What's new

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Tax Fraud's Admin Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
User name: Tax Fraud

Name
Tax Fraud

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:186177090

Your DiscordID Tax Fraud#6778

Have you managed servers previously? No

On what servers do you usually play on?
BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak, BlackWonder TX | Hightower | No carts.

Why would you like to become an admin?
I’ve played on BlackWonder servers for just shy of a year now. I fell in love with the community and frequent jailbreak servers when I have free time. Recently, I have noticed that a significant amount of new players join every day. However, a majority of these people neglect to read the rules and therefore ruin the experience for other players. I’ve felt that no matter what I do, whether its calladmin, make a report, or ask for help in Discord, people can get away with breaking rules. I believe that I can help staff stay on top of reports, complaints from players via Discord, and just help others in general. I would love to be able to assist someone that’s calling for help on all servers.

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
Herald11, Jampoint, Noodle Ball, Alex-Ario, and Fish-Related Crimes

When are you usually available to play?
3:45 pm-10pm PST on weekdays and all day on the weekends. More available during breaks and summer.

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the game modes you play
Standard

Spamming VC or chat:
1 warning > 1-hour gag/mute > 2-hour gag/mute > 1-day gag/mute > 2-day gag/mute > 1-week gag/mute > 2-week gag/mute > 1-month gag/mute > Permanent gag/mute
Racism:
1-day gag/mute > 2-day gag/mute > 1-week gag/mute > 2-week gag/mute > Permanent gag/mute
Inappropriate Spray:
Permanent spray ban
Inappropriate Objector:
Tell them to unequip it or change the decal > Kick with messsage, "Unequip your objector or change the decal." > 3 hour ban
Exploits/Glitches:
Warning > 1-day ban > 2-day ban > 1-week ban > 2-week ban > 1-month ban > Permanent ban
Hacking:
Record suspected hacker and provide punishment.
Advertising Hacks:
Permanent gag/mute

Jailbreak

General

Delaying:
Verbal warning > Slay
Armory camping:
Slay or team ban for blues if the problem persists.
Overtalking Warden (Also during mic checks): a verbal warning > 1 hour mute > 2 hour mute
Ghosting:
Warning > 1-hour gag/mute > 2-hour gag/mute > 1-day gag/mute > 3-day gag/mute > 1-week gag/mute > 3-week gag/mute > 1-month gag/mute > permanent gag/mute

Prisoners

Free day abuse:
Warning > Slay
Ammo glitching:
Alert them to not use until they actually get ammo(If they don’t comply then...) > 1-day ban > 2-day ban > 3-day ban > 1-week ban > 3-week ban > 1-month ban > permanent ban
Sticky Trapping:
Warning > Slay

Warden

Sticky Trapping:

Warn the demo to stop and detonate them from a safe distance > Slay > 1-hour teamban > 12-hour teamban > 1-day teamban
Illegal orders/minigames:
Warning > Slay
Not giving a repeat when prisoners ask:
Tell them to repeat -(If they don't comply...)-> 1-hour team ban > 2-hour teamban > 1-day teamban
Trick orders:
Warden will be asked to clarify -(If they don't comply...)-> 1-hour teamban > 2-hour teamban > 1-day teamban
Illegal FF:
Turn off FF then team ban the warden for 3 hours if anyone died. I will also respawn any reds who were killed.
Unwarden:
Slay them, Tell them they cannot unwarden, and make another blue warden

Guards

Freehit:

Verbal Warning > Slay > 1-day team ban > 2 day team ban
Freekill:
Slay > (If intentionally repeated) 1-day team ban
Mass freekill:
The guard will get a 1-week ban and a permanent team ban. If they continue to do so or obviously are trying to mass free kill they will be permanently banned.
Away from warden:
I will ask why they are away from the warden and tell them to go back or be slain. If they are not complying I will slay them. > 1-day teamban
Inaudible microphone:
I will give them a chance to fix their mic. If the mic still is not fixed I will issue a team ban them until they can get it fixed.
No microphone:
Permanent teamban
Favoritism:
the blue will be told to stop. If they continue to show favoritism then a 1-day team ban will be issued.
LR Denial:
1-day team ban + give the red the lr they desired
Team Kill:
1-day team ban > 2-day team ban > 1-week team ban

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Toxicity:

I was quite toxic in the past and I have definitely said many regrettable things that was totally immature and offensive. I would often change my name to rude things and direct them towards other people. I would also flip out over silly and small things leading to toxic and aggressive messages. Back then, I didn’t think much of what I said online and felt like everything I threw out didn’t matter. I used to go by the name, “SushiCat” and started drama for no reason. Since then, I have apologized and become good friends with some people I had beef with.

My most recent teamban was given by Aegeus Dusk for “MFK”. It was a misunderstanding with how markers and movement commands work. I ordered reds to follow my markers and put one in Deathrun. Some reads didn’t go, so I said, “Go to that marker in deathrun”. I then placed another marker outside of deathrun and some people went to it. I assumed my follow marker order was still active and killed everyone in Deathrun. Since then, I have learned and read up on rules for markers and haven’t had any issues since.

My most recent mute was given to me by Paragon for calling a guard a racial slur. As you can tell from this and my chat logs, I was pretty toxic in 2018 and early 2019. After my most recent app was declined, I took time to change myself and learn how to show self-restraint. I believe that I have changed my old habits and learned to be a bit friendlier in game.

Previous apps:
I just joined the forums and foolishly applied the same day. I deleted that app because I realized how toxic I was and decided to save myself the embarrassment. I was a very different person back then. I barely knew anyone from the community and I didn’t know the rules very well.

I posted my second app after I had gotten to know the community better. However, I still had some of that toxic nature in me and my app was declined because of it.

Thanks for reading my app!
~Tax

Changelog:
~Reformatted, bolded, and added color
~Updated punishment section
~Updated punishment section 2: Electric Boogaloo

Last edited:

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
How do you punish for repeat offenses for things like blue using stickies? Do you just slay them each time?
Hello, thanks for asking. For reds, I would just slay them, as a team ban would be useless. For guards, I would slay them at least twice. If they intentionally keep doing it, I would teamban them for 1-hour and tell them to read the rules. If they continue still, I would do a 12-hour teamban > 1-day teamban max.

Alex.bsp

Blackwonder's Nerd
Staff member
Admin
Mapper
Steam
Inappropriate Spray/Objector:
Permanent spray ban
What I personally do for inappropriate objector: Ask them if they can unequip it and give them a reasonably amount of time to do so depending on the server, if they don't do that, I kick them with a message saying something like "Please unequip your objector" and if they still don't unequip, ban them for 3 hours.

Hacking:
Record suspected hacker and send to other admins. Give a punishment from there.
I only recommend sending a demo/recording to admins if you're having a hard time telling whether they're actually cheating or not. Besides that, record a demo and just ban them right there on the spot with confidence.

I think you've improved yourself over the months you've been here. You're active, you know the rules, and you give me confidence that you can do well. Honestly, I think you could make a perfect mod. Herald would enjoy your company as a mod.

+Mod

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
What I personally do for inappropriate objector: Ask them if they can unequip it and give them a reasonably amount of time to do so depending on the server, if they don't do that, I kick them with a message saying something like "Please unequip your objector" and if they still don't unequip, ban them for 3 hours.

I only recommend sending a demo/recording to admins if you're having a hard time telling whether they're actually cheating or not. Besides that, record a demo and just ban them right there on the spot with confidence.

I think you've improved yourself over the months you've been here. You're active, you know the rules, and you give me confidence that you can do well. Honestly, I think you could make a perfect mod. Herald would enjoy your company as a mod.

+Mod
Thank you for the advice and support!

Gibus

Australium
Staff member
I know you and have talked with you on multiple occasions, you're a cool guy.
I have the feeling you've got a good grasp on the punishments, though I think you should still make most punishments end in a permanent punishment instead of stopping at just for example a 3 day teamban.
Honestly, I don't really have anything against you being staff here.

+MOD

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
I know you and have talked with you on multiple occasions, you're a cool guy.
I have the feeling you've got a good grasp on the punishments, though I think you should still make most punishments end in a permanent punishment instead of stopping at just for example a 3 day teamban.
Honestly, I don't really have anything against you being staff here.

+MOD
Thank you for the support Gibus. Personally, I believe that permanent punishments should only be used if the rule they are breaking affects the whole server. People accidentally break rules all the time and I believe that giving a harsh punishment (if they truly did it on accident) is unjust.

Gibus

Australium
Staff member
Thank you for the support Gibus. Personally, I believe that permanent punishments should only be used if the rule they are breaking affects the whole server. People accidentally break rules all the time and I believe that giving a harsh punishment (if they truly did it on accident) is unjust.
I personally try to be a bit more lenient with my punishments, and accidents that don't affect the fun are fine for me, I sometimes let them slide. Still, the way I see it is if someone kept freekilling every day, they would constantly be getting only a 1 day ban (according to your current punishment ladder), thus not giving them time to reflect on their actions properly.
It's always good to have a failsafe (permanent) even though it most likely won't be used. (that's the way I see it)

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
I personally try to be a bit more lenient with my punishments, and accidents that don't affect the fun are fine for me, I sometimes let them slide. Still, the way I see it is if someone kept freekilling every day, they would constantly be getting only a 1 day ban (according to your current punishment ladder), thus not giving them time to reflect on their actions properly.
It's always good to have a failsafe (permanent) even though it most likely won't be used. (that's the way I see it)
If someone were to purposely freekill every round, I would treat it like a mass freekill. I would also do my best to use common sense/ask other staff for each situation as I can’t prepare for everything.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff member
Admin
Mapper
Steam
Well then...
You've been around for quite a while, and I occasionally hear about you from @Alex-Ario before you made your app.
We haven't talked much, so I can't really tell what I think about you, though alex and others seem to say good things about you, so I'll leave it at that.
Soooo I guess I hope to know you better.

I think the admin app is okay, It's good enough.
My only two criticisms are this:
Spamming VC or chat:
1 warning > 1-hour gag/mute > 1-day gag/mute
You jumped from an hour, to a day.

Also
Ghosting:
Warning > 1-hour gag/mute > 2-hour gag/mute > 1-day gag/mute > 3-day gag/mute > 1-week gag/mute > 3-week gag/mute > 1-month gag/mute > permanent gag/mute

I think this could pretty much be a subjective matter, but personally speaking I think each scenario of ghosting can be worse than another, in which case you'd perhaps punish for the severity of the ghosting that was done.
Ofc if there are no or less than 1 priors for the ghoster, you could still take it easy.

Although you've been around for quite a while, I don't think you're ready yet to become an admin.
However, I think you'd work well as a +Mod for the meantime.

Good luck with your app :)

Sakuya

Trickster
Staff member
Admin
Steam
Hey Tax Fraud
So to start off your app is well-written and gives us sufficient information.
Its nice that you layout your take on punishing players but trust me you're going to leverage your punishments based on their record, severity, and etc. The few punishments you listed under your "Guard" category caught my eye because plenty of them you'll start out with an hour teamban but for something like not being with warden that would be a day to begin with.
Umm yea I can't see lr denying, teamkilling, freehitting, and favoritism to be an hour teamban if you would teamban another player for 1 day if they were away from warden. Just pointing that out. Oh along with unwardening, you don't have a punishment for that, people definitely need to be punished.

Hello, thanks for asking. For reds, I would just slay them, as a team ban would be useless. For guards, I would slay them at least twice. If they intentionally keep doing it, I would teamban them for 1-hour and tell them to read the rules. If they continue still, I would do a 12-hour teamban > 1-day teamban max.
Yea one slay is enough or just simply verbally warning them. If they don't listen the first time they don't deserve to be on blue if their intention is to ruin the game for everyone.
I can't really say much about you in the server I know I have been in LA JB with you countless times but I don't pay special attention to everyone all I know is that you sound very monotone and not enthusiastic which of course, that is not going to ruin your chances of course but people will probably not listen to you if you're demanding attention for a mic check or whatnot.
All in all you definitely made an improvement from your past which is very good, you have a good understanding of the rules but what is said on paper does not reflect your actions in-game so we'll see your take on punishments in-game. +MOD for me other admins have good thoughts on you so best of luck!

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
Well then...
You've been around for quite a while, and I occasionally hear about you from @Alex-Ario before you made your app.
We haven't talked much, so I can't really tell what I think about you, though alex and others seem to say good things about you, so I'll leave it at that.
Soooo I guess I hope to know you better.

I think the admin app is okay, It's good enough.
My only two criticisms are this:
You jumped from an hour, to a day.

Also

I think this could pretty much be a subjective matter, but personally speaking I think each scenario of ghosting can be worse than another, in which case you'd perhaps punish for the severity of the ghosting that was done.
Ofc if there are no or less than 1 priors for the ghoster, you could still take it easy.

Although you've been around for quite a while, I don't think you're ready yet to become an admin.
However, I think you'd work well as a +Mod for the meantime.

Good luck with your app :)
Hi Wolf,
Thank you for pointing those two gaps out. I will admit those two ladders have a pretty severe gap. I will tone the severity back a bit. Thanks for the support!

Tax Fraud

Positively Inhumane
Staff member
Steam
Hey Tax Fraud
So to start off your app is well-written and gives us sufficient information.
Its nice that you layout your take on punishing players but trust me you're going to leverage your punishments based on their record, severity, and etc. The few punishments you listed under your "Guard" category caught my eye because plenty of them you'll start out with an hour teamban but for something like not being with warden that would be a day to begin with.
Umm yea I can't see lr denying, teamkilling, freehitting, and favoritism to be an hour teamban if you would teamban another player for 1 day if they were away from warden. Just pointing that out. Oh along with unwardening, you don't have a punishment for that, people definitely need to be punished.

Yea one slay is enough or just simply verbally warning them. If they don't listen the first time they don't deserve to be on blue if their intention is to ruin the game for everyone.
I can't really say much about you in the server I know I have been in LA JB with you countless times but I don't pay special attention to everyone all I know is that you sound very monotone and not enthusiastic which of course, that is not going to ruin your chances of course but people will probably not listen to you if you're demanding attention for a mic check or whatnot.
All in all you definitely made an improvement from your past which is very good, you have a good understanding of the rules but what is said on paper does not reflect your actions in-game so we'll see your take on punishments in-game. +MOD for me other admins have good thoughts on you so best of luck!
Hi Sakuya, thanks for pointing those errors out. I tried to base my first punishment off the severity of the action, however I definitely need to adjust those. I tried being less harsh at first, as first offenses are usually accidental or they simply didn’t read the rules. For their second and third offenses, I would jump up, as they should have taken the time to learn the rules. I will adjust accordingly. Thanks for your support!

Tony The Fat Fluffy Wolf

The Fattest and the Fluffiest
Staff member
Admin
Steam
Your application is good and you've corrected things pointed out to you.
Plenty else has already been said by others, so I won't drag out and repeat things :3
I'll go with most others and say +Mod for now and see where it goes. But good luck none the less :3

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff member
Admin
Steam
Hi @Tax Fraud,

I am happy to extend the position of moderator for La JB and Tx Hightower No Carts. Some of your punishments need some fine-tuning, but @Herald11 has promised to take you under his wing and help you get started. I'll be sending you a message shortly with some additional information.

Gibus

Australium
Staff member
Congrats my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)