Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Unicake's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper

Unicake

User name: Unicake

Name
Peter

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:74872798

Have you managed servers previously?
No

On what servers do you usually play on?
Blackwonder | Jailbreak EU
Can Join US, UK Servers if needed.

Why would you like to become an admin?

Toxicity:
Jailbreak has become a pretty annoying server lately, that's why some of my dearest friends, Egg, Vick left the servers.
I also left for a while, but i will discuss it later.
I don't want players quitting because of somebody else's harm. Donor powers are too weak for absurds going on lately. For an example, around an hour ago, I couldn't handle a Mass Freekiller, because he was leaving, and changing nicknames constantly. I've spent 2 years on Blackwonder, so there were a lot of times where I couldn't deal with Rule-Breakers since I was too weak and restricted. That just makes me sick thinking about it now.
I finally want the ability to deal with Rule-breakers effectively.

Lack of Admins:
I remember when there were usually 2 admins on a server, but now? A big part of Admins are resigning. I USUALLY see Ducklurch and Will on the server, but there are days where I don't see any admin on a server. I am on the server atleast 4 hours a day, and I'd be happy to be an active admin. Now let's talk why I returned to Blackwonder. When I was gone, I realised, Blackwonder is a big part of my life, and it's where I met most of my friends on. I don't think about leaving Blackwonder again.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members?
Yes

If you do know and have spoken to any staff members, please tell us their names
Benedevil
Pkay
DuckLurch
Will
Wanka
Drexils
Melectrome
Noodle Ball
Cinnamon

And the Retired:
Overkill
Viking34

When are you usually available to play?
(GMT+1) 15.00-23.00 (Mondays to Fridays), 07.00-24.00 (Saturdays to Sundays)

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play

READ ME
-If I used ">" below, it basically means "If doesn't stop, continues"
-If I used "," below, It means i will perform both actions.

GENERAL RULES:

Spamming Chat - Warning > 30Min. Gag > 120Min. Gag > 1Day Gag > 3Day Gag > Week Gag
MicSpamming - Warning > 60Min. Mute > 6Hour Mute > 1Day Mute > Week Mute
Disrespect - Warning > 120 Min. Mute > 1Day Mute > 3 Day Mute > Week Mute
Racism - Warning > 120Min. Mute > 6 Hour Mute > 1 Day Mute
Foreign Language - Warning > 60Min. Mute (If he speaks my language I can explain the rules. In chat of course)
Ghost - 60Min. Mute > 1Day Mute > Week Mute (Each with a Warning.)
Calling out an Undercover Admin - 1Day Mute > 3 Day Mute > Week Mute
Overtalking Admin on MicCheck - 1Day Mute
Hack Advertising - Screenshot/Record, PermaGag
Hacking - Record, if enough evidence, PermaBan
Exploiting - Slay > 1Day Ban
NSFW Spray - PermaSprayBan
Impersonating Admins - Warning > 1Day Gag/mute/Ban
Abusing !calladmin - Warning > 1Day Ban > 3Day Ban > 1Week Ban
Last person alive is Idle - Move to Spectator
Delaying - Warning > Slay

JAILBREAK RULES:

Blue Rules:
Accidental Freekill - If justifies how it was an accident > Just Slay
Intentional Freekill - 60 Min. TeamBan > 6Hour TeamBan > 1Day TeamBan > 3 Day TeamBan > Week TeamBan
MassFreekill (5- Kills) - 1Day Ban
MassFreekill (5+ Kills) - 1Week Ban
Freehit - Warning > Slay > 60Min. TeamBan > 6Hour TeamBan > 1 Day TeamBan
Accidental Teamkill - If justifies how it was an accident - Just Slay, Revive the TeamKilled
Intentional Teamkilling - Slay, 1Hour TeamBan > 6Hour TeamBan > 1Day TeamBan, Revive the TeamKilled
No mic - Warning, PermaTeamBan.
Inaudible Mic - Warning, Move to Red (Allow to join Blue when mic has been fixed.)
Voice Changer - Warning, Move to Red, 120Min. Mute
Armory Camping - Warning > Slay > 60Min. Teamban
Baiting - Warning > Slay > 60Min. TeamBan
Not with Warden - Teleport to Warden, Warning >Slay >60Min TeamBan
Favoritism - Warning > Slay
Griefing - Warning > Slay >120Min TeamBan > 6Hour TeamBan > 1Day TeamBan
Overtalking Warden - Warning > 60Min Mute > 1Day Mute
Sticky Traps - Warning > Slay (If doesn't detonate)

Warden Rules:
Illegal !uw - Warning, Slay
Illegal FF - Turn off FF, Explain why it was Illegal, Slay, 60Min. TeamBan
Illegal MiniGames - Warning > Slay, 60Min. Teamban
Lying - Warning, Slay > 60Min. TeamBan
No Repeat - Warning > Slay
Warden-Hogging - Ask to Unwarden > Force-unwarden, Warning > Slay > 30Min. TeamBan
Trick Orders - Warning > Slay > 60Min. Teamban

Red Rules:
Freeday Abusing - Warning > Slay
Ammo-Glitching on Purpose - 60Min. Ban > 6Hour Ban > 1Day Ban > Week Ban (Each with a warning)

DEATHRUN RULES: (I don't play this Gamemode a lot now, But I am an experienced player and used to play it a lot in the past. I Sometimes hop on it)

Fake Freerun - Warning, Slay > 1Day Ban

DODGEBALL RULES: (I don't play this Gamemode a lot now, But I am an experienced player and used to play it a lot in the past. I Sometimes hop on it)

Stealing - Warning > Slay > 60Min. Ban
Orbiting to Delay the round - Warning > Slay > 60Min. Ban
Blocking - Warning, Slay > 60Min. Ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
This is my Second admin application, here's the first one,
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/admin-application-from-unicake.8629/
I decided to apply again, since the first application was quite flawed.

My Past
My past on Blackwonder was quite toxic, and that's why Staff didn't trust me enough to give me Admin Permissions.
I Asked Two Admins (Resigned Overkill and Buster) how to improve and when it'd be time to apply again. I needed more Maturity for role of an Admin. That's why I didn't create another Application right after the First one and kept waiting until my understanding of an Admin role became more clear. I hope I've shown my Maturity through the last couple of Months as an Active donor. I built enough confidence in myself and I am fully aware of an Admin role, through activity of fellow admins such as Will and Overkill.

My Bans
https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:74872798&advType=steamid
https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798+&Submit=Search
(Provided By RainbowRob)
I was immature over the past 3 years, and didn't care about Servers-I-Don't-Usually-Go-On Rules.
To me they were nothing but a Playground to join and to mess around on with friends. Now I've realised I should respect rules of any server.
Over the past Months I was trying my best not to break any rules on Blackwonder's servers and Appealed my unmute.

My Chatlog
I was a Vulgar and Toxic person, but I hope I'm improving. My last messages are memes with my friend, so I'm really sorry if it's offputting or shows me in a negative way. Please understand it's satire and I don't mean such things as "fuck the feds". Also now I mostly use Voice Chat so you should expect less in my Chatlog.

Thank you for reading my Application, I hope you can understand I've improved, yet please support me by pointing out any mistakes, and I hope i can improve them in my future.

Special Thanks to:
-will5023 For helping me with my application
-Any Admin's input on my last application, It helped me to improve this application.

ChangeLog:
27-05-2018:
-Updated Links and Freekill Punishments.
-Added: Warden Lying, Ammo-glitching, Racism Disrespect, Foreign Language, Inaudible Mic, Voice Changer Punishments.

28-05-2018:
-Added Admin-offensive Punishments and Updated some Punishments
31-05-2018:
-Added Dodgeball and Deathrun Rules, Rewrote a lot of Punishments Times
02-06-2018:
-Moved "Delaying" to General Rules
-Removed Delay-related punishments from Jailbreak, Deathrun and Dodgeball as they are all affected by the General "Delaying" Punishment.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin

Please make the effort to look up your own information. This can hurt you. For example, these links no longer work. These are what you want. Please care more about the information you provide than we do.
https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:74872798&advType=steamid
https://bans.blackwonder.tf/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798+&Submit=Search

You have gotten much better, and have been significantly less toxic.

Your freekilling and Massfreekilling are still weak, and Overkill told you this last time.

Good Luck

Egg

Eggstremely Eggceptional
Unicake is a generally helpful and nice, he is very active and tries to deal with rulebreakers the best he can with his donor powers. I know that his comm blocks may drag him back a bit, but he really has changed, I personally think he would make a good admin because of how active he is.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper

Unicake

Please make the effort to look up your own information. This can hurt you. For example, these links no longer work. These are what you want. Please care more about the information you provide than we do.

You have gotten much better, and have been significantly less toxic.

Your freekilling and Massfreekilling are still weak, and Overkill told you this last time.
Sorry for the links,
Thank you for Positive Feedback.

Updated The Links and Freekill Punishments

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
You've put a lot of effort into the app, you did have the slight blip when you became somewhat toxic and not very nice, but i think you seem to have put this behind you now, you've done some mapping and you generally know the rules, if not you ask questions, i think you'd be okay as an admin, the concern though is the amount of times you've been punished, not just here but in other communities which might not set the best example as an admin, you're also easily led by peer pressure but people make mistakes. i will go NEUTRAL for now.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
I don't know how much you have changed, if you have changed. I mostly remember you for the map you made which was very good and annoying players with donor voice commands on dodgeball and spamming sometimes. I don't understand what "Enemies being friendly" is on dodgeball and where that's forbidden. Furthermore you don't list Blocking at dodgeball.

That's all I can contribute to this. Based off your past I wouldn't want to accept you, but you might have gotten better and considering the other applicants who have been accepted recently, you still have chance.

Good Luck

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper

Unicake

I don't understand what "Enemies being friendly" is on dodgeball and where that's forbidden.

I remember seeing two players being friendly (I don't know if it was Blackwonder) One rolled a dispencer to block the rocket, and the other Pyro just didn't dare to reflect it, so they were dancing and such, delaying the round. (It isn't very likely to happen nowadays though) I might just delete it then, because it falls under "Delaying" category.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
2018-07-01 16:54:49BlackWonder | Jailbreaksuicide 05.07and the fuckign admin doesnt do anything
rude

You definitely have improved over time though, excluding that snippet above. App is well written and very well formatted. I wouldn't be opposed to you being coerced into being better on your own if you became an admin.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper

Unicake

2018-07-01 16:54:49BlackWonder | Jailbreaksuicide 05.07and the fuckign admin doesnt do anything
rude

You definitely have improved over time though, excluding that snippet above. App is well written and very well formatted. I wouldn't be opposed to you being coerced into being better on your own if you became an admin.

Lately I'm just exposed to way more rulebreakers than ever before and Admins usually don't notice those buggers, and are busy dealing with other problems.
I report any problems I spot to Admins over SteamChat, but there's too much stuff going on for just one Admin to handle, so It'd be nice to have a bigger group of Admins watching.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello Peter!

Let me start of by explaining why your application sat so abnormally long. The fact that you were punished just hours after applying was a major setback, but it appeared to be par for the course, unfortunately. I say unfortunately, because it is always refreshing when someone applies with experience on a server other than jailbreak. So we left your application, to see if putting some time between your most recent punishment and our decision would cause more admins to become comfortable with the idea of you having authority over players. I want to acknowledge that you have actually contributed in ways that most admins have not, as a mapper. But there remains the problem that the feeling among the vast majority of admins is not positive when it comes promoting you. I even did something a little unorthodox and asked a couple of random players their opinion of you, independent of each other and they both shared poor-recollections.

Initially, I thought your record in sourceban was representative of someone who may have some consistency in their ability to be civil, not spam and follow the rules, but then I noticed that the gaps coincided with the time(s) you were already punished OR had a pending admin application.

I know you pointed out the way some other players have more punishments before they were permanently muted, on your last appeal. But please understand that this was an error on THOSE cases, not that we deliberately held off the punishments for those other players. It was an unfortunate oversight, that those players hadn't been punished sooner.
unicake.PNG

I want to finish this by saying that no one outright said they thought you were a bad guy. You simply need to spend more time maturing and deciding how you want to be perceived by other people. I trust you hold the ability to make that choice and I do hope you continue contributing in your own way. Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom