Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Thread making limitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
As you will find here in these screenshots:
7cd327d0ef311fe4e3a3d8cf6f06801d.png

vvvvvvv.jpg

de8a586fed10748e5e2b38a7b890628c.png

As it is very obvious mr.eddie AKA Straightouttamemes, is the one who made this... shit
How did i know that? the famous 26 years old quote that he keeps saying...
v.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, i really think there should be a way to make something like a thread limitation, which means new members can (for example) make 3~5 threads per-day. and can't make more.

Regular/donor members (which have reached a specific amount of activity and posts or whatever other conditions that we may think of in the future in order to try and solve this issue) can make 10 threads per-day

Admins/Owners as obvious as it s they can make as much as they want.

I really hope if my idea or suggestion wasn't the best one, then we really need to find a way to stop such things from happening... ASAP

sone other suggestion would be to make all admins able to delete accounts, an other would be to finally introduce the "Headadmins" title and only them and the owner can delete accounts.
Ehm ignore that, i didn't know that feature already exists...
if any admin goes to someone's profile that actually did spam, you can see moderator tools, you press it and then press spam, and then clean up... the account and posts and threads and everything will be deleted...
*The more you know*

@Benedevil we really really need a solution to this... problem. Ehm... nvm you can just find a solution later whenever you are bored...

Last edited:

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Or just have a limitation only on accounts younger than "certain amount of days"?
Honestly i still don't know what "X" amount of days is needed to finally be able to post more threads that usual.

Because if we only make it "X" amount of days, i'm pretty sure whoever wants to spam this shit will make the account and go afk or whatever... he will just have to wait, or go play shit while the website is open...

So.. we also need a specific amount of posts and thread making in order to unlock more features for this person, so that we can know that this isn't a fake account, and that person is a legit player.... not a computer or someone fucking around.

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

If he takes the effort to way x days to spam. He will just make new fake accounts to spam anyway with.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Great idea! I wasn't there when to whole spamming happend, but damn. This is just sad. Well, at least we know how to improve now.

But I think I have an idea on what the limit should be:
The first 2 weeks, a new member can make up to 3 thread daily. It ensures that he can:
  1. report people
  2. report a problem
  3. make a suggestion on how to improve
Other thing can wait a day or two, like introduction, feedback or questions.

Then after 2 weeks, the limit is 10. They now can, if they want, make multiple thread per day in off-topic, question or somewhere else. But there should be still a limit, because I think people like Memes WILL wait 2 weeks if it means that they can spam. Then, after maybe 2 months, you will gain access to unlimited threads. Or just a really high thread lock. Because, let's be real: Who needs to post over 50 thread IN A SINGLE DAY? So, maybe make a 50 thread lock/day. It IS a big number, and people may be able to spam all 50, but hey, lots of things can happen in these 2 months.

Now, this is a suggestion. So please, discuss and state your opinion on it

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Great idea! I wasn't there when to whole spamming happend, but damn. This is just sad. Well, at least we know how to improve now.

But I think I have an idea on what the limit should be:
The first 2 weeks, a new member can make up to 3 thread daily. It ensures that he can:
  1. report people
  2. report a problem
  3. make a suggestion on how to improve
Other thing can wait a day or two, like introduction, feedback or questions.

Then after 2 weeks, the limit is 10. They now can, if they want, make multiple thread per day in off-topic, question or somewhere else. But there should be still a limit, because I think people like Memes WILL wait 2 weeks if it means that they can spam. Then, after maybe 2 months, you will gain access to unlimited threads. Or just a really high thread lock. Because, let's be real: Who needs to post over 50 thread IN A SINGLE DAY? So, maybe make a 50 thread lock/day. It IS a big number, and people may be able to spam all 50, but hey, lots of things can happen in these 2 months.

Now, this is a suggestion. So please, discuss and state your opinion on it

Again, a waiting game is easy.
i dislike the fact that you simply have to wait to gain access for other things, and 2 weeks is a bit too long, perhaps a week is enough... actually let me tell you my idea...

1. "X" amount of days has to pass for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps 1 week)
2. "X" amount of posts/threads need to be made for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps 10 posts + 12 threads or whatever we will decide in the future...)
3. "X" amount of ratings (Positive/Neutral/Negative) needs to be given for this "new player" for this condition to be "Checked" (Perhaps a total of 10~20 ratings)
4. (if the player is connected via steam) "X" amount of hours played in our blackwonder servers has to be reached for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps a total of 24~36 hours played in our servers.)

i really think that new players should pass these conditions first in order to become a regular player.
-------------------------
A regular player will be able to:
1. Make 20~30 posts per-day.
2. Make 10~15 threads per-day.
3. other than the already existing 1.2 times you earn credits when you have the *Blw.tf* in your name, when you are a regular you will have it at 1.25~1.3 times.

That's how i imagine the regular players to be.
------------------------
As well as this random idea...
Players that are well-known in the community and are regulars, can be promoted to special players, which will give them a higher or even unlimited amount of threads and posts made per-day.
These players can only be promoted by the owner, or in the future (if we ever make something like headadmin) they too will have the ability to do such thing.
----------------------

Again these are only suggestion that can be changed later in the future with your suggestions, this has not yet been implemented if you ever magically think so.
personally i don't know where this thread is going... i don't know if it's a good idea or not... anyways hopefully things will turn out to be good.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
1. "X" amount of days has to pass for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps 1 week)
2. "X" amount of posts/threads need to be made for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps 10 posts + 12 threads or whatever we will decide in the future...)
3. "X" amount of ratings (Positive/Neutral/Negative) needs to be given for this "new player" for this condition to be "Checked" (Perhaps a total of 10~20 ratings)
4. (if the player is connected via steam) "X" amount of hours played in our blackwonder servers has to be reached for this condition to be "Checked" (perhaps a total of 24~36 hours played in our servers.)

i really think that new players should pass these conditions first in order to become a regular player.
A regular player will be able to:
1. Make 20~30 posts per-day.
2. Make 10~15 threads per-day.
3. other than the already existing 1.2 times you earn credits when you have the *Blw.tf* in your name, when you are a regular you will have it at 1.25~1.3 times.

That's how i imagine the regular players to be.

I disagree with the "regular" player idea. Some of the conditions aren't really suited for that. I think it's be more clever to unlock more posts/threads with each passed condition
Also, I will say it once again: I find the idea of having a cap of a maximum of threads/posts per day very good. However, the ammount of how many and when is up to discussion.
Lastly, Donors should be able to post double the ammount of posts/threads than normal players.
As for your 4 conditions:
  1. Well, easy to access. But still nothing against it.
  2. Well, I think it should be posts > threads, since otherwise people are forced to make threads even if there are no need to. A few won't hurt, like in Off-topic, but no need for 10 threads asking which song in which category I like the mosts.
  3. Also a meh idea. Sometimes, people won't get any ratings on their comments. Not because what they comment it bad, but more because it's neither good or bad and isn't too helpful/funny. I think in this case the ratio is more important. Like you need at least a 60% positive ratio. Positive count 1, neutral count 0.5, and negative 1. So if you have 0/0/0, you get a 50% ratio. If you have 3/2/2 you have a 50% ratio. If you have 4/2/1 you get a 66% ratio. Just some simple math. It's starts at a minimum of 10 or more votes.
  4. Well, people could still be afk, since some servers don't have an afk kick. But well, it's still a good idea
Not, let's say we start with 3 threads and 10 posts per day when you register.
Condition one gives you 2 more threads and 7 more posts
Condition 2 gives you 3 more threads and 8 more posts
Condition 3 either gives or removes 7 more threads and 15 more posts
Condition 4 gives you 5 more threads and 10 more posts

That gives you a total of 20 threads and 50 posts per day if you unlock every condition

As well as this random idea...
Players that are well-known in the community and are regulars, can be promoted to special players, which will give them a higher or even unlimited amount of threads and posts made per-day.
These players can only be promoted by the owner, or in the future (if we ever make something like headadmin) they too will have the ability to do such thing.

Well, not a bad idea. Maybe we should, if we chose to integrate you idea, an application forum for it. People who think deserve the title can apply there and admins vote.

Again these are only suggestion that can be changed later in the future with your suggestions, this has not yet been implemented if you ever magically think so.
personally i don't know where this thread is going... i don't know if it's a good idea or not... anyways hopefully things will turn out to be good.

I think your idea is a good one, don't worry. We saw what can happen if people choose to spam. Also, our maybe "new" limitation will not really harm anyone, since we don't have that many players yet who posts more than 3 thread a day (mostly the one's who report people) and posts something more than 10+ times. And then, if they reach the limit, can just wait a day. Your comment about your favorite song can wait a bit longer, cmon.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Lastly, Donors should be able to post double the ammount of posts/threads than normal players.

i just had this thing in mind... that... someone can donate and then immediately just spam the forums, or wait for late hours when almost no admins are online and then start spamming... maybe it's just me.

Btw, maybe you will like this idea:
Before you CAN become a donor you have to AT LEAST play in the Blackwonder servers for 12~24~36 hours.

4. Well, people could still be afk, since some servers don't have an afk kick. But well, it's still a good idea
i only put that there cuz there was other conditions that support this one, so not only you need to stay afk, but also do other conditions as well.

Not, let's say we start with 3 threads and 10 posts per day when you register.
Condition one gives you 2 more threads and 7 more posts
Condition 2 gives you 3 more threads and 8 more posts
Condition 3 either gives or removes 7 more threads and 15 more posts
Condition 4 gives you 5 more threads and 10 more posts

That gives you a total of 20 threads and 50 posts per day if you unlock every condition.

i really like this idea, it makes it a little bit more easier to achieve it in a less strict way/more reasonable way.

EDIT: Also i forgot to mention that the "Special players" will get the donor perks as well, so they don't have to donate in order to get the donor perks.

Last edited:
Hello, I am coming in to this conversation very late, as well as this is my first time actually making an account on your forums. However I do have some experience with this forum issue.

I personally have not used Xenoforo however I have heard it is very good. Xenforo does have a Captcha option that you can find in the Admin Control Panel. https://xenforo.com/help/captcha/ : I strongly suggest you add a CAPTCHA to your registration process, to make it just one more thing a potential spammer would have to pass and take his time to do. As well as instead of restricting users a certain amount of posts per day. Make it so they can post an unlimited amount of posts. However after a certain amount of posts in a certain time frame a CAPTCHA question would appear. Explained below.

Not sure how much coding you all put into the site vs. the code that Xenforo gives you. However if you could make it so after a player posts say 10 posts, in say 1 hour or even a day. They have to start doing captchas before a post can be submitted. Thus allowing a player to post what they need and if they are truly posting content related to the servers, they could quickly fill out the captcha. Where as a spammer, who just wants to spam the forums, will be swayed to give up and go to a more easier less defended prey.

Another thing to note most good spammers will tend to use a program that auto spams forums. If an occasional CAPTCHA was added that could cause a large difference in the number of spammers as well.

Pretty sure you just explained the process in a much more simpler way of how StackOverflow does their Reputation Rating System. Which would be great if this was a pure question answer forum.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hello, I am coming in to this conversation very late, as well as this is my first time actually making an account on your forums. However I do have some experience with this forum issue.

I personally have not used Xenoforo however I have heard it is very good. Xenforo does have a Captcha option that you can find in the Admin Control Panel. https://xenforo.com/help/captcha/ : I strongly suggest you add a CAPTCHA to your registration process, to make it just one more thing a potential spammer would have to pass and take his time to do. As well as instead of restricting users a certain amount of posts per day. Make it so they can post an unlimited amount of posts. However after a certain amount of posts in a certain time frame a CAPTCHA question would appear. Explained below.

Not sure how much coding you all put into the site vs. the code that Xenforo gives you. However if you could make it so after a player posts say 10 posts, in say 1 hour or even a day. They have to start doing captchas before a post can be submitted. Thus allowing a player to post what they need and if they are truly posting content related to the servers, they could quickly fill out the captcha. Where as a spammer, who just wants to spam the forums, will be swayed to give up and go to a more easier less defended prey.

Another thing to note most good spammers will tend to use a program that auto spams forums. If an occasional CAPTCHA was added that could cause a large difference in the number of spammers as well.

Pretty sure you just explained the process in a much more simpler way of how StackOverflow does their Reputation Rating System. Which would be great if this was a pure question answer forum.
Ummm... wow.
Uuuuh thanks for... taking your time and doing this, this should be useful.
Hopefully when @Benedevil is back from holidays he will look at this and see what he can do about it.

Anyways, again thanks for your time.

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
That'll be nice an all, but all the thread spammers I saw looked like they did it manually, so a limitation would still be useful (such as 2 every hour), if it's considered.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Guys, as much as I love being the hero when needed, and as much as I love using the "clean spam" option, it is still annoying.
I really think we should have a thread limit. I know that @Benedevil is on holidays and I don't want to force him back immediately.
Yet, I think it is important to show that we need a limit.
Unbenannt.png
image.png

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Guys, as much as I love being the hero when needed, and as much as I love using the "clean spam" option, it is still annoying.
I really think we should have a thread limit. I know that @Benedevil is on holidays and I don't want to force him back immediately.
Yet, I think it is important to show that we need a limit.
Unbenannt.png
image.png
wait.. when did this happen?
if it happened recently, then.. well.. shit xD

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Admin
Quick Idea of my side, not really necessary if we got the spam block, but for now (maybe):

Give Moderators the ability to temporarily disable:
  • the creation of ANY new account.
  • the creation of ANY new thread/post
Of course, admins are still able to post and create, but not for normal users,
Dunno about the time, maybe an hour? And you always have to fill out a small template where you explain the reason?
In that 1 hour, the admin then can ban every account without having to worry that another begins to spam
I haven't slept yet, so I haven't thought about the idea that much, it might even be very bad.
But remember, non of that may be needed if we start to use a spam block

I'll sleep now

Nightynight

P.S: Thanks @Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom