Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Closed Unfair bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

The1TrueTomato

Strange
So I had the most wonderful game of Tf2 yesterday. I joined a blackwonder server that ran 2fort with no respawn time and rtd enabled. I joined and instantly was getting demolished. Now I'm no stranger to getting wrecked in Tf2, I've gotten destroyed quite a few times. And while was able to rectify a few of the doms I was getting, two stuck out of the rest, a sniper named kerknor, and a medic named honey. Now I tried many strats to fix the problem at hand, including Heavy w/ medic, trying to out snipe, and going spy. none of these strats worked, so I decided to try one last strategy: going scout. I figured it wouldn't work, since all my other better attempts had failed. Now before I continue, I would like to point out that the server was also all talk, meaning that I could express my views and so could the enemies. Now this isn't about muting, this is about bans. So the medic I talked about earlier was taunting everybody she "earned" a domination against, with the tag line: "welcome to my choo choo train (Insert Player Name Here). I feel anybody would be recently annoyed after a domination and adding taunting voice chat to that only worsened the situation. So anyways, I went scout and discovered the sniper medic duo's strat: if an enemy got close pop uber. I was excited because I was a step closer to victory. After discovering this strat I hatched a plan. I was going to drive them back to spawn and I was going to get behind them when the exited using the flank class Scout. Now, my ban was for spawn-camping after preforming the action ONE TIME. And I didn't even get the kill in the end. Despite what the ban said, I had received no prior warning directed at me specifically. And after taking only a FRACTION of the snipers health, I left their battlements to go resupply. And after, a brief monologue from the medic, I proceeded to getting banned. No prior warning. No success on my part. Nothing. Now I'm linking the video that "proves" I was in the wrong to further cite why I am right. As you'll see, the clip was taken entirely out of context. I firmly believe that the only reason I was banned after a misguided sense of righteousness. I hope people will stand up against unfair bannings in the future, and we can avoid this problem in the future.

The1TrueTomato

Strange
Two staff members read this and didn't have any qualms with it so please do not attempt to remove this thread.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Are you saying that you were unaware that spawn camping was against the rules?

Or are you saying that since you only did it once, it shouldn't count?

The1TrueTomato

Strange
Are you saying that you were unaware that spawn camping was against the rules?

Or are you saying that since you only did it once, it shouldn't count?
I did it once, and standing outside of the optimal sniper spawn point is a valid strategy, which really shouldn't be classified as spawncamping. For it to be spawncamping, I would've had to been doing more than once. Just trying once is not a spawncamp. It's not even kill farming. I went the optimal route to try and attain that kill.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You were physically camping to kill someone before they could leave spawn. End of story.

That does not invalidate you feeling on the bind or other parts of your complaint. But you did break the rules, you knew it was a rule and you were punished for the same duration as anyone else who broke the rule.

The1TrueTomato

Strange
You were physically camping to kill someone before they could leave spawn. End of story.
No not end of story, that is blatant admin abuse. After that clip I left to go back to my resupply immediately after. AND I didn't end up going back to their spot for the remainder of that game. For it to be spawncamping i would've had to do it multiple times. The only reason I was banned was because I spooked the sniper and medic and they didn't want me to get the kill. While the sniper may not have had a killstreak, the medic certainly had some sort of streak going, and they didn't want some lid just trying to play the game optimally to end their streak.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
No not end of story, that is blatant admin abuse. After that clip I left to go back to my resupply immediately after. AND I didn't end up going back to their spot for the remainder of that game. For it to be spawncamping i would've had to do it multiple times. The only reason I was banned was because I spooked the sniper and medic and they didn't want me to get the kill. While the sniper may not have had a killstreak, the medic certainly had some sort of streak going, and they didn't want some lid just trying to play the game optimally to end their streak.
In that demo, I watched you chase them into the spawn and then prevent them from exiting. That is spawn camping and it won't be undone.

The1TrueTomato

Strange
In that demo, I watched you chase them into the spawn and then prevent them from exiting. That is spawn camping and it won't be undone.
I don't care about getting it undone at this point. I live by the motto, "It's not about winning, it's about sending a message" , and I'm not about to give up after some sniper who cant live for two seconds with out his medic girlfriend beam surgically attached to him abused their "right" to ban players "breaking the rules." And dont start with that whole "strict policy" garbage either, I've been on servers that have blatant hackers who dont get any punishment put onto them. Your basically saying you advocate for hacking but you're not allowed to win using valid strategies.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I don't care about getting it undone at this point. I live by the motto, "It's not about winning, it's about sending a message" , and I'm not about to give up after some sniper who cant live for two seconds with out his medic girlfriend beam surgically attached to him abused their "right" to ban players "breaking the rules." And dont start with that whole "strict policy" garbage either, I've been on servers that have blatant hackers who dont get any punishment put onto them. Your basically saying you advocate for hacking but you're not allowed to win using valid strategies.

Alright, youve made your opinion known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom