Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Underscore's Discord Ban Appeal (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
Punishment type

Last Sunday, I believe it was, I was banned from the Blackwonder.tf Discord server for impersonating staff and getting frustrated when confronted about it. I appealed immediately after, but was told to wait about a week. So, around a week later, here we are again.

Discord tag

My Discord tag is Underscore#5456.

Reasoning

I don't want to put anyone in the wrong here, but I should probably mention that "impersonating staff" is not anywhere on the rules. I'm not going to try and use that as an excuse, though; I can see how it should be against the rules, but it was not clarified to me until it mattered. Now, when confronted, I said, "wtf did i do," and obviously, this was a bad response. I've always had an issue with stopping and thinking, especially when I'm... "exasperate," as I'd call it. So, there's clearly some work to be done. I still want to help people, though; it's just that, if something that wasn't even on the rules got me banned, I don't know what other secretive rules that no user knows about could be there, and get me banned again. I wish this stuff was clarified before I was punished for it, and yes, I was asked by an admin, "should I ban you for impersonating staff members," and my response was ultimately what got me banned; that probably counts as clarification, and I made a bad move there. But, like I said, where is it on the rules? I really don't mean to sound rude, but come on... from an outside perspective, it really doesn't sound fair. There might be something I'm missing, but if there is, I'd have no idea what it could be.

Thanks for tuning in. This has been Underscore.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I don't want to put anyone in the wrong here, but I should probably mention that "impersonating staff" is not anywhere on the rules.
It's common sense to not refer to yourself as a staff member when you aren't one.

Ban removed. Please be more vigilant of your behavior in the future.

Also I'm not sure why you didn't use the appeal form because you did last time; Always use the proper appeal form or the thread may just be marked invalid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom