Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending UnknownTM's Moderator Application

UnknownTM

Unremarkable
Username: UnknownTM

Name
UnknownTM

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes, 20 days, 15 hours, 7 minutes, 55 seconds as of writing.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? EDIT: YES*, I looked at the date of me posting the application instead of the post of of rejecting my application, My bad.

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/7026762

Your SteamID2
[U:1:302462602]

Your DiscordID
unknowntmtm

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
Mostly CS:GO servers,GMOD servers and back in the day CS 1.6 servers.
I have been in admin groups since ~2012 ( havent been in any the past 2 years though)
My longest time being an admin on 1 server was 6 years, after that the server sadly shut down.

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
█ ► BlackWonder US | Super Zombie Fortress ◄ █ 85.117.240.52:27010 I play exclusively here and this is where i want to moderate.
Occasionally i join the ever dead █ ► BlackWonder | Super Zombie Fortress ◄ █ 157.90.177.48:27010 if there are players there.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
All the time I have spent on the server I haven't seen an Admin/moderator on, May be because im on EU timezone. Lately people are abusing a glitch on the server that has been a thing for over 4 months now and its one that gives advantage over other players (I wont go into detail), There's people who like to mic spam obnoxious stuff and say the nword, People going out of bounds on certain maps and generally stalling the game by camping and not advancing the map.

I'm pretty sure im known on the server(oh the irony) I recognize regulars and people who regularly glitch,annoy others. And the server needs more Staff as i said earlier i dont know any of the server.

I Have plenty of experience dealing with people(cause of my work), and plenty experience in being an admin.
I know basics of hammer editor, lately i helped bug test a new map(wasnt added yet but i have hope).
I have no history on blackwonder other than 1 application that was accepted(is in declined) but i stopped playing TF2 for awhile after making the application, and 1 application which was rejected.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Daily, depending on my schedule and what i do but its usually atleast an hour(upto 8 hours on sundays etc)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
This list is not how the punishments will be given out in order, they are dependant on severity and frequency of the offense
General (voice chat,chat)

Chat/Mic spam: warning-6h-12h-1d-7d-perm (mute/gag),
Loud/very bad quality microphone: warning-30min-3h (mute)
Playing music: votemute, if the vote proceeds and the player keeps playing music on the next map 2h to 16h mute,
Insulting,toxicity: 6h-18h-3d-7d (mute/gag) Whether aimed towards staff or player has no difference here, friendly banter will not be punished if its held to a degree and offended player forgives,
Racism/Homophobia/Xenophobia: 1d-3d-7d-perm (mute/gag),
Revealing undercover admin: 15min-3h-8h (mute/gag),
Language other than english in voice chat: warning-15min-1h-8h (mute),

General (Glitches,abuse,other)
Cheating: Perm ban,if I'm unsure I'll make a demo and rewatch it/ask for help with recognizing wheter the player is legit or no,
Inappropriate spray/objector: Perm spray ban
Calladmin abuse: 3h-8h-24h-3d (ban),
Exploiting the maps/going out of bounds: 3h-6h-12h-2d (ban),
Blocking doors: slay-1h-3h (ban) this one will mostly be a slay even for repeat offenders,
Using glitches: 4h-12h-24h-3d (ban), ban time may vary depending on the glitch in question
Evading punishment(multi account): Extend the punishment of original account by 12hours to 14 days depending on punishment, same ban on all other accounts.,
Asking to be banned: kick.

SZF specific
Ghosting(calling out to humans where certain weapons are): 15min-1h-3h (mute/gag) Calling out weapons that spawn in certain locations 100% of the time wont be punished(medigun on egypt 2nd point for example),
Stalling the round/not attempting to advance: slay-30min-1h-4h (ban), may be a votelsay but mostly will be a slay or occasionally give every zombie tank.
Avoiding playing as zombie(hiding in the back of the map/going afk and getting back to play when you are human again/being friendly as zombie): Force as zombie on next round(if thats possible)/slay on next round-30min-1h-3h (ban) this one will be forgiven if its not done too often by a player.
EDIT General trolling(throwing objective items out of bounds/glitching them/hiding them away): 30min-2h-5h-12h (ban)

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Don't really have anything else to say, I may send a toxic message once a week but usually its banter with people i know from the server.
I was pushed to making this application after a player has been using the glitch where zombies can have weapons and human weapons are not nerfed for 2 hours straight, Didnt really get any help from staff on discords #requesthelp channel so im hoping to be one that will be able to help players (i dont mean answering questions etc, but reacting to whats happening on the server be it people glitching or racist/toxic etc, EDIT: this may be because there's no staff on SZF)

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Polish is my native language
My English is inbetween B2-C1 on english proficiency level
I also studied german(though im bad at it i know the basics)
And i know simple words in Russian

Edit: Deleted the punishment for high ping and changed the punishment for inapropriate sprays

Last edited:

seraphina

woman
Staff Member
Admin
Hi! Just gonna go over your application.

First Application
Second Application
Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No
Your second application was declined 66 days ago

Good playtime, active sessions
No prior punishments
Your chatlogs are fine

Inappropriate spray/objector: Warning-8h-24h-3d (ban, spray ban may be perm for repeat offenders),
We will just apply a permanent sprayban for this
Ping 300+ (as there are many playing from EU including me whose ping varies between 100-300): kick,
Asking to be banned: kick.
We don't usually do these
Players are moved to spectator for unusually high ping

Your punishment lengths appear to be pretty steep. However, you have a good understanding of the rules and the punishments that go with them. You are more than welcome to edit your application if needed.

Best of luck!

UnknownTM

Unremarkable
@FishCrimes most of these were pretty old and i have stopped myself from being "toxic" even if it was just a little back then aswell, maybe the occasional "fu*k you" or complaining about maps nowadays

1..png
2.png
3.png

Attachments

• 1..png
    1..png
    71.2 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.png
    3.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3.png
    3.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

StenRodd

Epic
Staff Member
Hello UnknownTM, I see you regularly play Super zombies fortress, which is good since Super zombie fortress is the most played gamemode but it lacks staff members to mod it, It would be good if Super zombie fortress had more staff members because gamemode and maps are buggy and easy to exploit.

I don't know about you a lot but you do reports players for exploits and you're aware about the rules which is good so I think you would be good if you mod super zombie fortress.

So good luck with your application!

Ash Shaw

Gore-Spattered
Staff Member
Hey UnknownTM.

Just for context since this is extremely important.
Cheating: Perm ban,if I'm unsure I'll make a demo and rewatch it/ask for help with recognizing wheter the player is legit or no,
Demo's/recorded evidence for permabans are non-negotiable must haves, even for exploit (non-perma) bans regardless of players history/prior punishments.

Accused players always hold the right to appeal. Even with punishments not pretaining to bans you are encouraged to recorded evidence as we hold ourselves (staff) accountable of holding and submitting evidence when needed

Unrelated to your application but still relevant:
When staff aren't available in #requesthelp to deal with rulebreakers. You can always submit evidence to the forums. Its an alternative sure-fire option to punish rulebreakers even if it takes time for staff to review it.

With that said, stay active and good luck on the application.

Last edited:

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom