Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Trimping or rocket jumping?

Trimping or Rocket jumping?

• Trimping

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rocket jumping

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • How oddly specific of a question

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

George

Notably Dangerous
WOW WHAT A STUPID QUESTION THATS VERY ODDLY SPECIFIC LIKE WAT IS THE POINT LOL
Before you go and rate this post something bad I use bad for lack there of a better word

I know it's specific but its just

I want to know
Im not good at either
but i still want to know

Sgt. X

Somewhat Threatening
Rocket jumping, duh, with out it the game would just have sticky jumping demos hitting you with a caber.. but with ROCKET JUMPING we have all new kinds of killing someone and then making them rage quit like: The Mannthreads and the all legendary MARKET GARDENER

DC Chroma

Sufficiently Lethal
I've tried and practiced them both, they were fine and absolutely fun to do. However, it really depends on what class do you play more often, soldier or demoman. If you play more soldier, then rocket jumping will be worthwhile to learn and practice with. If you play more demoman (mainly demoknight) I suggest trimping, which only requires you to practice strafing and learning about unorthodox ramps, such as the hill before the second point in pl_upward.

Practicing rocket jumping will give you an edge in combat and in mobility. A
rocket jumping soldier is the second fastest class, only behind first place thanks to the sticky jumping demoman.

Trimping on the other hand gives demoknights a whole new strategy to play around with. Without trimping a demoknight can only go Leeroy and charge at the first enemy they see but with trimping, a demoknight will have another option. That option would be to get behind enemy lines, getting rid of the snipers and if possible the medics. However here comes the problems once that charge goes on cooldown, you won't be able to get away Scot-free (good lord the puns).

There is a way to get rid of this problem and it's to equip this primary and secondary on the demoman: Loose Cannon and the
Tide Turner. Here's the reason why, Shields asides from the Tide Turner doesn't allow the demoknight to change directions. However, with the Tide Turner granting the user to have full turning control, you can trimp without needing to equip the Ali Baba's Wee Booties or the Bootlegger.

Now to explain the Loose Cannon, it is a primary for the demoman with unique mechanics, one of them being Double Donks which some of us right now should know about it, and the other is Loose Cannon Jumping. It can be accomplished by priming the cannons to explode without firing and aiming below you, very similar to rocket jumping. However, unlike a rocket jump, the distance you will travel with the Loose Cannon Jump can be compared more or less that of two stickies. Which means you can escape after picking off the medic or sniper! :)

Hope this helps you!

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom