Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Update tfdb_abyss_vb suggestion

Weegeee

Unremarkable
Username: Weegeee

Which map is the suggestion about? tfdb_abyss_vb

What is supposed to happen to the map? Update

Add a link to the updated map https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvdj29plols2o9k/tfdb_abyss_v3b.bsp?dl=1

Why do you want this map change? This is the third version of the map. I found out that physbox_multiplayer actually works as a fix for downspiking over the edge, it was just that the rocket I used for testing doesn't function with it. There is a different fix I implemented for getting clipped when jumping over the edge. Players who try to clip themselves when jumping over the edge will now be pushed away, and the trigger that launches them high in the air into the kill trigger is now much closer. So basically when you jump off you'll be launched a lot earlier than before, so both major problems now have improved fixes.

Also, I realized that the 2nd version of the map never replaced the first version, so dodgeball is currently running the first (and bugged) version of the map. So this version should replace that (please do, I don't want people to keep playing on a broken version of the map).

Last edited:

Weegeee

Unremarkable
bump, updated the map again (still v3b, I changed the dropbox link in post)

I updated the lighting, so people should be able to see at least a little better

I also added some particles to indicate where the rocket spawns

here are some before/after photos of the lighting (the clearly darker one is the prior version)

Attachments

• abyss2b.png
    abyss2b.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 90
  • abyss3b.png
    abyss3b.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 94

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
final bump.
If no feedback is given this suggestion will be rejected.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 11)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom