possible: Make 1 a "no vote" and set the second "no vote" at a random number (from 2 - 7). That way people need to READ THROUGH all the possibilities so their vote isn't wasted. Sure, some people might now spam 2-7 and hope not to get the "no vote", but in their defense they don't care too much about which map is chosen. So why not let them choose a random map?
Thoughts? Suggestions?

And finally, to come back to the original suggestion
I am against this. People would then just spam 4 or so after getting used to it. Like I said I highly prefer to use 1 as a "no vote" and then have another "no vote" on either 2 or on random numbers (between 2-7/8).

K. Thx. Bay.

Malz

Amy

#Wilde
Is it possible for every player to have a scrambled voting list? Just thought if we all had maps at different numbers maybe there would be less spam? Just a suggestion

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Is it possible for every player to have a scrambled voting list? Just thought if we all had maps at different numbers maybe there would be less spam? Just a suggestion
Still wont resolve the fact people just spam a button. Rather spam them 1 for "no vote" than people spamming a vote on a map that nobody wants to play on. Then you get people to do "!rtv" which is stupid because that's time lost that could've been fixed with a "no vote" option. c:

Wolfi

Truly Feared
I think 2-8 would be simple fix because 4-9 is just uncomfortable to reach and press while you are in the middle of a game.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I think 2-8 would be simple fix because 4-9 is just uncomfortable to reach and press while you are in the middle of a game.
Again, still wont resolve people just spamming a button. Give them a "no-vote" chance gives them a button to spam way the menu without causing a certain map to be picked that nobody really likes. c:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Okay so I asked my good friend K0nfig- to voteslay me in Jailbreak and this was the result....

People just pressed the 1 button to get rid of the menu, If they had pressed no than that would be an arugument for not changing it.
I say do the 1. no vote so people don't just press the button.

Attachments

• testing.dem
    1.4 MB · Views: 224

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Here's yet another spin on this and yet another reason why we should move the vote buttons. I'd argue we should move the buttons to be nothing a weapon is usually bound to for any class. (1-5)

Imagine a very hip young fellow going about his day sniping Hale like it's their job only to be told they're going to be Hale next.

"Okay" says the hip young fellow, "Allow me to swap weapons SO HALE DOESN'T KILL ME CRAP THE GUI JUST POPPED UP AGAIN"

That hip young fellow is dead. All so he could be told that he would be Hale next round.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty obnoxious.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Thought I would add some more information to this. I offered 10000 credits to 2 random people on Jailbreak, I made option 1 "Nobody" and it got over 50% of the votes. Who doesn't want credits?

Max blw.tf

Unremarkable

meks

Hello. I would like to get a final result now.. It's annoying me over and over when playing on the servers. I agree with the 1. No vote option.
Please post your opinion so we come to a fast conclusion.

Regards, Max.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

This is on Fake Bens todo list, he has a lot of uni work to do, and to do this would involve a lot of coding, so he would need plenty of spare time. So please bare with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom