Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Update jail_snowballz_v23 to jail_snowballz_v28d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

Username: Cyveray

Which map is the suggestion about? Update jail_snowballz_v23 to jail_snowballz_v28c

What is supposed to happen to the map? Update

Add a link to the updated map: https://gamebanana.com/mods/317804

Why do you want this map change? The main changes are the addition of a box game, disco, pool is replaced with a climb and glory hole gets replaced with a strafe course additional changes are listed on the gamebanana page.

jail_snowballz_v28c0004.jpg
jail_snowballz_v28c0006.jpg
jail_snowballz_v28c0002.jpg
jail_snowballz_v28c0001.jpg

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
certainly looks a bit better, I hated that glory hole minigame...

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Thanks for the update. However, the map size went from 136mb to 363mb. Is there any way to reduce it? I can imagine quite a few people sitting in the menu waiting 1-2 hours to download a map

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

Thanks for the update. However, the map size went from 136mb to 363mb. Is there any way to reduce it? I can imagine quite a few people sitting in the menu waiting 1-2 hours to download a map

I believe I forgot to compress the songs in disco so I think this is why the file got so big might be able to make a fix sometime tomorrow as the map takes 8 hours to compile with my pc.

I believe I forgot to compress the songs in disco so I think this is why the file got so big might be able to make a fix sometime tomorrow as the map takes 8 hours to compile with my pc.
I know some tutorials say only use .wav files, mp3's work just fine and are way more compressed with the only real drawback being that they can not be looped.

You can also further lower the filesize by repacking your map using the following console command to repack your map.

Code:
bsp_repack maps/<mapname>.bsp maps/<mapname>.bsp

So in your case it would look like:
Code:
bsp_repack maps/jail_snowballz_v28c.bsp maps/jail_snowballz_v28c.bsp

Repacking is definitely worth it as it shaved nearly 70mb off the map for me.

Hope this helps.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

Greatly reduced the file size in the newest version v28d now its no longer bigger than district its now about the size of hopjb.

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

Forgot to mention the bug where the map does not load up due to obsolete entities has been fixed and ahg bugging out should also be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom