Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Update Jb_District_Remake to V15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
Just made an important quickfix after yesterday's play session, there were bugs and some exploits that needed fixing. I also added 1 new minigame.

• Added Soccer Dodgeball
  • Added a cell door auto open failsafe
  • Fixed Pimp My Ride not teleporting the first player
  • Made Armory doors open inwards as suggested by feedback
  • Made Hit & Run fences thicker to prevent Taxi from killing Blues behind the fence
  • Fixed an exploit in Hit & Run where you could stand on top of the door frame
  • Increased movement speed of lawnmowers in Bobby
Download on this page:

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V8 Release:

• Gave the Airport see-through windows so that it's not such a deathtrap anymore
  • The ammo at the Airport now spawns in random luggage on a conveyor belt
  • Added a helicopter to Pimp My Ride
  • Miniguns will now shoot in Pimp My Ride
  • Pimp My Ride vote buttons are now unlocked earlier
  • Added a box on the plane wing in Airport Arena to get on top of the Plane
  • Added a player clip to the right wing on the plane to prevent getting stuck or camping
  • Made Climb's last surf a little harder
  • Adjusted Climb's pushing up vents
  • Made Climb's water sound quieter
  • Added 2 secret healthkits into Climb
  • Made Crush game faster, potentially harder
  • Pizza Delivery Delivery point messages stay on for much longer now
  • Fixed being able to fall into the Bumble Beam pit in a Pizza Delivery car
  • Fixed Pizza Delivery glitch when you're in the vehicles during round change
  • Pizza Delivery now uses a different camera system to reduce jitter
  • Mechanics now uses the same camera system as Pizza Delivery, Drivers can now look around
  • Moved Pimp My Ride buttons
  • Fixed a dumb visual glitch in Climb's clouds

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V9 (Mechanics Update)

• Added traps to Mechanics! Team players can now use two screens to activate traps to mess with the other team's driver. Or their own team's. Whichever you like.
  • Slightly Improved Mechanics steering. (Still can't find a way to fix the 360 glitch)
  • Added red & blue colored things to each team's spectating area so that they can quickly distinguish their team
  • Added Loading screen photos and description
  • Changed Pizza Delivery messages to show up for 20 seconds only. (Sadly this entity is broken and I wish I could keep it forever until a player reaches it, but can't.)
  • Fixed a potential exploit in Climb
  • Fixed Mechanics fog staying on the main map
  • Few visual improvements to Mechanics
  • Few details and improvements to the Airport

district_postcard_thumbnail_mechanics.png

This is the last update for a while until game breaking bugs or anything show up while I work on a new project.

Reactions: Dee

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V10 (Huge Update)

• Added a new Minigame - Sky Diving. Reds drop from a plane and have to strafe through rings to the finish
  • Added a new random event - Ice Cream Truck vendors! They serve as mini-medicrooms around the map, healing players
  • Added a new random event - Cop Car! Blues get access to a driveable car around the map for improved traversal. The Cop car is only meant for movement, It cannot run over players. It can be destroyed by reds.
  • Added a new Secret room with ammo
  • Added a HUD element displaying The Forklift's control scheme when you get inside it
  • The Forklift now has an ability to raise and lower its lift.
  • Added clip ramps around curbs so that Pizza Delivery cars have a better time driving on them, and avoid getting stuck
  • All vehicle cameras are now true GTA-style third person
  • Improved Mechanics and Pizza Delivery vehicle steering, and fixed spinning out of control randomly
  • Improved Mechanics and Pizza Delivery camera angle for Spectators
  • Expanded upon the parkour around the orange building. You can now parkour up to the top windows
  • Massive entity optimization and safety measures. You can only start certain minigames now if players are detected in red side
  • Forklift kills now play the same sound as Drunk Trucker and Driver kills
  • Pimp My Ride skin buttons now are colored corresponding to the skin
  • Changed the placeholder Lawn mowers in Bobby to new actual models
  • Mechanics and Pizza Delivery vehicles can't flip upside down now
  • Special Events now have intro sounds
  • Airport Arena cardboard boxes now have physics and can be picked up by The Forklift, smacked around by players
  • Pimp My Ride buttons can't get bullet holes now
  • Changed the Forklift's model
  • Fixed some curbs missing
  • Slightly lowered Mechanics' explosion trap force
  • Some AC Units have collision now
  • Rearranged the Admin room buttons to accommodate the new random events
  • Fixed getting pushed around/stuck in Pimp My Ride
  • Fixed crush game music not stopping on game stop

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V11 Release (Just a huge optimization to fix crashes etc)

• Massive entity optimization, Crashing should not occur now (-~300 entities)
  • Reduced cloud particles in Sky Diving for better performance
  • Fixed a rare occurence where you could take fall damage after finishing Sky Diving
  • Fixed Pizza Delivery sprites staying on if a driver delivers super early
  • Fixed Pizza Delivery NPCs having collision
The map at start is now 1020 entities, very cheap

Last edited:

Meowsler

Positively Inhumane
Bonus points if you kill the person you're supposed to deliver to

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V12 Bug Fix

• Contained the Forklift and its hunger for anyone that dares drive it
  • Further entity optimization (-~50 edicts)

Turns out there is a glitch in v11 where trying to drive the forklift kills the player and crashes their game. So I had to make this update even if it's tiny and insignificant

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V13 Release

• Added Season Specific Events for Halloween and Christmas
  • Fixed Airport Forklift crash
  • Fixed Sky Diving bugs
  • Fixed Speedrun bugs
  • Fixed Pizza Delivery bugs
  • Fixed Climb blue side tele facing wrong way
  • Fixed Pimp My Ride start button changing Pizza Delivery's button skin
  • Made teleport out of the cop car a little bit closer to the cop car to perhaps prevent getting stuck in stuff

The map will now automatically spawn/alter things for when TF2 activates Halloween or Christmas mode.

Halloween:
Tree leaves turn orange
Pumpkins spawn
The Cinema has a chance of playing Friday the 13th
"Land of the Dead" by Voltaire has a chance of playing as ambient music

Christmas:
Tree leaves dissappear
Festive lights, Christmas trees and snowfall appears
"Jingle Bells" and "Deck the Halls" has a chance of playing as ambient music

Right now Halloween mode is activated and so it will default to halloween events for the month.

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
There is a glitch on your servers that was there on V11 and now on V13 where if you try to get out of the cop car, it will sometimes not teleport you out and you will be stuck inside the out of bounds place the players are teleported to when entering, this doesn't happen anywhere else as far as i know, definitely doesn't happen on panda.

It may either be some plugin on your server or a high ping issue? It's hard to pinpoint when it lets you out sometimes and sometimes it does not, and doesn't happen on other servers.

I could bruteforce an update that could "possibly" fix that by delaying the time the teleport trigger gets disabled by like 0.1 seconds or so (idk if this would even fix it), but this map has already had so many updates, all updates past V10 have been fixes and extra ideas that I wanted to implement but never got to doing previously, so I don't really wanna do a new update just to fix this issue that happens on these servers specifically, mind that each new version of district remake is like +250 mb in your players' game folders

Pienamai

Face Melting
There is a glitch on your servers that was there on V11 and now on V13 where if you try to get out of the cop car, it will sometimes not teleport you out and you will be stuck inside the out of bounds place the players are teleported to when entering, this doesn't happen anywhere else as far as i know, definitely doesn't happen on panda.

It may either be some plugin on your server or a high ping issue? It's hard to pinpoint when it lets you out sometimes and sometimes it does not, and doesn't happen on other servers.

I could bruteforce an update that could "possibly" fix that by delaying the time the teleport trigger gets disabled by like 0.1 seconds or so (idk if this would even fix it), but this map has already had so many updates, all updates past V10 have been fixes and extra ideas that I wanted to implement but never got to doing previously, so I don't really wanna do a new update just to fix this issue that happens on these servers specifically, mind that each new version of district remake is like +250 mb in your players' game folders
It is the price you must pay for driving such a sick ride
@Benedevil any plugin that could cause that?

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
V14 Release

• Improved Ice cream truck, lawnmower models
  • Fixed an exploit in Pizza Delivery
  • Minigames lock on round end to prevent issues now
  • Crash fixes

Dee

Sufficiently Lethal

Dee

NO! NO MORE STUPID DISTRICT REMAKE UPDATES. I'M DONE! I'm sick and tired of updating this map!!!!

Just kidding, map has been updated to V14. Sorry for the wait!

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
While jb_miami is in development, I thought it's a good idea to look back on district and improve on some things that are boring, don't work and generally make it a better experience.
V15 rn includes good improvements like reducing bumble beam, crush game time to be less boring, increased chance of random events happening, new airport buttons, making the map more newbie friendly with reducing vent push speed.

With newly added vscript, I've created a script for fun events to spice up the map. These can only be activated by me, and it's just for goofing off and not supposed to be taken seriously:
-!puff, !unpuff - Gives me a huge fat pufferfish model
-!puffall, !unpuffall - Gives everyone a huge fat pufferfish model. Pufferfish apocalypse
-!mapperroom - Allows me to get access to starting random events for LRs, and also an easier way to start Doomsday

These are made only for fun purposes, but if the update released with these features unnanounced it may have been controversial.
So i'm asking for opinions on the !mapperroom feature especially, even though it's supposed to be in good heart, some people would think it's for abusing. I think to decrease the suspicion of this being an abusive feature I could instead make chat commands for all the random events like !trucker !car !icecream !copcar.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
While jb_miami is in development, I thought it's a good idea to look back on district and improve on some things that are boring, don't work and generally make it a better experience.
V15 rn includes good improvements like reducing bumble beam, crush game time to be less boring, increased chance of random events happening, new airport buttons, making the map more newbie friendly with reducing vent push speed.

With newly added vscript, I've created a script for fun events to spice up the map. These can only be activated by me, and it's just for goofing off and not supposed to be taken seriously:
-!puff, !unpuff - Gives me a huge fat pufferfish model
-!puffall, !unpuffall - Gives everyone a huge fat pufferfish model. Pufferfish apocalypse
-!mapperroom - Allows me to get access to starting random events for LRs, and also an easier way to start Doomsday

These are made only for fun purposes, but if the update released with these features unnanounced it may have been controversial.
So i'm asking for opinions on the !mapperroom feature especially, even though it's supposed to be in good heart, some people would think it's for abusing. I think to decrease the suspicion of this being an abusive feature I could instead make chat commands for all the random events like !trucker !car !icecream !copcar.
None of your maps will be updated or considered for future use if you want to add "fun commands" for yourself.

Unicake2

Mildly Menacing
None of your maps will be updated or considered for future use if you want to add "fun commands" for yourself.
The Admin room activates random events for the entire server to enjoy and laugh at, and has been getting accessed by admins on this server to activate all random events for funny (although i wouldn't activate it if an LR wasn't present for it), and seeing players with huge oversized pufferfish models is hilarious to anyone because it is out of the ordinary.
image.png

20230221181337_1.jpg

Making troll comments even as a staff member 5 years later?

Last edited:

Pienamai

Face Melting
I think as long as commands like these aren't too abusive, they should be alright. Especially since what mapper would want to abuse just to ruin a map they've worked on for months
I'm in favor

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Giving you access to personal round-altering commands requires the same level of trust as we give to staff members, which you do not have.

Then again, any signs of abuse could just result in an immediate ban anyway.

Still against this, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 10)

Top Bottom