Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Answered Teamkilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

In the Jailbreak rules, it is said that we can't teamkill unless we were first provoked.

So would it be considered okay to teamkill a freekiller?

Another question is, would it be considered okay to teamkill a teamkiller? And would you have to slay yourself afterwards in both of the question-scenarios?

This came in my mind due to the fact that I have experienced people getting teambanned and/or reported for teamkilling despite it being justified or not, so I have to ask as there is another held back report that I'm going to make but unsure if it's actually against the rules.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2120

From what I know you can't teamkill them even if they are teamkilling or freekilling. I haven't played tf2 for a while now so I can't say 100%

O C E A N M A N

Mildly Menacing
It’s generally better if you refrain from teamkilling, it can bring you more harm than good. You should simply record and report (I should make that a slogan), it’ll make sure it doesn’t happen again and you won’t get in any trouble. I hope this helped :)

D

Deleted member 2049

From what the rule states "without first being provoked". Don't teamkill someone for no reason (of course)
Exceptions seem to be made if you are being shot at by another team member. Just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't teamkill even if they were freekilling because both you and the freekiller can be in trouble
Screenshot (251).png

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Thank you so much for the answers so far, but I'll think I'll leave this up for two days with a vote until I can get a general conclusion of whether or not one can teamkill a freekiller or not, despite disturbance to the game.

What's even better is when admins can clarify whether or not teamkilling a freekiller is allowed.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Don’t teamkill unless absolutely necessary. In the event you do for whatever reason, have a demo or video because you will be punished all the same without grounds to stand on.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
As Jim stated - only when necessary.

We've kept teamkilling among the blue team possible in order to have some sort of self-moderation in Jailbreak when nobody is around to help. However, it should be restricted to blatant cases of repeated mass freekill, and not on someone who has made a mistake or two or broken another minor guard rule.

Even then, keep a recording handy just in case, so that anyone who asks can be absolutely sure it was valid. We need to keep it like this because if we are not strict enough, the self-moderation will devolve into death-by-personal-interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom