Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SZF Balance Suggestions

EmberflameFoxheart

Right, let's just get to it. I'm a veteran of SZF and before that ZF with perks, I'm a known regular on the SZF server and I've seen some pretty concerning issues.

- Scout Candy Cane is extremely unbalanced due to it having no downside (other than being melee) while being able to give Scout and his teammates small health kits on every kill with any weapon. My general recommendation is like the Pain Train, where the damage vuln is from everything instead of one damage type that does not apply in SZF. Or make it only on melee kill, either works. (I've been told it might already have the correct damage vuln but its best to make sure.)

- Jockey is just a better Hunter. Since Hunter stun wears off and can be lived through, the Jockey is essentially entirely better in every respect but horizontal mobility. Either give the Hunter its permanent stun while on target back, or make it so the Jockey is 'forced' off a player after some amount of seconds to make it no longer invalidate last man bonuses. There's also the Jockey Space Program where Jockeys can use their infinite stun and movement on survivor to make them literally fly into the sky out of reach of everyone. Also would appreciate making it so Jockeys have a longer CD after successfully killing someone or landing on them like the Hunter. (6 seconds no matter what is brutal.)

- Hunter should have a slightly longer stun to actually kill tougher classes.

- Zombies should be able to use different melee weapons than just what they're given. Sandman on Scout zombie is just puny (I'd suggest the Wrap Assassin but that might be too strong en masse.) Boston Basher would be a suitable alternative too. (Sun on a stick for Pyro Zombie Synergy?) If nothing else it would be appreciated to be able to use default weapons/reskins if given the chance as an alternative. Additionally, Soldier Zombie should be allowed to use the Equalizer if they want damage over mobility. (Soldier Zombie tends to be just a worse Heavy in most respects that I've seen barring niche cases.) Pyro Zombie I hesitantly say should be allowed to use the Homewrecker to make them the de facto building killer in place of afterburn. Third Degree would be nice to attack Medics from behind a stronger class. Heavy Zombie would benefit from being able to use stock reskins if you're into those, or the Fists Of Steel to be a strong zombie tank (but add a much harsher melee penalty so they can be one or two tapped by any class using their melee even with Rage.) Sniper Zombie would be nice to use any of his melees (Kukri for those who don't want the Bushwhacka damage penalty, Shahanshah for damage if you're crazy like that, Tribalman Shiv to be more DoT damage like the Pyro.) Big Maybe give Demoman Zombie the Scotsman Skullcutter for damage but less speed? (Eyelander reskins being usable would be nice too.)

- Stalker should be able to manually uncloak or damage things like props as they're otherwise stuck in certain situations.

- Tank needs some adjustments as almost everyone talks about how Weak the Tank is. I've heard he used to be way stronger but the main thing right now is he needs a damage buff so it doesn't like 3-4 hits to kill a Scout or something with no overheal. A health buff would also be appreciated.

- Morale should not be a hidden mechanic that veterans have to explain, a small bar or something that indicates Morale is active and how strong it is would be excellent QoL.

- Warrior Spirit should probably get a slight healing nerf or a higher damage vulnerability with how easy it is for Heavies to solo entire hordes using it.

- Regarding Zombie weapon changes, if needing to equip it to use in your base loadout isn't effective or is just unfeasible for some people who are just that poor, it could be a menu toggled thing like donator perks so you can swap each time you spawn as you need/want. It'd also be nice if you could enable it for secondaries you can equip as some people don't realize Sniper zombie can use Darwin's, Heavy using Dalokoh bar, etc.

- Festive Secondaries are broken/unusable (Festive Bonk, Sandvich, etc.) ((I think its just for Zombie team...?))

As a final thing regarding the zombie weapon changes, ZF with perks was a lot more fun when Zombies could use more than just one pre-selected melee, and a lot of people would rather have some amount of choice which I agree with. I've tried to tailor this so as to explain why each thing would be good to add/change in hopes that it will make the game mode significantly more fun to play.

Thanks.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom