Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Team lock for admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie

Uncharitable
The idea of this is to stop players from just leaving blue during or right b4 mic check so they dont get caught and thrm banned if they dont have a mic, i havent seen it too much on these servers but on other servers it happens pretty much all thr time

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

We can just ask the people that jumped onto RED or spectator whether they have a mic or not already. Seems pretty pointless to be honest.

Melectrome

Legendary
Also, if someone presses the wrong key to join a team, they're screwed and perma teambanned.

I agree that leaving blu when a mic check is announced is really stupid and annoying for admins, but that's why all mic checks are never announced and it's always a suprise.

...Unless someone says "hEy GuYS!!1! ADMn jOiNEd! MIC chECk nEXt ROuNd"

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

People do that quite a lot. Someone called out Wanka the other day by doing exactly what you quoted.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I've also announced a miccheck before a round, but then it's pretty easy to see who switched team between the round and just ask them for microphone verification as well

Ben.

Unremarkable
This is a good idea in my opinion due to the simple fact that if we dont prevent it they will keep going back and forth on teams...It defeats the purpose of a mic check and therefore renders it useless...So yes please add this possibly.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Also, if someone presses the wrong key to join a team, they're screwed and perma teambanned.
Admins could give them a chance to, if they don't respond with a mic, explain why they are on blue. If it's an accident, a shorter teamban could suffice (~30m-1h)

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

You are too light with people (@hey ya ). If they're on BLU without a mic, and they fail a mic check, they should have a perma teamban. It's a standard thing to do to prevent mic-less wardens failing a round and potentially ruining LR's or chaos in general.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

You are too light with people (@hey ya ). If they're on BLU without a mic, and they fail a mic check, they should have a perma teamban. It's a standard thing to do to prevent mic-less wardens failing a round and potentially ruining LR's or chaos in general.
I understand I'm being light, but it's more to address the specific issue of accidentally joining blue (EDIT: On that round specifically). It's incredibly rare, but can be unfair. The other 99% of the time I agree with a perma temban.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
We dont really need this as it's usually quite obvious who has switched teams and we can see in the right hand corner as it always kills them too so declined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom