Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Underscore's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
User name: Underscore

Name
Underscore

Your Age
14 (I promise I don't act like a 14 year old lmao)

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:206971843

Your DiscordID
Underscore#5456

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I help manage a Garry's Mod Sandbox server.

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
Typically, I'd visit a vanilla or times-whatever server to spend a couple hours or so on. Although, jailbreak sounds pretty fun and I remember enjoying it when I first played it. I'd probably do with near anything, though.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I see that you don't have a lot of staff, and I'd like to contribute to your cause. I also enjoy playing TF2 a lot, and, I mean, it's not like everybody follows the rules. I intend to make sure every player enjoys themselves, whether it be because they just like playing or some grape Dum-Dum got the boot.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play? (edited)
It's currently summer, and, unless I'm out doing something, I'll usually be available 24/7. Sometimes I'll have to do something out of my control, or I might fall out of TF2 again, but even so I'll do my best to be present. However, school for me is starting soon again, and when that happens, It'll usually be around 3:00 PM CT when I come home from school, but I don't know for certain considering I don't know exactly what my schedule is yet.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate (edited x2)

All

Cheating/using scripts - Ban

Greifing (actively going out of your way to ruin the fun for people) - Warn, warn of kick, kick, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban

Miscpam - 30 minute mute, 1 hour mute, 6 hour mute, 1 day mute, 1 week mute, permanent mute

Chatspam - Same as above except with gagging

Inappropriate spray - Warn, kick, sprayban

Inappropriate name or profile picture - Warn, kick, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban

Other inappropriance (using stickybombs to draw dicks, etc.) - Warn, kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban

General Toxicity - 30 minute silence, 1 hour silence, 1 day silence, 1 week silence, permanent silence (bans possible depending on severity)

Jailbreak

RED Team

DO (to avoid KOS)
- Follow instructions
- Follow instructions
- The above two
- AFK freeze when asking for a repeat
DON'T (to avoid KOS)
- Bait out being attacked
- Use a tauntkill
- Use a partner taunt (baiting)
- Use a togglable taunt
- Disengage from the area or leave the prison
- Have ammo
- Walk into a BLUs only area such as the armory

BLU Team

DO (to avoid punishment)
- Be willing to be warden (Warn, 30 minute teamban, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Have a decent microphone... and use it (Warn, 30 minute teamban, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Give repeats when requested unless it's spammed (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Refer to the RED Team as such; REDs, prisoners - Any else is not acceptable (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
DON'T (to avoid punishment)
- Freekill (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Freehit (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Kill freedays (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Pick favorites (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)

The Warden (Must also follow BLU Team rules)

DO (to avoid punishment)
- Give orders (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Make those orders direct and clear (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Actually do your job (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Lie (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Permit freekill and/or freehit (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Enable Friendly Fire without a reason (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Make your instructions conflicting or unclear (Warn, kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Pardon REDs if they are a rebel (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Override LR with LGKA (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)
- Keep warden to yourself (Kick, 1 hour teamban, 6 hour teamban, 1 day teamban, 1 week teamban, permanent teamban)

All Teams
DO (to avoid punishment)
- Listen to staff (Kick, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
- Talk over the warden (Kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
- Talk over admin during mic check (Kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
- Be a whiner (Warn, kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)

- Set traps (Warn, kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
- Delay rounds or waste time (this includes bodyblocking, not moving with your peers, taking alt routes as RED, etc.) (Kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
- Give info to alive players while you are dead (Kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)

Freeday

Markk, I remember you telling me to include Freeday abuse rules, but I couldn't find them for the life of me. I did find one under Greifing, but I already have "Greifing" in All and "wasting time" in All Teams. I didn't see any others on the subject.

Versus Saxton Hale / Freak Fortress

Camping - Warn, kick, 1 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban

Being friendly - Warn, kick, 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?

I left out dodgeball and trade, because I never usually play them, but I read their rules anyway.

- Underscore

Last edited:

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Herro Underscore,

Here's my view on your application.
From what I can see, you've got 10 days of playtime, which is good, and from your history, you've mostly played on High- and Highertower servers (as you've mentioned).

Your chatlogs show quite some usage of the words "shit" and "fuck", although most of it is not aimed at others, there have been some other outbursts:
1563673858936.png

1563673912980.png

1563674120359.png

1563673635223.png
1563673666438.png
1563674039785.png
1563674082288.png

1563674135348.png

You've not been punished for breaking any rules so far, which is good.

Depends on the severity, for me. If somebody is cheating, I would probably tell them to stop. If they do not listen, I would kick them (or some other lighter punishment because I don't know what all your admin plugin can do). Alternatively, if they continued to show up and be a nuisance, down comes the ban hammer...

In terms of spam, again, it depends on what they're spamming. If they're spamming chat? Gag them for a minute, tell them to stop, and later take it off. Same goes for voice chat, but if they won't stop, I'd leave them silenced until they return. Again, if they continued to willingly ruin the fun for people, well, there's a big fat ban with their name on it.

Other broken rules would probably follow a general pattern; Warn, special action, kick, kick again depending on the severity, and then ban. A kind of 3 strikes rule. Of course, order could fluctuate, but this is what I generally would go off of.
We've got more specific punishments other than kick and ban, I'd recommend looking at some accepted applications to get a general idea of the punishments we would like to see.
It would also be good if you added a punishment ladder listing specific rules and your method of punishment.

All of this pretty much applies to every server.
We've got a wide range of servers, so there are server-specific rules. (mostly jailbreak).

In general, I think if you get your "outbursts" under control (which I think you've mostly got down already), I don't see any reason to you not getting a moderator position.

Thank you for your time, and good luck with your application.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
i have absolutely no idea when i made those comments lol they were probably from months ago, but i certainly dont act that way now unless im using the words ironically. i remember Gravity Nooo being one of my first ever usernames. also, that third one there just makes me laugh. i dont remember that at all but that really does sound like something old me would say. i used to have a rage problem, but it's faded by now. and yeah, i dont know certain commands so ill take a look but i think ive got everything youve suggested in good hands already. i look forward to seeing if it's accepted! i'd also be interested in playing other gamemodes, so that's no problem.

oh, and also, since you've said that jailbreak in particular has the most unique rules, a place to look at all of them would be neat, if you could give me that. one last thing... thanks for responding so quickly. i just finished doing a little bit of playing on the minecraft server, if that means anything.

SECOND EDIT IN A ROW... i also promise to never use the n-word. don't worry, big dumb brain got the boot.

- Underscore

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Hey Underscore, thanks for applying.
I have no ingame experience with you as far as I'm aware of, so everything I say will solely be based on this application.

I help manage a Garry's Mod Sandbox server.
What is the name of the community?
since you've said that jailbreak, in particular, has the most unique rules, a place to look at all of them would be neat, if you could give me that.
This is extremely worrisome if you didn't even know how and where to find the rules before applying.

About your punishments
The format you've used for your punishments is certainly... unique and not what we usually expect from applications. Nonetheless, I'll mention the issues I have about it.
I'm not so fond of the idea of writing a massive list for all the specific rules and every tedious thing I would do about it, but moderator probably requires some effort.
Some effort? Ignoring the number of things that I had to point out below, I'm already against the idea of having you as Mod.
If you can't even be bothered to put in the proper effort to just copy out a few rules, how could you expect me to trust that you would put in the effort to moderate?
Cheating/using scripts - Warn and kick, 1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban
Cheaters should be permanently banned.
Miscpam - Mute warn and unmute, 5 minute mute, 10 minute mute, 30 minute mute, 2 hour mute, 1 day mute, 1 week mute, permamute
(can you even set times on the mute command?)
Lengths between 5min to 29min is so short and minuscule that it shouldn't even be used unless you really are that lenient. You should immediately start at 30min as that is the length of a votepunishment.
RED Team

DO (to avoid KOS)
- Follow instructions (!!!)
- Follow instructions (!!!)
- The above two (!!!)
- AFK freeze when asking for a repeat (!)
DON'T (to avoid KOS)
- Bait out being attacked (!!)
- Use a tauntkill (!!)
- Use a partner taunt (baiting) (!!)
- Use a togglable taunt (!!)
- Disengage from the area or leave the prison (!!!)
- Have ammo (!!!)
- Walk into a BLUs only area such as the armory (!!!)
Are you telling me that you are going to involve yourself in these situations?
If so, would you slay a prisoner (with administrative powers) who is in a BLU location?
- Set traps (!!)
- Delay rounds or waste time (this includes bodyblocking, not moving with your peers, etc.) (!!!)
- Repeatedly refuse to follow the BLU's instructions (!!!)
- Camp in the armory (!!)
- Give info to alive players while you are dead (!!)
This applies to all teams that are participating in Jailbreak.
Would you slay a prisoner who left the group to rebel?

You had mentioned all these rules for RED yet you have not mentioned ONE rule that I was hoping to look for, which was freeday abusing. Look into that.

Excluding your repetition of rules and random inclusion of rules, your punishment section is NOT as long as it originally seemed which might have been not a real issue if it weren't for the fact that you didn't even finish adding rules.
This section is for you to list how you would act accordingly to situations staffs on duty occasionally get themselves in that would either result in a verbal warning and/or punishment. Hence, "punishment" in Punishment Section.
We are only interested in how you would act, not the Do's and Don'ts that we are already well-informed of.

Another thing, you seemed to have completely missed out adding time lengths for Jailbreak even though you had done so for "All" and "VSH/FF". Look into that.

tldr
I'm fine with the usage of comedic relief, but how you've used it made it seem that you aren't taking this application as seriously as you probably actually are. Don't be discouraged though, I do believe you can refine this application provided that you read my feedback and look into the issues that I had pointed out. Good luck.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
Welp, that's not good. I'm gonna go through your list and try to explain everything you've said...

"What is the name of the community?"

It's thesandbox.tk

"This is extremely worrisome if you didn't even know how and where to find the rules before applying."

I actually did find the rules to Jailbreak. I don't know why I put that down.

"The format you've used for your punishments is certainly... unique and not what we usually expect from applications. Nonetheless, I'll mention the issues I have about it."

Well, what's wrong with it then? Is it too lenient, is it too harsh, I don't know.

"Some effort? Ignoring the number of things that I had to point out below, I'm already against the idea of having you as Mod.
If you can't even be bothered to put in the proper effort to just copy out a few rules, how could you expect me to trust that you would put in the effort to moderate?"

Ouch, that one hurt. I didn't want to put down every single rule in the rulebook, because I figured it would count as plagiarism. I did, though, read over every single rule in the Server Rules threads. I stated this in the application, but I'll change some things. Also, I wouldn't except to have to constantly be working my ass off for you to even consider granting mod to me.

"Cheaters should be permanently banned."

Ok.

"Lengths between 5min to 29min is so short and minuscule that it shouldn't even be used unless you really are that lenient. You should immediately start at 30min as that is the length of a votepunishment."

Ok.

"Are you telling me that you are going to involve yourself in these situations?
If so, would you slay a prisoner (with administrative powers) who is in a BLU location?"

No. I intentionally divided the sections into "to avoid KOS" and "to avoid punishment." If a rule is in "to avoid KOS," it doesn't mean that if they break them it's against the server rules; I'm certain you know this. If a rule is in the "to avoid punishment" section and it's broken, then that would mean administrative action should be taken; for instance, stickytraps or C&Ding in a corner for all eternity.

"This applies to all teams that are participating in Jailbreak."

Ok.

"Would you slay a prisoner who left the group to rebel?"

See above.

"You had mentioned all these rules for RED yet you have not mentioned ONE rule that I was hoping to look for, which was freeday abusing. Look into that."

I looked for it but couldn't find it. I was concerned about it while writing my post, but I figured freeday meant freeday if there was no rule on it. I'll double check, though.

"Excluding your repetition of rules and random inclusion of rules, your punishment section is NOT as long as it originally seemed which might have been not a real issue if it weren't for the fact that you didn't even finish adding rules."

See above; still didn't want it to count as plagiarism

"This section is for you to list how you would act accordingly to situations staffs on duty occasionally get themselves in that would either result in a verbal warning and/or punishment. Hence, "punishment" in Punishment Section.
We are only interested in how you would act, not the Do's and Don'ts that we are already well-informed of."

Understood. The whole point of the rules section of an application though is to review what they are, which is something that you are "already well informed of." I know why it's there, but it's a bit odd that you'd say you're already informed of Do's and Don'ts, when rules are essentially just glorified don'ts and do's.

"Another thing, you seemed to have completely missed out adding time lengths for Jailbreak even though you had done so for "All" and "VSH/FF". Look into that."

what

i'll look into that

"I'm fine with the usage of comedic relief, but how you've used it made it seem that you aren't taking this application as seriously as you probably actually are. Don't be discouraged though, I do believe you can refine this application provided that you read my feedback and look into the issues that I had pointed out. Good luck."

Well, thanks for the feedback. I do want to be staff, I just didn't think it would be this incredibly strict. I suppose it's just got something to do with making sure that only the ones that are qualified or more so get in so that staff isn't filled with a bunch of raisins, but it's just not what I'm used to.

- Underscore

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

- Repeatedly refuse to follow the BLU's instructions (1 day ban, 1 week ban, permaban)
Reds can disobey warden orders, hence being rebels. You shouldn't be involving yourself, as an admin, in that situation. Every single red rule that you've mentioned shouldn't even be added in your Punishment Section as they are literally only for players to understand the game more. It really does seem like you're adding them just for the sake of making your application longer than it actually is, and you clearly don't understand the rules enough if you think you have to punish a red for being a rebel.

See above; still didn't want it to count as plagiarism
I don't think you understand the definition of plagiarism.
It's not considered plagiarism if you used the rules as the base and elaborate from it. The least I could expect from you was that you'd at least list out the rules and provide punishments accordingly.

It is true that you do not need to be a workaholic to at least be considered as a suitable staff. However, this is my first impression of you and you willingly claiming that you would only put some effort in your application could only tell me that you would most likely also put some effort to carry out as a staff.

Everything else, as far as I'm aware of, is no longer an issue.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
"Reds can disobey warden orders, hence being rebels. You shouldn't be involving yourself, as an admin, in that situation. Every single red rule that you've mentioned shouldn't even be added in your Punishment Section as they are literally only for players to understand the game more. It really does seem like you're adding them just for the sake of making your application longer than it actually is, and you clearly don't understand the rules enough if you think you have to punish a red for being a rebel."

1. Ok, I should have known that.

2. I'm not trying to artificially make my app longer.

3. That wasn't the mindset I had. Also, how insulting.

"It is true that you do not need to be a workaholic to at least be considered as a suitable staff. However, this is my first impression of you and you willingly claiming that you would only put some effort in your application could only tell me that you would most likely also put some effort to carry out as a staff."

I used the word "some" as in "not a little," not as in "not a lot." I probably should have clarified.

"Everything else, as far as I'm aware of, is no longer an issue."

Great! Hope to hear from you again soon.

- Underscore

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello @Underscore , a piece of our activities logs had malfunctioned. I decided to simply leave your application open to see if you were in-fact active on the servers and discord. Unfortunately, it appears you have not been. In the last 6 weeks, you have spent 1-2 hours on the servers. 1564768017429.png

Setting aside some of your less desirable chatlogs, I do not see that you would be a benefit to the community, since you do not seem to participate in it.

I hope you have a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom