Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Update to !repeat on JB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
There's occasionally the rare person who loves to ask for a !repeat every order. And honestly it gets tedious, I feel like an update to giving repeats should generally be to "No repeats are given when requested over voice chat, text only" and another beneficial rule should be "If Warden orders are clear and concise, repeats are denied."
This should prevent someone spamming the repeat command to delay the round and cause general confusion amongst blues that tend to freekill as well.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
If anything, I can always reccomend lowering the max amount of repeats from 10 to 5, it gets obnoxious when it's abused frequently.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Requiring a player to use the command would mean you can't ask for a repeat when crouching/doing a minigame and is generally just pointless. As for the denying of repeats, how would the warden know if their order was clear and concise? Also, if someone just misheard then they deserve to ask for one regardless of whether a few others heard it or not.

Pienamai

Face Melting
There never has been a max amount of repeats.
there is, 10 repeats

1662235254998.png

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Lmao I've never seen this but yeah it's a bit useless since you can just ask for a repeat over mic or in chat.
Pretty sure you don't have to give repeats over voice chat and only in the actual !repeat fashion. Otherwise repeats are unlimited this way.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Requiring a player to use the command would mean you can't ask for a repeat when crouching/doing a minigame and is generally just pointless. As for the denying of repeats, how would the warden know if their order was clear and concise? Also, if someone just misheard then they deserve to ask for one regardless of whether a few others heard it or not.
The difference is that some people are genuinene when needing a second hearing because there are mistakes that happen. Then there's someone who constantly repeats every second despite everyone else hearing the order just fine for the sake of repeating.

Peter

Australium
Staff Member
Admin

CometPM

Pretty sure you don't have to give repeats over voice chat and only in the actual !repeat fashion. Otherwise repeats are unlimited this way.
Which is what I meant when I said repeats never had a limit. Asking for a repeat over voice chat or in chat has always been a valid way to ask for a repeat.

Meowsler

Totally Ordinary
Which is what I meant when I said repeats never had a limit. Asking for a repeat over voice chat or in chat has always been a valid way to ask for a repeat.
I'd suggest removing the ability to ask for repeats over vc and restrict them to chat only

Kiri

Australium
Say your orders twice. Make sure your orders aren’t said while others are talking. Then you can just ignore any repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom