Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined tf2dude's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

tf2dude

User name: tf2dude

Name
tf2dude

Your Age

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:15919718

Your DiscordID
tcun#9922

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
I enjoy playing on the x100 servers mostly.

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I've been playing tf2 for about 9 years and I would like to make the BlackWonder servers more enjoyable/inclusive for everyone. I used to run several Quake 3 Arena servers from my closet in 2009. My old roommate in college played TF2 competitively and we would stay up all night playing this game, so it has a special place in my heart.

The BlackWonder servers that I play on do not generally have any Admin players, so that is my primary reason for applying.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? No

When are you usually available to play?
Every few days, I'm online PST from 6pm until midnight

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
I would like to think I'm very reasonable.

Players who violate a rule 3 times can be muted or spray banned, however I wouldn't consider myself extremely strict.
Aimbots/hacks: ban

If you have better suggestions, I'd like to hear them!

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
I'm a software engineer working for a large, well known company. I'm familiar with managing hundreds of thousands of Linux servers for my day job (not TF2) and am deeply familiar with cloud computing and networking. I really enjoy TF2 and I look forward to contributing to the BlackWonder community. I would like to apply for a moderator position to make the servers more enjoyable/inclusive for all players.

Finally, I don't have any ties to anyone in the BlackWonder community, but I hope you still take my application into consideration.

P.S. Looks like you guys are running bans.blackwonder.tf behind CloudFlare CDN (nice, means DOS is less of an issue)

Thanks

Are you proficient in languages other than English? No

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom