Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Tom838's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom838

Username: Tom838

Name
Tom Bradley

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. It states less however, I've been playing for a fairly long time i believe it has been reset.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? No

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:59468009

Your DiscordID
ooba#1121

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
WPEU (Duck Team), PDC (Pandemic Dodgeball Community)

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
All of the dodgeball servers, NA/EU.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
Wouldn't mind being an extra helping hand, especially in dodgeball servers. I'm passionate for dodgeball and have a fair share of moderating experience. Haven't been seeing as many moderators/admins on the servers I play on besides Zonas, specifically during the times i play which can be between the afternoon up until late, during NA wake up times. Blackwonder servers have been fairly populated the last few weeks and based on my time spent playing there it isn't always up to shape. From my experience people like to migrate from dead servers who were previously banned which I can spot out with ease. I've also been helping Silorak out on his own dodgeball server in identifying and getting rid of cheaters. Overall, I'm just looking to give something back to the community.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Zonas390, we have been friends for numerous years now, probably all the way back since WPEU dodgeball server which honestly I don't even remember since when, definitely more than 5 years ago. We chat often regardless of dodgeball and play together on a range of servers.

How often do you play TF2?
On/Off, I can play every day sometimes, couple of times a week or depending when im free and not working. I like to play during the afternoon-late night hours (12:00pm-2:00am).

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
The general rulebreakers disregarding the server's gamemode such as spammers (Text/Voice) would initially be given warnings. Having ignored the warnings they would be given a gag or be muted. The lengths of the punishment would gradually increase having it be a repeat offense. 30min to an hour, to two, to four etc. Eventually, making it permanent. The same principle follows for different language speakers, any racism, being disrespectful or advertisement.

Users with inappropriate usernames or profile pictures will be kicked with a warning message to have it changed before being allowed back on the server. Inappropriate sprays will instantly be removed and the user will be given a warning to have it changed or completely removed. Any of these instructions which are not followed will result in a kick with the reason stating so. Users who join back and fail to correct the names, profile pictures or continue to use inappropriate sprays will be kicked a second time. Any third repeaters would be given a temporary ban for the day. Anything after that will only increase the length of the punishment to a week, month and ultimately receiving a permanent one.

Impersonation of admin will result in a warning to have the user change their name. This more or less follows the same principles as users with inappropriate usernames where failing to comply will have themselves kicked from the server and repeating themselves will only lead to a ban.

Idlers or anyone who is purposefully avoiding the AFK system will be kicked with a warning message that they are being AFK. Anyone continuing to re-join the server to stay afk will be warned a second time, with a follow up to a temporary hourly ban having ignored the moderator the third time.

Alts/Avoiders, people who avoided the initial punishments, if found out, will have themselves removed from the server and have their punishment doubled. However, depending on the severity of the case, if having it be a repeat offender it will lead to a permanent ban straight away.

Anyone abusing calladmin feature will receive a warning to stop doing so. Failing to listen will result in a temporary hourly ban. The repeat offenders will have their ban length increased based on their previous time. 1h to 2h to 4h to 8h to a day to a week, leading up to a permanent ban.

The general rules for cheating will first require myself or anyone on the server to obtain a demo which provide sufficient evidence that the person is cheating. If the case is too difficult to identify whether they're cheating it would be best to try and get reassurance from other admins or moderators based on their expertise. Having clearly identified that the user is cheating they will receive a permanent ban.

The dodgeball rules are more or less simple to follow. Any new users found breaking the rules will be advised to read them, in other words this will only count as a warning.

Stealing rockets which are not meant for them will result in a warning. It is quite easy to identify users who a purposefully going after rockets which are not theirs therefore, people who are trying to team up will not be classed as stealers. This also goes same for anyone who is purposefully getting up to another players face leaving them no choice but to steal it. Anyone attempting to make someone else purposefully steal like that will be given a warning. Cases where the users are just stealing once or twice to save themselves will also not be given a warning as it may have been just a reflex or a cause to feel panic. However, they will be monitored to make sure it is just that. Anyone found continuously breaking the rule by continuing to steal will be slain and warned again. Purposefully continuing to do so will result in a kick. Anything after that will be a temporary hourly ban with an increase to its length for every repeat offence (1h to 2h to 4h to 8h to a day to a week to a permanent).

Blocking players will result in them getting a warning to give adequate space for others. Continuing to block will result in them getting a slap. If they continue they will be getting a kick. Anything after that will result in a temporary hourly ban with an increase to its length for every repeat offence (1h to 2h to 4h to 8h to a day to a week to a permanent).

Wasting time by destroying the rocket or orbiting too long will result in them being frozen and warned. If they continue to carry on they will be slayed and kicked, eventually leading up to a temporary hourly ban with an increase to its length of every repeat offence (1h to 2h to 4h to 8h to a day to a week to a permanent).

Purposefully killing own teammates will result in a warning. If they carry on they will be slayed and explained why they should not be doing be doing so. Anyone found disobeying will get kicked. Rejoining and continuing to team kill will lead to a temporary hourly ban with an increase to its length of every repeat offence (1h to 2h to 4h to 8h to a day to a week to a permanent).

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I would say i'm a fairly nice guy and i get along with everyone quite well. I don't particularly engage in anything and mainly just get on by playing.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom