Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Turbine

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

If there is a map you think that should be removed from our servers, follow these instructions:

1. What's the map's name?
Turbine.

2. Why should we remove it? I never see anyone enjoying this map, and it is heavily, HEAVILY sided toward prisoners with the easy breakable and ammo spot. Technically, shooting into the ammo spot in the main cell area would be kos for camping while the reds can slip by, unnoticed, and kill the guards before they have a chance to give orders. The main issue I see with this map is the breakable in the bottom cell closest to the wall with the huge windows. This could be an 'update' on the map as honestly, the map itself is fine. I only put this in the 'removal' thread because I see many people asking for outright removal of the map.

3. is there is an updated version of the map? Not that I know of.

4. What's the game mode? Jailbreak.

Changelog:
1. Edited post to fit the format.
2Added Changelog

Last edited:

Cyveray

Spectacularly Lethal

Cyveray

You might want to be more specific on why this map needs to be removed as being not popular is not a good enough reason for its removal also if you want a map added, fixed, or removed you should post a suggestion like this in the proper format on the thread below.

Blizz

Notably Dangerous

Avi

[Oh boy a rant. Grab the popcorn. ?]

The map in and of itself is just a revolving carousel of Snipers having ammo and camping across the map before the guards could even reach the cell door button.

On paper, the map concept sounds great. The main map converted for Jailbreak (even though Turbine is unbalanced for pubs and comp but I digress). In practice, it is a severely flawed map. It's almost impossible to play as a guard without a Soldier or Demo shooting projectiles into that ammo spot or placing quick stickies when they drop down (not trapping). It's fun for the first couple rounds (I guess), but it gets frustrating very quickly for both reds and blues. It's frustrating for blues for obvious reasons. It's also frustrating for reds because no one will want to go on the guard team when half the reds will just escape through an easy breakable with multiple passages before the obedient reds get to the line. This is not to mention that Sniper spot where you can't even shoot him let alone reach him unless he opens a window. Sometimes the 4 or 5 people that do go on the guard team all die before the cells even open. I wouldn't have brought this up if this wasn't a regular occurrence. This isn't like a Spy breaking out of the Peach cell and getting behind the guards to backstab them before they notice.

More importantly, why would guards want to join the guard team? You can't camp the ammo spots according to the server rules or even check them out if a naive or clueless guard comes around. You're just praying that none of the Reds know how to quickly flee and have a warden that is aware of the environment. No guards (or only a couple vs 20+ reds) mean no round which translates to more people leaving.

The map needs to be overhauled or just removed entirely. I firmly believe that anyone who votes No without a valid reason in a reply is in denial. The conservative attitude of "muh just need better guards" has not worked. You just can't keep kicking the can down the road.

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff Member
Admin
As cyveray said, if this is a suggestion for a map's removal it should be posted in the appropriate thread.
That's why the Map Removal Template is in that thread.

I suggest moving it here, to get the most attention :3

Lox

Totally Ordinary

Loxi

It would either be a removal or just an update, I didn't know which one it should be, hence why I put it here. If that breakable didn't exist (the one in cells) then it would be fine.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom