Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined TheTrueChampion's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueChampion

Strange
Username: TheTrueChampion

Name
The Champion

Your Age
19 (Turning 20 in 15 days)

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year? Yes

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the forum guide on how to apply? Yes

If you have ever played on a Blackwonder server, you will have had a user profile automatically generated on tfstats.tf. Locate and link your tfstats profile here. https://tfstats.tf/player/2993864

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:0:170921441

Your DiscordID
Fours#1500

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on, and which servers would you like to moderate?
I strictly play on US Jailbreak as I am quite fond of the game mode, that being said, I wish to moderate Jailbreak.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I wish to become a Moderator for Jailbreak because there's a lack of Moderators or staff on that server from what I've seen, only 'staff' I really see are donators and without proper administration. I wish to help out as a result, as I'm not a strict individual and I'm rather the type of person to be neutral and chill with most, if not, everyone, something I feel that's needed.

Do you know or have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

How often do you play TF2?
Quite a lot, recently got back into it.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the servers you want to moderate
Let's say someone free-kills an individual by accident and refuses to slay themself for it as a result, I would kindly tell them that I will slay them and then tell them what they did wrong, or I will give them a warning to not do that again. The choice is based on the severity of the situation if it was accidental or otherwise.

EDIT: Another example would be if someone has a spray that is considered 'NSFW' (Not Safe For Work), I would spray ban them and tell them the reason why, the same would apply to the objector as any decals can be placed onto it.

If someone is discriminating against someone or just being racist & sexist in general, I'd tell them to stop or I would gag and mute them. If they do not listen, then I will apply the punishment, it's always good to give people a chance to stop and relax but there are times where punishments can be handed out without a warning, specifically if the person is clearly spamming such things or doing these things knowingly as a 'troll'.

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I have a learning disability but besides that? No.

EDIT: I was a staff member on multiple servers within Garry's Mod, specifically DarkRP and such.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
User constantly inserts themselves into situations they have no business being a part of, and my one (to my knowledge) in-game interaction with them a few days ago resulted in them narrowly avoiding a permanent teamban due to the map changing before I could issue it.

TheTrueChampion

Strange
User constantly inserts themselves into situations they have no business being a part of, and my one (to my knowledge) in-game interaction with them a few days ago resulted in them narrowly avoiding a permanent teamban due to the map changing before I could issue it.
I will like to apologize for my actions during that time, within that time span before posting my application, I wasn't too knowledgable about the rules and only use the basics relating to banned mini-games and free-killing, etc.

As for the insertion comment, while I do insert myself into situations that don't have anything to do with me, the situation in question was a public issue that needed to be resolved. I attempted to resolve it in a neutral and mature manner to prevent it from escalating to something worse.

I do wish to speak to you about this in DMs on Discord if that is fine with you, I do not mean any hostilities or aggression towards you in any manner and your criticism is noted.

Thank you for the response.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi Champion,

Your application was a really borderline case. I'll start with the positive. I have received a handful of positive feedback from staff who think the servers could use your help. Although not a universally-shared opinion, there is a sentiment among some that you would do well.

Let's get into the laundry list of negatives. 10K already mentioned this, but I think it's worth reiterating (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/524550802316984330/1102391497673945148/Champion.PNG). This incident happened on the day of you opening your application. Our expectation is for applicants to be well-versed in the rules for servers they are applying for when opening their application. This is especially true for JB, which has a long and complex ruleset.

We have also found you pointlessly disrespectful to random people. Surely, I don't need to explain why this is a bad look for someone applying as staff. In this instance (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1095789712964325476/1102695567437602876/IMG_4383.png), why not tell the player that traditionally, x1000 is not a balanced gamemode? Or why not give them advice on countering that playstyle? Ideally, staff won't be driving players away from our servers by calling them drug users.

On that same note, I don't think calling our players desperate does us any favors as well (https://i.gyazo.com/5241172aa193350587b935bccd4712da.png). In my experience, players have been very understanding when you tell them politely that there is a backlog and that staff are volunteers who will handle reports when they can. I just don't see the need to escalate and insult.

All things considered, this application was not a total wash. I hope this response made clear to you some of the issues that held you back, and that you improve yourself and come back better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom