Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Pending tony's Moderator Application

tony

Strange

tony

Username: tony

Name
tony

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/players/4339027

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:175942340

Your DiscordID
tooeny

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
US Jailbreak

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've been holding off on this application for a while, but I've always wanted to help out with the JB game mode. Considering the complexity of the mode compared to others, there tends to be a lot of confusion with the rules, which sometimes leads to rules being broken (whether intentionally or unintentionally). I want to be able to help with any concerns or issues people might have while they play on the servers.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you know or have spoken to
bergenco, Console, CometPM, x9_raven, Midnight Owl

How often do you play TF2?
Random times throughout the day, any day

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
General Rules:
Punishment Evasion:
Double punishment length/apply to alt account if one is used

Chat/Mic Spam:
Warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 2 hour gag/mute > 6 hour gag/mute > 12 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute > 2 day > 3 day gag/mute > 1 week gag/mute > 2 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > Permanent gag/mute

Toxicity/Hate Speech/Harassment
Warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 2 hour gag/mute > 6 hour gag/mute > 12 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute > 2 day gag/mute > 3 day gag/mute > 1 week gag/mute > 2 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > Permanent gag/mute

Foreign Language in Voice Chat:
Warn > 1 hour mute > 2 hour mute > 6 hour mute > 12 hour mute > 1 day mute > 2 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 2 week mute > 1 month mute > Permanent mute

NSFW Spray/Objector:
Appealable permanent spray ban > Unappealable permanent spray ban

Advertising Hacks:
Warn > Permanent gag/mute

Hacking:
Permanent ban with recorded evidence
(Evidence primarily gathered with demos if possible, alternatives being Medal/Shadowplay)

Exploiting:
Warn > Slay > Kick > 1 hour ban > 2 hour ban > 6 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

!calladmin Abuse:
Warn > 1 hour ban > 2 hour ban > 6 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 2 day ban> 3 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Calling out undercover staff:
Warn > 1 hour gag/mute > 2 hour gag/mute > 6 hour gag/mute > 12 hour gag/mute > 1 day gag/mute > 2 day gag/mute > 3 day gag/mute > 1 week gag/mute > 2 week gag/mute > 1 month gag/mute > Permanent gag/mute

Griefing:
Warn > Kick > 1 hour ban > 2 hour ban > 6 hour ban > 12 hour ban > 1 day ban > 2 day ban > 3 day ban > 1 week ban > 2 week ban > 1 month ban > Permanent ban

Jailbreak Rules:
Overtalking Warden:
Warn > 1 hour mute > 2 hour mute > 6 hour mute > 12 hour mute > 1 day mute > 2 day mute > 3 day mute > 1 week mute > 2 week mute > 1 month mute > Permanent mute

Ghosting:
Warn > 1 hour gag > 2 hour gag > 6 hour gag > 12 hour gag > 1 day gag > 2 day gag > 3 day gag> 1 week gag > 2 week gag > 1 month gag > Permanent gag

Sticky trapping:
Warn > Slay > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Delaying:
Warn > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Armory camping:
Warn > Slay > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Warden Impersonation:

BLU:
No/Unintelligible Microphone:
Permanent Teamban until mic is proven to be functional/understandable

Unwilling to be Warden:

Baiting:

Freekilling:

Mass freekilling:
Slay + 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Button Griefing:

Favoritism:
Warn > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Hunting and chasing without permission/Roaming:

Camping Rebel Spots:

LR Denial:

Warden:
Kill/Trick Orders:

Warden Hogging:

Pardoning REDs:

Lying as Warden:

Illegal Minigames:

Illegal FF:
Warn + Slay > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Illegal Freeday:
Warn + Slay > 1 hour teamban > 2 hour teamban > 6 hour teamban > 12 hour teamban > 1 day teamban > 2 day teamban > 3 day teamban > 1 week teamban > 2 week teamban > 1 month teamban > Permanent teamban

Chaining Special Days:

Not Giving Repeats:

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
My DMs on Discord are usually always open for chatting! I'm also looking to become more active in the BLW discord server as more free time opens up.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

Jermbo

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Hiya Tony!

It's good to see you apply Mod for Jailbreak. I enjoy seeing you having fun and following the rules on our server. Let's get into your history.

You have a clean history besides 2 old teamban from 2020, but overall great to see that.
1717721195053.png

Playtime as 6/6/2024, lot of hours
1717721357860.png

The punishment ladder seems good, but one thing pointed out is warden hogging. We do teamban players who have been warden-hogging, but otherwise looking good!

I have known you since the Jailbreak LA era, but since 2020, I have seen you changing to a mature player over a couple of years. With that, +Support from me. Good Luck!

tony

Strange

tony

Hiya Tony!

It's good to see you apply Mod for Jailbreak. I enjoy seeing you having fun and following the rules on our server. Let's get into your history.

You have a clean history besides 2 old teamban from 2020, but overall great to see that.

Playtime as 6/6/2024, lot of hours
View attachment 35719

The punishment ladder seems good, but one thing pointed out is warden hogging. We do teamban players who have been warden-hogging, but otherwise looking good!

I have known you since the Jailbreak LA era, but since 2020, I have seen you changing to a mature player over a couple of years. With that, +Support from me. Good Luck!
Hey Owl, glad to see your reply!

I've added a teamban ladder for warden hogging, it should be in line with the other punishments now. Thank you for the support as well!

bergenco

Uncharitable
Staff Member
Hello Tony,

We've spoken to eacother quite the few times outside of Blackwonder so I'll try to keep my response as unbiased as possible.

You are a very chill and enjoyable person to play with in Jailbreak. You've displayed a clear understanding of the rules by informing others on them either when they ask in chat, or when you are unfortunately freekilled by them (Which, for some reason tends to happen more often than not...)

Your ladder is, expectedly, fine. Fair punishments and consistency is what I like to see. Taking Owl's criticism and applying it quickly is also promising.

One think I want to mention are your chatlogs mainly from 2020.

Fu** page logs:
Screenshot_20240607_111707_Chrome.jpg

(Page 1 is mainly from 2022, 2-24 occuring in 2020.)

The main reason that I wanted to mention this was because of (as Owl mentioned) the increase in maturity that happened directly after this period. I wasn't there for the edgy 2020 Tony, so I'm not sure exactly what you were like, but the ability to change and grow as a person is definitely one that is appreciated as a staff member.

I expect more activity whether it be on the forums or in the discord. Reports are always welcomed, as are @Moderators in the request help channel.

I don't have too much more to say except:
+Support
It would be great to have another person to rcon smite @all with.

tony

Strange

tony

Hello Tony,

We've spoken to eacother quite the few times outside of Blackwonder so I'll try to keep my response as unbiased as possible.

You are a very chill and enjoyable person to play with in Jailbreak. You've displayed a clear understanding of the rules by informing others on them either when they ask in chat, or when you are unfortunately freekilled by them (Which, for some reason tends to happen more often than not...)

Your ladder is, expectedly, fine. Fair punishments and consistency is what I like to see. Taking Owl's criticism and applying it quickly is also promising.

One think I want to mention are your chatlogs mainly from 2020.

Fu** page logs:
View attachment 35736
(Page 1 is mainly from 2022, 2-24 occuring in 2020.)

The main reason that I wanted to mention this was because of (as Owl mentioned) the increase in maturity that happened directly after this period. I wasn't there for the edgy 2020 Tony, so I'm not sure exactly what you were like, but the ability to change and grow as a person is definitely one that is appreciated as a staff member.

I expect more activity whether it be on the forums or in the discord. Reports are always welcomed, as are @Moderators in the request help channel.

I don't have too much more to say except:
+Support
It would be great to have another person to rcon smite @all with.
Heya Berg, it’s very nice to see your reply!

First off, I wanna thank you for the kind words, I don’t really know what else to say apart from thank you lol. Regarding the chat logs, I try my best (some slip ups included) to stay away from curse words considering the younger audience that is sometimes present on the Jailbreak server. I personally find it a lot more fun to play when curse words aren’t just brazenly thrown around at people.

I will try my best on the reporting side of things, although demos and clipping software tend to be pretty finicky for me. Hopefully I’ll be able to hammer out some of the problems I have with them and you’ll see some more activity from me. o7

Finally, thank you for the support!

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Your app itself looks fine, ladder is passable and your punishment history is fairly clean. The question, one that seems to come up a lot with promising jb applicants in particular, is whether you're actually interested in moderating or just enabling the lower elements of the community. Alt accounts and regs aiding them are a constant hassle, and we don't need another mod who's just going to look the other way on those and other issues. If one of your friends starts causing problems and you're not prepared to deal with it, I'd prefer if you simply didn't apply.

tony

Strange

tony

Your app itself looks fine, ladder is passable and your punishment history is fairly clean. The question, one that seems to come up a lot with promising jb applicants in particular, is whether you're actually interested in moderating or just enabling the lower elements of the community. Alt accounts and regs aiding them are a constant hassle, and we don't need another mod who's just going to look the other way on those and other issues. If one of your friends starts causing problems and you're not prepared to deal with it, I'd prefer if you simply didn't apply.
Hello 10k, I’m very thankful to see your input.

I do understand the disruption that tends to come from alts, as I have seen the many different issues that usually occur whenever they are on, whether it be mass freekilling or anything else. Regardless of whether or not I know them personally as friends, I do intend on dealing with any issues or whatnot that I come across, especially in regards to alts.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom